Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well_Pete

NBA Finals

What does winning championships have to with being as good as Jordan? Robert Horry has 7 championship rings, that's one more than Jordon.

Jordan was the best player for all six championships his team won, which is why he has 6 championship MVPs. Kobe was the best player for one of the four championships his team has won, which is why he only has 1 championship MVP. That's two less than Tim Duncan.

How many MVPs does Kobe have? 1. How many does MJ have? 5

How many times has Kobe lead the NBA scoring? Twice. How many times has MJ? 10 times.

Do you want more? Because there's a lot more.

Plus Jordon played at a time hand when checking was legal.

yup Jordan OWNS Kobe........The End

i hope for an entertaining series, both teams have won their fair share of titles; so screw 'em both. however, i will be pulling for boston.

Boring? It's the most storied rivalry in professional basketball. Going back to the battles of Bird/McHale/Parish and Magic/Kareem/Worthy. You've got Kobe Bryant chasing Michael Jordan's 6 titles as he's played in 3 consecutive finals. You've got the big three plus Rondo now who has one a championship.

The last two NBA champions going at it in a rematch of 2008? I couldn't think of a 7 game series I would rather see.

Yeah, and its seriously getting old. Im betting on Boston to win the Title and if that happens, one of these two teams will have won the Finals 3/3 seasons. It gets boring seeing the same teams win year after year after year. We havnt had a "wild card" Finals since the Mavs/Heat matchup back in '06 and IMO, that was one of the most interesting Finals of the decade.

but it could be done in as little as a week if Bynum goes down.

You know why it's boring? Because LA Lakers have been on national TV like 65 times already this year. Most fans have seen them more than their home team. But luckily I have only watched 2 of their games, maybe 3 so I am kind of looking forward to seeing them in action.

It's rubbish that grizzlies have like 1 national tv and a couple NBA TV games in a year and the Lakers are on every single week. But that's what McDonalds, Gatorade, INBEV, and NIKE pay for $$$ ^_^

ESPN gets so cheesy with those celtics-lakers promos. It always shows the same type of promo where Magic Johnson starts laughing and Larry Bird shakes his head and says Magic is the greatest of all time. I want to see a phoenix Magic final or a Grizzlies Cavs final. These teams are so old and boring I dont see how they made it.

Plus Jordon played at a time hand when checking was legal.

And zone defenses were ilegal ;).

Alright, folks. Who are ya picking?

It's tough for me. The Celtics have run into a few injuries lately, but their defense is outstanding and if they can push Pau around like they did two years ago then the Celtics are going to win.

I want to say the Celtics are going to win it in 6 or 7 games, but Kobe Bryant is on a mission right now. I don't think he's going to allow ring #5 to get away from him. I also can't see him losing to Boston in the finals on two separate occassions.

I think this is going to be the greatest finals matchup in recent memory. Should be fun to watch.

So if I had to put money on it, I'd say Lakers in 7. But my heart says Boston.

The final outcome of these series will have a lot to do with how it's officiated: if the referees allow too much contact in the zone, the Celtics are favourites but if they don't, the Lakers would take it before the 7th. And my heart goes with the more entertaining game of the Lakers and Pau.

Alright, folks. Who are ya picking?

It's tough for me. The Celtics have run into a few injuries lately, but their defense is outstanding and if they can push Pau around like they did two years ago then the Celtics are going to win.

I want to say the Celtics are going to win it in 6 or 7 games, but Kobe Bryant is on a mission right now. I don't think he's going to allow ring #5 to get away from him. I also can't see him losing to Boston in the finals on two separate occassions.

I think this is going to be the greatest finals matchup in recent memory. Should be fun to watch.

So if I had to put money on it, I'd say Lakers in 7. But my heart says Boston.

Ditto. I've been analyzing this series to death, and I just can't decide on a winner. But the Lakers have home court, and, in my view, the 2-3-2 schedule is more of a home court advantage in closely contested series than the 2-2-1-1-1. So my head says Lakers in 7, while my heart says Celtics in 6.

but it could be done in as little as a week if Bynum goes down.

You know why it's boring? Because LA Lakers have been on national TV like 65 times already this year. Most fans have seen them more than their home team. But luckily I have only watched 2 of their games, maybe 3 so I am kind of looking forward to seeing them in action.

It's rubbish that grizzlies have like 1 national tv and a couple NBA TV games in a year and the Lakers are on every single week. But that's what McDonalds, Gatorade, INBEV, and NIKE pay for $$$ ^_^

you realize the Celtics and Cavs had just as many games on national TV, and the the Magic only had one less, so expand your b and m'ing there sport.

