Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zack

Tracking Homecourt!!!!

Utah is DONE.

Bulls stomping Kings by 30. (Rose 22pts / Evans 7pts)

Can we get greedy and get a Suns loss?

Wow, I haven't nerded out on the Grizz this hard in a while. I've had a lot of fun smacktalking to Nuggets fans here in Denver today.

Rose also has 7 assists to Evans' 1.

Cavs have an uphill battle against the Suns. They are on the second night of a back to back after a tough lost to the Mavs last night. Can't saying it can't happen, but I wouldn't put money on it.

We need to make sure we take care of business tomorrow against the Warriors.

Losses by the Clips and Sac tonight would move us into a tie for 11th instead of 13th, and with a win we can can move past the Hornets for 10th. The clippers have houston tomorrow, and OKC has the Lakers. Win by us and loss by the lakers puts us a 1/2 game behind OKC for 9th. Then we have a big gap to make up to see that 8th seed. At least front of the chase pack is reachable this week.

We need to make sure we take care of business tomorrow against the Warriors.

Losses by the Clips and Sac tonight would move us into a tie for 11th instead of 13th, and with a win we can can move past the Hornets for 10th. The clippers have houston tomorrow, and OKC has the Lakers. Win by us and loss by the lakers puts us a 1/2 game behind OKC for 9th. Then we have a big gap to make up to see that 8th seed. At least front of the chase pack is reachable this week.

that's promising. also the Bulls are suddenly only 13 up instead of 30.

Yeah

Rose showing Reke who the real OG is...

Spoken a little too soon I would say. LOL.

Sac-town came back from 35 points down, Tyreke just flat out TOOK OVER the game at the end, Derek Rose choked just like he choked in the NCAA Championship game. He had a shot right at the rim to give them the lead back and left it short. LOL.

What Tyreke did was beyond amazing. Dude just took over. I mean, Udoka made a couple of big shots but after that it was all Tyreke and they couldn't do anything to stop him. That's exactly why I would have traded him for OJ all day any day. You need to get in the paint late in the games.

Tyreke did something I have only seen two other modern players (Wade and LeBron) do, he got all the way to the rim against a defense set to stop him from getting to the rim. Big tome.

That's exactly why I would have traded him for OJ all day any day.

I'm confused at the premise of this because we could have had him outright.

Lol...no you have to trade that scrub OJ because fir some reason he doesn't fit with any guard or Rudy Gay.

Spoken a little too soon I would say. LOL.

Sac-town came back from 35 points down, Tyreke just flat out TOOK OVER the game at the end, Derek Rose choked just like he choked in the NCAA Championship game. He had a shot right at the rim to give them the lead back and left it short. LOL.

What Tyreke did was beyond amazing. Dude just took over. I mean, Udoka made a couple of big shots but after that it was all Tyreke and they couldn't do anything to stop him. That's exactly why I would have traded him for OJ all day any day. You need to get in the paint late in the games.

Holy schnikies! I thought I was safe up 30 but wooow. :blink:

You guys mean to tell me that after I saw the score at 83-54 that the freaking Sacramento Kings came back and beat the Bulls? :blink:

He is saying that in regard to their players. They don't have near the talent as other big name teams do or lesser teams like us.

That's what I'm disputing. They have talent, they just have been underrated by nearly everybody.

Because I mentioned in another thread that we could have obtained both Thabeet and Tyreke on draft day. I think Sac would have taken OJ for that 4th pick. Also, I don't think Tyreke and OJ would have worked in the backcourt and if I had to choose one to be on this team, it would be Tyreke because I prefer a slasher to a jump shooter.

IMO, he's a bigger better defender and a relentless slasher that cannot be stopped when he goes to the hole. I think getting points in the paint at the end of close games is a much more reliable way of getting points and fouls on the other teams(free throws=easy points) than jump shooting. So yes, I would prefer to have Tyreke on the team over OJ and if we would have had obtained Thabeet as well, I would have been extremely happy. the only way you can do that is to use your pick and then trade to obtain another pick. I would have used OJ as trade bait. I originally wanted to trade that pick regardless of who we picked but Tyreke has done more in his short time in the NBA to relieve any concerns I had about his game than OJ has. So in retrospect, I think it would have been a coup if we had gotten Tyreke and Thabeet.

Just one man's opinion, you don't have to agree.

Because I mentioned in another thread that we could have obtained both Thabeet and Tyreke on draft day. I think Sac would have taken OJ for that 4th pick. Also, I don't think Tyreke and OJ would have worked in the backcourt and if I had to choose one to be on this team, it would be Tyreke because I prefer a slasher to a jump shooter.

