Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well_Pete

NBA Finals

Man, the NBA is honestly getting boring. Its the same teams every single year. And there wernt even any good fights this postseason. :( (minus the KG incident. :P)

I seriously misjudged the will of the Celtics. They have the Magic by the neck right now, and if they can slow down Howard the way they have, they can make Pau and Lamar Kardashian disappear completely!

boston is a TEAM

orlando no

howard is limited in his fundamentals of attack movements and team concept in the off

he is an allstar,but never a HOF like duncan or garnett...

other points is that the unidimensional teams are esay to win (like cleveland) with good ball movements

Suns just beat LA for the first time. Im hoping they can make a comeback and bring the Lakers back down to planet earth.

If Boston keeps playing with the intensity they have right now though, I dont think there is any team that can stop them. Whether it be the Lakers or the Suns.

this almost deservers new thread:

Pau Gasol best Center in NBA

OK Gasol is great but he's not a center - he's power forward Charlie. WTF is wrong with you?

This is not the same Pau Gasol who toiled for Memphis. His movements are quicker and more defined. He has expanded his offensive repertoire and increased both his defensive range and understanding.

Does everyone agree that Gasol is that much better in Lakers? I think he has elevated his game but not a lot. Especially since he is "second banana". He has less pressure to carry the team now. I don't think he's much better than he was in Memphis - he just looks better because he fits that role better than the role he had in Memphis. But it is great for him because now he will be a hall of famer and in Memphis he would never be considered. He'd just be a guy like Zach Randolph that puts up great numbers but no one really thought was a standout of his generation. Let's hope this picture of Memphis changes soon though as Memphis shows they are contenders with ZBO. Then you might not have ZBO in the hall of fame but he would be remembered as a great player.

I have hated Lakers since Magic Johnson played there. I am sick to death of them. But after reading this article a small part of me would like to see them rematch the Celtics next month. Then a true center (Kendrick Perkins) can show Charley and company what Gasol's limitations are. And we'll see if KG is going to that hall of fame level with multiple championships or not.

IMO, Pau will not be a HOF. I hope the Lakers lose. I do love and appreciate "brother" Marc of our Grizzlies. He didn't have to go to "lip stick city" L.A. to start playing with some heart.

the lakers owe us so much it aint even funny..if it wasnt for us the lakers would b a first round playoff team..if pau got in the HOF as a laker that would b a screwed up day in memphis..

Suns got it done. Now this should go 7 Games. And I am scared after the overtime loss to Orlando. Orlando will go home and they have to give everything to give their fans a freaking win. Then back to Boston for game 6 - which won't be easy after dropping 2 in a row? Could still have two 7 game series on our hands

too bad they don't do a third place match like the olympics. that would be a nice game if Orlando could get up for it. afraid they'd come in 4th place though in 6 games

All I gotta say is after that LA-Phoenix game 6, if LA wins the championship, I'm ready to put him ahead of Jordan. And yes, I'm old enough that I watched his career.

i want to see a suns/magic final

Well, some other time. I love the Sun's game but Lakers were too much for them.

All I gotta say is after that LA-Phoenix game 6, if LA wins the championship, I'm ready to put him ahead of Jordan. And yes, I'm old enough that I watched his career.

Michael Jordan>the world (dead or alive) I use to watch Jordan everything he did was amazing. He was so amazing video games in the 90s wouldnt allow him to be on it. Kobe is on pace to maybe be in his league but noone is gonna be ahead of jordan anytime soon. You may need to watch som classic film to just see it because its been a while since he retired but Jordan wasnt human.

on the Jordan/Kobe thing, they showed a cool stat the other night, about the number of playoff games with >30pts. Jordan had over 100 and Kobe had just gotten 75 I think. That put him in 3rd or 4th. Its not unreasonable to think that with 3 or so more years of high level play left Kobe might catch him. And if he wins this year and gets #5, then #6 comes into view, the argument gets stronger.

Is it just me, or is the postseason getting more boring by the year. ANOTHER Boston/LA Finals?

And a boring one yet again. Rondo's going to have a field day. And Kobe too.

Not sure why this is boring, I guess you guys wanted Suns Vs. Magic? Its boring b/c you know these are the best teams, which is what you are gonna get most of the time with 7 game series'. With 7 games you arent gonna see a ton of upsets like the Warriors over the Mavs. This isnt college basketball, here the best team actually wins most of the time.

Is it just me, or is the postseason getting more boring by the year. ANOTHER Boston/LA Finals?

Boring? It's the most storied rivalry in professional basketball. Going back to the battles of Bird/McHale/Parish and Magic/Kareem/Worthy. You've got Kobe Bryant chasing Michael Jordan's 6 titles as he's played in 3 consecutive finals. You've got the big three plus Rondo now who has one a championship.

The last two NBA champions going at it in a rematch of 2008? I couldn't think of a 7 game series I would rather see.

on the Jordan/Kobe thing, they showed a cool stat the other night, about the number of playoff games with >30pts. Jordan had over 100 and Kobe had just gotten 75 I think. That put him in 3rd or 4th. Its not unreasonable to think that with 3 or so more years of high level play left Kobe might catch him. And if he wins this year and gets #5, then #6 comes into view, the argument gets stronger.

What does winning championships have to with being as good as Jordan? Robert Horry has 7 championship rings, that's one more than Jordon.

Jordan was the best player for all six championships his team won, which is why he has 6 championship MVPs. Kobe was the best player for one of the four championships his team has won, which is why he only has 1 championship MVP. That's two less than Tim Duncan.

How many MVPs does Kobe have? 1. How many does MJ have? 5

How many times has Kobe lead the NBA scoring? Twice. How many times has MJ? 10 times.

Do you want more? Because there's a lot more.

Plus Jordon played at a time hand when checking was legal.

It's not boring when the #4 seed makes it to finals. NHL is more exciting this year perhaps because you got a #7 seed that did the impossible coming back down 3-0 to Boston and makes to Stanley Cup Finals. But now they're getting drilled by the favorites - a #2 seed Chicago.

You get the feeling there is more hope for the underdog in that sport than NBA this year. However the Celtics had to take down a #1 and #2 seed and now face another #1 seed on their way to the Larry O'Brien trophy. but it's easy for me to say since I follow the Celtics pretty closely. If I was watching NFL and it was Cowboys versus the Colts in the superbowl I'd probably not watch. (BORING)

Guest teamball

It's going to be boring because 7 games would take 2 weeks to play. That's ridiculous. I know it's just Stern wanting to shorten the time between the playoffs and draft to keep the hype up, but it's so hard to care when game 2 is 3 days after game 1.

7 games in 10 nights would be very fair.