Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SixthMan

Grizzlies vs Hawks

NBA Summer League

Grizzlies

0-0

game_thread-vs.png
Hawks

0-0

Time: Monday, July 12, 9:30 pm CDT
Place: Thomas & Mack Center, Las Vegas, NV
TV: NBA LPBB (7/13, 9:00 am CDT replay on NBA TV)
Audio: No Radio Coverage

Benches

Grizzlies
  • Jeff Adrien Deji Akindele Justin Dentmon Hamed Haddadi Xavier Henry Chris McCray Dinma Odiakosa Patrick Sullivan Greivis Vasquez
Hawks
  • James AugustineJermareo Davidson Sergii Gladyr Richard Hendrix Luke Jackson Landon Milbourne Pape Sy

Game Information

Previews: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Stat Comparisons: ESPN | FOX | NBA

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Referee Assignments: NBA

Live Game Info: CBS | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Play-By-Plays: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Box Scores: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Shot Charts: CBS | ESPN | NBA

Game Flows: CBS | ESPN | Popcorn Machine

Recaps: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Photos: CBS | ESPN | NBA | Yahoo

Video: NBA

Scoreboard: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

Standings: CBS | ESPN | FOX | NBA | Yahoo

I'm expecting it to be:

Mayo

Young

Carroll

Arthur

Thabeet

I thought you could only play two years in summer league, or is that just the traditionn not the rule. Anyway I would not expect Arthur to be there, but picks plus Haddadi and Hudson maybe?

I thought you could only play two years in summer league, or is that just the traditionn not the rule. Anyway I would not expect Arthur to be there, but picks plus Haddadi and Hudson maybe?

I think we say it that way because of the way the rule is worded. You'd probably run into the problem of having too many vets participating. Arthur could participate based on part 3, which he should IMO. Also with Thabeet and Hudson going to the D-League (part 4), that opens things up for guys like Haddadi to participate. So in essence we could have three vets participate without them counting against us. This is what also allows OJ to be in.

The ones I see counting against the allowed number would be OJ, Young, Carroll, and Haddadi (if he participates which he should as well).

ARTICLE XXIII - EXHIBITION GAMES AND OFF-SEASON GAMES AND EVENTS

Section 4. Summer Leagues.

(a) No NBA Team may simultaneously enroll more than four (4) Veterans in any summer basketball league during an off-season. For purposes of this Section 4(a), the following players are not considered Veterans:

(1) a player who has never signed a Player Contract or whose first Player Contract begins with the Season immediately following the off-season in which such summer league is to be conducted;

(2) a player not under contract to an NBA Team at the time he enrolls in such summer league;

(3) a player under contract to an NBA Team but who missed twenty-five (25) or more of the Team’s games during the Regular Season immediately preceding such off-season due to injury or illness; and

(4) a player who played for a team in the NBA Development League or any other U.S.-based professional league during all, or any portion, of the Regular Season immediately preceding such off-season.

I think we say it that way because of the way the rule is worded. You'd probably run into the problem of having too many vets participating. Arthur could participate based on the part 3, which he should IMO. Also with Thabeet and Hudson going to the D-League (part 4), that opens things up for guys like Haddadi to participate. So in essence we could have three vets participate without them counting against us. This is what also allows OJ to be in.

The ones I see counting against the allowed number would be OJ, Young, Carroll, and Haddadi (if he participates which he should as well).

Thanks for the clarification.

This is a "Must Win" Game!

Preach it brotha! :lol:

I actually really love summer league play. Its all fun with no pressure.

I expect the starting lineup to be Mayo - Henry - Young - Arthur - Thabeet, with the second string being Vasquez - Hudson - filler - Carroll - Hadaddi. The filler player may be Trey Gilder again. Expect the regular season lineup to look like:

Conley/Vasquez/Mayo

Mayo/Henry/Young/Hudson

Gay/Brewer/Young

Randolph/Arthur/Carroll

Gasol/Hadaddi/Thabeet

The off season was suppose to be filled with extra NBA skill learning by OJ, Rudy, Coney, Marc and Thabeet. I hope so.

OJ speed dripping- getting better, mindful of the clock- Hope so.

Rudy strength- better, but can he take a lick and still score

Conley more strength brings more confidence- let's see him dive on the floor now

Marc conditioning- if he does more, he will be Pau's build. hope not that thin

Thabeet- jumping w/out swing arms- very doubtful.

Let's see

Don't forget Hadaddi working with the Iranian national team. The Grizzlies could be the only NBA team with four players participating in the World Championships - Hamed (Iran), Marc (Spain), O. J. and Rudy (USA). Rudy and O. J. are the two who have to make the national team for this to happen.

OJ should be startin this one

Last season it was AI should start, now with Summer League it is OJ should start...will it ever end?