Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Danny Green on Target to Return Feb. 1

“What I bring is definitely needed here: perimeter shooting and perimeter defense,” Green said. “I think I can bring maturity and help a young team understand what it takes to win. This has been an A-1 organization from top to bottom in handling this entire rehab with me.”

I have no dispute with Danny says here and hopefully he can do it.  

45 minutes ago, f-dizzle said:

Dude, we definitely need him. If shows he can shoot, give him all of Konchar’s minutes. 

This is all we need from him.  Just a dude that can get on a heater from 3 and provide spacing needed for Ja to go to work.  

Imagine a lineup with Ja, Bane, Jaren and Green.     Nobody is helping off Bane or Danny in PO's without paying the price.  

We also need him to be able to play good defense too.  For that he has to have regained most of his mobility.  If he is just a slow guy who can make an open 3 now that isn't going to help us.  We need shooting AND defense in one player.

1 hour ago, kevofrommempho said:

We also need him to be able to play good defense too.  For that he has to have regained most of his mobility.  If he is just a slow guy who can make an open 3 now that isn't going to help us.  We need shooting AND defense in one player.

This is what ive been saying coming off an acl at his age it hasn’t even been a year since he tore it and we really expect he’s gonna be 100% and be able to chase wings in the playoffs. I can see the Warriors hunting Danny Green in pick n rolls now.

I’m not discrediting his ability to shoot but I think they need more than just a spot up shooter 

Unprecedented is probably an overused term, but for Danny Green to return after 8 and 1/2 months from and ACL/LCL is truly unprecendented. I still don't really believe it. 

And I so hope Green proves doubters like me wrong. We desperately need a reliable perimeter shooter on the 2nd unit for the playoffs. 

3 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Unprecedented is probably an overused term, but for Danny Green to return after 8 and 1/2 months from and ACL/LCL is truly unprecendented. I still don't really believe it. 

And I so hope Green proves doubters like me wrong. We desperately need a reliable perimeter shooter on the 2nd unit for the playoffs. 

I wouldn't say doubters, I think skepticism is justified. I truly hope he proves us wrong and comes out shooting with both barrels. I wouldn't hold it against him if he doesn't.