The Cavs were on TV? I missed that. Who would waste time on that? Cleveland? rather watch grass grow.

Celtics will win in 6. Even after last night. Lakers will fade once they catch up to the Celtics. They'll get worn down. Bynum looked good in game 1. let's see how he does in game 3 here.

The Cavs were on TV? I missed that. Who would waste time on that? Cleveland? rather watch grass grow.

Celtics will win in 6. Even after last night. Lakers will fade once they catch up to the Celtics. They'll get worn down. Bynum looked good in game 1. let's see how he does in game 3 here.

HAHA, you keep believing that. Pau shut down mr. I ***** intensity KG. Ray Allen looking super old. PP DOUBLE P TRIPLE P I FAKE INJURIES THE TRUTH may need to be wheeled off again or something to get Boston pumped up.

The Mamba is not playing. Lakers might sweep.

Great series so far. So many different heroes. I hope it goes 7.

True. I'd be surprised if the series don't go 7.

I think so far it's being pretty ugly. In my humble opinion, the overall level has gone down significantly these last two years. These two teams wouldn't have made it to conference finals 4 years ago (well, maybe Boston in the East). Their biggest stars are not playing their best basketball and the lack of depth in both rosters is alarming. But we can't make objective comparisons between different times so it's just my subjective perception, of course.

I think so far it's being pretty ugly. In my humble opinion, the overall level has gone down significantly these last two years. These two teams wouldn't have made it to conference finals 4 years ago (well, maybe Boston in the East). Their biggest stars are not playing their best basketball and the lack of depth in both rosters is alarming. But we can't make objective comparisons between different times so it's just my subjective perception, of course.

Ugly is how the Celtics have played throughout the playoffs. 2008 was a little prettier but only against the Lakers. Not so much against ATL, CLE, and DET.

Kobe and Pau are playing are at a high level in this series. Much better than 2 years ago. Plus, Ray Allen broke the record for most 3s in a game. And Rondo had a triple double.

The Celtics depth, especially big baby and Nate, won them game 4

Tonight shows a philosophy that I have always advocated. Teams always beat stars. If the overall talent level is equivalent, the team that has that spread around the entire group will beat the team with a superstar and a bunch of role players. That's what happened tonight. Pierce, Rondo, Allen, Garnett & Perkins - none as big a star as Kobe, but their aggregate was more than Kobe and his also-rans. It wouldn't have been as close as it was if the Refs had not tried to give the game to Kobe by calling any touch against him as a shooting foul.

You know, much has been made of Big Baby playing so well off the bench, but with all due respect, Lamar Odom is giving Hakim Warrick a run for being the worst post defender I have ever seen.

It wouldn't have been as close as it was if the Refs had not tried to give the game to Kobe by calling any touch against him as a shooting foul.

And it would have been much closer if the other Lakers players got their calls when they get hit hard. It seems they must bleed to be considered fouled.

No wonder they go to Kobe so much, he gets superstar treatment while the rest of the team get garbage treatment from the refs.

I think it has become more competitive as all the top tier teams have consolidated so much talent. the bench of the Celtics, Magic, and Cavs could play right along with the Warriors, Wizards, Timberwolves, Nets any day of the week - and in many times would dominate if the coaching staff is kept same.

And it would have been much closer if the other Lakers players got their calls when they get hit hard. It seems they must bleed to be considered fouled.

No wonder they go to Kobe so much, he gets superstar treatment while the rest of the team get garbage treatment from the refs.

LOL. The Lakers have taken 22 more fts than the Celtics and have been called for 8 fewer pfs.

LOL. The Lakers have taken 22 more fts than the Celtics and have been called for 8 fewer pfs.

And you take Kobe out and that advantage banishes, which was my point.

And you take Kobe out and that advantage banishes, which was my point.

Okay, I guess, but the refs haven't been a significant factor in the finals. The better team has won every game. Admittedly, there were too many calls on both teams in the first few games, but neither team was particularly advantaged by those calls. The team that gets out to the early lead, rebounds more, and plays better defense has won every single game. This ain't the Lakers versus Kings series from several years back.

2nd ring for Pau and his team. 18'6 p.- 11'6 r.- 3'7 a. and 2'3 blocks in the Finals (not far from the MVP). Not bad for our "puzsy" former Grizzly player. And some said he was going to be 4th option there ... <_<