Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zack

Draft Day Open Thread

One of the best days on the NBA calender is here!!!!

Let's start fresh today with a new "game" thread for the draft.

Random draft ramblings -

Evan Turner and DeMarcus Cousins will be the 2 best players in the draft.

Turner should be the #1 when we look back on this draft. He has the tools to be ....Jordan-esque...a big statement, but true. And I think with his wholesome image, the league will ride both he and John Wall into a new era of how they want to project players in the NBA.

Wall, while he won't be a bust, won't live up to the hype in my opinion.

Ed Davis is being undervalued.

Paul George over-rated.

The Grizz need to work out a deal with GS and get Monta Ellis and the #6 and take Greg Monroe! Bring whatever 3rd team in that you need to.

Draft Bledsoe (by pulling the trigger on the Celtics deal and moving up) or Vasquez with one of their later picks.

It's looking more like Rudy Gay will be a Grizzlie next season. With talks of the Clippers trading for Deng, the Nets taking Wesley Johnson and spending their money on Carlos Boozer, Miami and Minny (excluding Chicago because I can't really read what they are doing) will be our two biggest competitors for Rudy. If he leaves it would be to Miami...but they have to sign Stoudamire. I could see them wanting Gay too....but I'm not sure how much they could spend on him. Whatever the money, shouldn't be TOO extreme and we should be able to match if we choose to. Of course nothing is set in stone.

Elliot Williams will be a very good NBA player. So will Damion James. Patrick Patterson will be solid. Xavier Henry average.

Just a few names.

I didn't care much for him at first but I wouldn't be mad if we got Grevious Vasquez out of this draft. He has alot of fire and moxy something this team really needs. He may surprise alot of people and become a pretty solid player especially if he can consistently hit the three

If the Grizzlies are more serious about winning than making money, they should consider trading with EAST teams only. The West is too tough to make any of them better.

How long before another griz rumor comes out of Chad fords Twitter, only to be followed by the griz instructing Ron Ron to deny it? I hope it happens a bunch throughout the day for some good messageboard fodder.

I agree. I think the Griz will make a trade for the 6th and Monta Ellis. Maybe they grab Udoh or Monroe at 6. The rest is a mystery, but I could see them grabbing 16 as well and snagging another guy they like.

Who is the player (or players) that are expected to go high but will drop?

I'm going with Hayward and Ed Davis.

If the Grizzlies are more serious about winning than making money, they should consider trading with EAST teams only. The West is too tough to make any of them better.

Unfortunately, the East is devoid of talent.

Outside of Lou Williams and maybe Marvin Williams (if used properly), I can't think of any player on an Eastern conference team that is attainable that would make the Grizz THAT much better.

Man, I wish I knew, i'm interested who will pick Cousins, and if he will be motivated to get in shape or eat his way out of the league. He threw a FU on his college coach, and before the NBA draft weighs 290 lbs. He will either be a great player or a huge bust!

As for us, wow, I have no idea who will be good, great, or a bust. I like Paul George's size at the 2 or 3, but at 18% turnover he has a long way to go. Patterson might be the safest pick, but we've been there before, Roberts, A. Johnson, and D.A., is he not the same guy? I would love to see Babbit, and Heyward be good players, I have my doubts...............and I would love to see the next great white player....lol.

My hopes are we find a really good player from draft, trade, or whatever.

G Vasquez has really grown on me the last few weeks. Im really hoping we pick him up

Still unsure about who we should pick at 12

Cant wait to hear the NY crowd boo the knicks pick...that honestly is one of my fav parts..although i feel terrible for the kid

honestly im more excited for draft day than i was most of the playoffs

ESPN had a Sports Science piece on John Wall last night looking at his court vision and explosiveness - was very impressive, for what it was.

I think he will be a very good NBA player, size and speed kills.

Latest is he's a lock to go to the Kings at 5.

No doubt he will be picked high, but I hope for that teams sake, he makes the pick worthwile( except when we play them).

G Vasquez has really grown on me the last few weeks. Im really hoping we pick him up

Still unsure about who we should pick at 12

Cant wait to hear the NY crowd boo the knicks pick...that honestly is one of my fav parts..although i feel terrible for the kid

honestly im more excited for draft day than i was most of the playoffs

didn't the Knicks trade all their picks trying to free up cap space

We gotta be agressive and I agree with Turner being something special. He adds size and ball handling/delivery to the 2 spot...so here goes. Mayo for Turner + Carney for bench help. DO IT HEISLEY!

I'm EXTREMELY excited about tonight. The period between the NBA Finals and the first regular season college football / NFL games is the worst, for me anyway. So Draft Day creates a nice diversion.

As far as picks and trades go, I am completely clueless as to what the Griz will do. The main thing I want them to do is resign Rudy and Ronnie, but that's July 1 and after. I am torn between George, Henry and Patterson at #12. If we can draft Elliot, I would love that. He's not just local, he's gonna be a good one.

Who is the player (or players) that are expected to go high but will drop?

I'm going with Hayward and Ed Davis.

If Hayward's there at 12, I'd bet large amounts of money that I don't have that we take him...though I like Babbitt more>more athletic and reminds me of Budinger...athletic guy (white...I know, I know but we all do it) who can shoot.

If he leaves it would be to Miami...but they have to sign Stoudamire. I could see them wanting Gay too....but I'm not sure how much they could spend on him. Whatever the money, shouldn't be TOO extreme and we should be able to match if we choose to.

Wow...I need to amend this.

I forgot about them (Miami) sending out Cook the other day.

They now have the cap room to keep Wade, sign Amare and another big time player. I could definitely see them making a play for Gay.

Wade/Gay/Stoudamire? Ugh...that's scary!

Get ready for the Gay for Beasley/picks sign and trade..lol