Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Dallas Mavericks @ Memphis Grizzlies - 3/11/23

On 3/10/2023 at 2:30 AM, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

I'm going to be in Memphis with my son on this day.  Was thinking of taking him to his first Grizzlies game.  When I looked at tickets a month or so ago, they were pretty steep, compared to other games - Saturday night, Luka vs. Ja.  Glad I didn't get any tickets yet.  I'd still like to go, but they will be available for much cheaper now, if Luka is out.  

Hope you and your son have a BLAST 💥!!!

The barbecue nachos are delicious! 
Half pulled pork and half pulled chicken -> you’re welcome!

Reasonable tickets aren’t too hard to find , and this season they added a standing section with a GREAT view!

Wifi is responsive too… I was able to post right here during breaks in the action.

Does Jenkins put Dillon on Kyrie?  I mean I would think that Kyrie would be too small and quick for Dillon.  

From the projected starting lineups for DAL at the NBA app, it appears that the Mavs are going small.  
Kyrie, Tim Hardaway Jr, Dwight Powell, Bullock, Josh Green.   But you can bet DAL wants to jack 3s and more 3s and then some more 3s, and we know that MEM will most likely employ our patented “gee, I hope you miss that wide open 3 we are giving you” defense. 

this just means we are going to have to have our own firepower.  We need 3rd quarter of the Clips game offense, not our usual 36% from the field and 30% from 3 offense that we have been known to run.  Just hoping for a Bane Train kinda night with help from Triple J and Tyus and….. errrbody.  We spread it around vs GSW. That was impressive.  Even Shaq remarked on the post game that the way the Grizz moved the ball around was impressive and looked good. I’ll have 2 scoops of that tonight. 

2 hours ago, southbluffsgrizzfan said:

Does Jenkins put Dillon on Kyrie?  I mean I would think that Kyrie would be too small and quick for Dillon.  

I would hope not. Dillon can pick him up on switches but he’s not as good as he thinks he is guarding quicker guards. You can only do so much with Kyrie anyways. I’d concentrate on not letting the others get hot especially from three.

5 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Hope you and your son have a BLAST 💥!!!

The barbecue nachos are delicious! 
Half pulled pork and half pulled chicken -> you’re welcome!

Reasonable tickets aren’t too hard to find , and this season they added a standing section with a GREAT view!

Wifi is responsive too… I was able to post right here during breaks in the action.

I’ve had the nachos, but haven’t done the half and half. I will give it a try. We got a good deal on tickets and will be headed up there soon. 

10 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

I’ve had the nachos, but haven’t done the half and half. I will give it a try. We got a good deal on tickets and will be headed up there soon. 

Have fun, Thabeet. Everything is cashless at the Forum now. And not cheap. But the nachos are good. 

1 minute ago, The J Crew said:

Have fun, Thabeet. Everything is cashless at the Forum now. And not cheap. But the nachos are good. 

Thanks. Went to one game last season, and one already this season, just my 7-year old’s first ever game. 

1 minute ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

Thanks. Went to one game last season, and one already this season, just my 7-year old’s first ever game. 

I see. Should be a good one. Need a win. 

18 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

I can hear the board celebrate\ing.

How about rather than playing bad options we just shrink it to a 9 man rotation and use Dillon as a small ball 4?

1 minute ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

How about rather than playing bad options we just shrink it to a 9 man rotation and use Dillon as a small ball 4?

With Dillon and Junior in at the same time there is some muscle and bulk there that can make it hard for the opposing team.

33 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

I can hear the board celebrate\ing.

I hope Junior gets some playing time.

The check for me being a human, reposted this.

8 minutes ago, Joey Crawford said:

I hope Junior gets some playing time.

The check for me being a human, reposted this.

Really no reason why Junior couldn't play some minutes with Jaren. Just have to get the rotations right. 

25 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

I mean why is that so difficult to do?   Just because competition is forced to play worse players due to injury doesnt mean we have to help them out by playing ours too??   

14 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I mean why is that so difficult to do?   Just because competition is forced to play worse players due to injury doesnt mean we have to help them out by playing ours too??   

Usually you wait until the game starts to start whining about the coach. 

1 minute ago, Joey Crawford said:

😁😁😁

Joey!!! I'm going to have to squeeze in a quick dinner between the Tigers and Grizz games. 

6 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Joey!!! I'm going to have to squeeze in a quick dinner between the Tigers and Grizz games. 

That's going to take some skill and agility.   I know you will do well.   😁

I am committing to Jalapeno with cream cheese stuffed poppers with ice tea.

Just now, Joey Crawford said:

That's going to take some skill and agility.   I know you will do well.   😁

Tigers up by 35, so probably safe to go now.