Well, it depends. Our bad three point shooting situation would be even worse. Defenses would collapse on the paint even more.

You need both shooters and slashers to be a good team.

Well, it depends. Our bad three point shooting situation would be even worse. Defenses would collapse on the paint even more.

I don't quite agree with that. Yes, our 3 point shooting would be worse but would it matter? OJ is avearging 1.4 makes from 3pt, Tyreke is averaging .5, so that's a difference of .9 3 pts made per game or 2.7 points. I think that difference would easily be made up by Tyreke's ability to get in the paint and draw fouls. Tyreke is averaging 4.8 FTM a game compared to OJ's 2.5 FTM per game so 2.3 points are alreasy made up.

I don't know how many of Tyreke's games you have watched, but I've seen the better part of 7 or 8 of his games outside of the Grizz games and defenses are collapsing in the paint and they ARE focused on stopping him and he is going through them like a hot knife through butter. He's still learning but for the most part he is getting the better of teams.

You need both shooters and slashers to be a good team.

I agree, but I also think Tyreke has elite slashing skills that I have not seen in awhile. If people saw that game last night or the game before that or the WAS game, Tyreke has just been unstoppable. DEFENSES ARE TRYING TO STOP HIM AND THEY CAN'T. I think right now, Tyreke is a top 5 slasher in the NBA, I don't think OJ Mayo is a top 5 jump shooter, nor a top 5 3 pt shooter in the NBA. You can always sign a Von Wafer or trade for JJ Reddick or Mike Miller or pick up Wally Sczerbiak to increase your three point shooting, but you can't find a slasher on Tyreke's level that easily. Guys like that can help you win more games than jumpshooters imo, just by the pure nature of getting into the paint, creating wide open shots, creating fouls on the other teams and getting free throws. All of that is more valuable than just jumpshooting imo and you can go out and pick up additional jumpshooters to offset any lack of three point shooting.

I mean, we don't have any true slashers on this team and we lack 3 pt shooting now so I don't think switching Tyreke for OJ would hurt us any, I think it would actually make us better.

An elite level slasher would make 3pt shooting that much easier. Teams who collapse in the lane open up the outside for a drive a kick. An elite slasher who can penetrate even a collapsed defense make it even harder to defend.

This is my first day with 3g coverage since getting to Missouri. Been in a media blackout essentially.

I'll update the first post when I get back to Houston.

An elite level slasher would make 3pt shooting that much easier. Teams who collapse in the lane open up the outside for a drive a kick. An elite slasher who can penetrate even a collapsed defense make it even harder to defend.

Exactly and we don't have one. If we did, I think we would be a better team. Not to mention that Tyreke is bigger and better on defense than OJ.

IMO, he's a bigger better defender and a relentless slasher that cannot be stopped when he goes to the hole. I think getting points in the paint at the end of close games is a much more reliable way of getting points and fouls on the other teams(free throws=easy points) than jump shooting. So yes, I would prefer to have Tyreke on the team over OJ and if we would have had obtained Thabeet as well, I would have been extremely happy. the only way you can do that is to use your pick and then trade to obtain another pick. I would have used OJ as trade bait. I originally wanted to trade that pick regardless of who we picked but Tyreke has done more in his short time in the NBA to relieve any concerns I had about his game than OJ has. So in retrospect, I think it would have been a coup if we had gotten Tyreke and Thabeet.

Just one man's opinion, you don't have to agree.

+1 I thought they would have taken Conley plus the 27th. Rember they had Kevin Martin to play the two.

Meh. Me personally I'd rather have OJ/Tyreke than Tyreke/Thabeet.

I thought we could have had OJ/Tyreke/Thabeet

Boston healthy would have beaten the crap out of the pansy frontcourt of the lakers. They wont win it again as long as boston is around and healthy.

Last year Lakers swept the Celtics in Regular season with Celtics healthy and with a win in Boston without Bynum.

Nice try.

+1 I thought they would have taken Conley plus the 27th. Rember they had Kevin Martin to play the two.

You could put Martin at the 3 but many people on this board claim OJ is a PG anyway so they would have had a G combo of Mayo(6'4") and Martin(6'7") so they would have a big backcourt and throw eitehr Caspi or Garcia(when he returns from injury) in at SF. Having OJ and Martin launch it from the three would bring back old memories of the fun and gun Kings of the turn of the century.

Fans would have loved the 3 point jacking up, non-defense playing Kings. It would have reminded them of the good times.