Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ New York Knicks - 11/27/22

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Wednesday, November 27, 6:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies vs New York Knicks

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: 

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Possible Starting 5

Ja Morant John Konchar Dillon Brooks Jaren Jackson Jr Steven Adams
Ja Morant image.jpeg Image result for Dillon Brooks headshot image.jpeg Steven Adams

Knicks Possible Starting 5

Jalen Brunson Quentin Grimes R J Barrett Julius Randle Mitchell Robinson
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Santi Aldama, Desmond Bane (INJ), Kennedy Chandler, Brandon Clarke, Danny Green (INJ),  Tyus Jones, Jake LaRavia, Kenneth Lofton Jr (2way), David Roddy, Killian Tillie, Xavier Tillman, Vince Williams (2way), Ziaire Williams

New York Knicks: Ryan Arcidiancono, , Jalen harris, Isaiah Hartenstein, Feron Hunt, DaQuan Jeffries, Trevor Keels, Miles McBride, Svi Mykhailiuk, Immanuel Quickley, Cam Reddish, Derrick Rose, Jericho Sims, Obi Toppin

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Knicks: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Grizzlies 117 Knicks 113

1 hour ago, Joey Crawford said:

chip, you may want to take a look at the date in the opening post.

week end Chips off on the Week ends 

4 hours ago, lions said:

week end Chips off on the Week ends 

Well, when chip gets back, I hope he talks to the forums tech people and deletes all of the archived game threads.    Nobody is reading those any more and they just take up space on the server.       But mainly, deleting those would free up space to include pictures by the board participants.

18 hours ago, KGF said:

The Knicks are the 2nd worst 3 point shooting team in the NBA.

That bodes well for us. We're not a great team at defending the 3. With Jaren back, I feel great about our interior defense. 

10 hours ago, Joey Crawford said:

Well, when chip gets back, I hope he talks to the forums tech people and deletes all of the archived game threads.    Nobody is reading those any more and they just take up space on the server.       But mainly, deleting those would free up space to include pictures by the board participants.

I seem to be able to upload images. I would like to learn more about the forum and images.

As a test, I dragged and dropped this image from my Windows desktop.

Dray06.jpg.f148a503c51e8f95c919cca59e124ac2.jpg

I didn't know you could that. I read about it here.

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/467502-bug-no-longer-can-drag-and-drop-images-files-have-to-use-the-upload-attachment/#comment-2893628

8 hours ago, tangogriz said:

I seem to be able to upload images. I would like to learn more about the forum and images.

Hi tangogriz, the issue is not being able to upload images (attachments), but that there is a limit imposed to how many a poster is allowed.

To find out how much image space, you have used up - click on the icon at the top of the screen to the right of the magnifying glass in the black bar at top of this page above the title of the thread.

That will give you some choices.   click on "my account".   Then click on "My Attachments.

See how much space you have left, now that you included a picture in a post.

After posting more pictures over time, you will quickly reach your allowable max.    To get back within your allowable limit, so you can post pictures again, you have to delete some pictures from prior posts by editing those posts and delete the pictures in them.

Most of the time those are going to be in prior posts that nobody is reading anymore - so no problem.       Except when the site program "archives" the thread that has your picture you want to delete - then there becomes a problem - because archived threads cannot be edited - to delete the pictures, by us posters.

Solution:

Since there is no reason really to archive former game threads more than four or five games threads old anyway - all those should be deleted - and posters' attachments allowable limit be restored to only active threads.

The site program should tie the allowable limit only to active threads - that posters themselves can edit their posts. 

All of those archived game threads are just using up server space.

Tech people - are you listening?

3 hours ago, Joey Crawford said:

Hi tangogriz, the issue is not being able to upload images (attachments), but that there is a limit imposed to how many a poster is allowed.

To find out how much image space, you have used up - click on the icon at the top of the screen to the right of the magnifying glass in the black bar at top of this page above the title of the thread.

That will give you some choices.   click on "my account".   Then click on "My Attachments.

See how much space you have left, now that you included a picture in a post.

After posting more pictures over time, you will quickly reach your allowable max.    To get back within your allowable limit, so you can post pictures again, you have to delete some pictures from prior posts by editing those posts and delete the pictures in them.

Most of the time those are going to be in prior posts that nobody is reading anymore - so no problem.       Except when the site program "archives" the thread that has your picture you want to delete - then there becomes a problem - because archived threads cannot be edited - to delete the pictures, by us posters.

Solution:

Since there is no reason really to archive former game threads, no more than four or five games threads old anyway - all those should be deleted - and posters' attachments allowable limit be restored to only active threads.

The site program should tie the allowable limit only to active threads - that posters themselves can edit their posts. 

All of those archived game threads are just using up server space.

I’m at 96% with only 4 attachments. 
Most of the time I just copy & paste or link images. Most images are too large to attach and must be linked anyway. 

7 hours ago, Joey Crawford said:

As far as we can tell, they are not

I always use links to pictures on the internet in order to sidestep this restriction

21 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

As far as we can tell, they are not

I always use links to pictures on the internet in order to sidestep this restriction

I create my own pictures, though, and download those into my posts.    

11 minutes ago, Joey Crawford said:

I create my own pictures, though, and download those into my posts.    

Use a picture sharing site like Imgur, that's what I do in those cases

L0ZnBB0.jpg

Looks like all the Knicks 'questionable' players are suiting up. Dillon will have to stop Brunson so we can win this one.

Just now, fanboyslim said:

According to the arena announcer, we’re starting “Taylor” Jackson Jr.

They will know his name by the time this game is over.