Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ New York Knicks - 11/27/22

20 minutes ago, oldmanGrizz said:

Don't foul Brunson

players like Curry, Luka, Brunson just make bad shots.   MEM played what I would think was really good defense and they force Brunson into taking a turn around, fall away 15 foot shot........and he makes them regularly.   I mean I dont know how you stop someone taking a shot that normally you would want a player to shoot.

SCurry, Luka ------you play good defense and force them out to 27-30 feet and A) they still take the bad shot and b) they just keep making them and they get rewarded with an extra 50% premium in points (3 vs 2). Basketball has just changed.  

Brunson just went off with 17 points in the 4th quarter.  He is a special player. 

9 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

Is JJJ learning to play without fouling? 

That's good news for this team. 

I also think it's what Toke said:

He is getting recognition from the refs after being named 1st team D

27 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

:lol:  Hope that wasn't serious, but it was funny.

Nah, just referring to dozens of novels I've read where the gen'lemen are at the club on their seventh brandy & soda when Scrotum (the wrinkled retainer) brings a tray with a disturbing note. 

26 minutes ago, TimBC said:

Nah, just referring to dozens of novels I've read where the gen'lemen are at the club on their seventh brandy & soda when Scrotum (the wrinkled retainer) brings a tray with a disturbing note. 

whisky, tango, foxtrot ?

1 hour ago, southbluffsgrizzfan said:

players like Curry, Luka, Brunson just make bad shots.   MEM played what I would think was really good defense and they force Brunson into taking a turn around, fall away 15 foot shot........and he makes them regularly.   I mean I dont know how you stop someone taking a shot that normally you would want a player to shoot.

SCurry, Luka ------you play good defense and force them out to 27-30 feet and A) they still take the bad shot and b) they just keep making them and they get rewarded with an extra 50% premium in points (3 vs 2). Basketball has just changed.  

Brunson just went off with 17 points in the 4th quarter.  He is a special player. 

Can’t do anything against those fall away jump shots. He used up all his luck for the game and missed those last two shots. 

55 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

I also think it's what Toke said:

He is getting recognition from the refs after being named 1st team D

49 minutes ago, My man Allen said:

Naw he made first team all defense so the refs swallow their whistle 

Either way, it works in our favor. 

On 11/26/2022 at 7:22 AM, lions said:

Grizzlies 117 Knicks 113

great Win on the Road Grizzlies win by 4 

4 hours ago, TimBC said:

5 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

Either way, it works in our favor. 

Yep...finally...

Even when not full strength, these are the games we need to rack up credits in the W column.

That's why I called the Kings game "a bad loss". Even with injuries and under manned, we should have won that game. We put ourselves in a position to win and then blew it.

This game was tight right until the last secs, but we would have rued a loss here, considering we up 10 to start the 4th

11 hours ago, My man Allen said:

Naw he made first team all defense so the refs swallow their whistle 

I believe he’s maturing in his defense. to date this season, he’s not had the mental lapses and has remained disciplined. 

slim. 

4 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Even when not full strength, these are the games we need to rack up credits in the W column.

That's why I called the Kings game "a bad loss". Even with injuries and under manned, we should have won that game. We put ourselves in a position to win and then blew it.

This game was tight right until the last secs, but we would have rued a loss here, considering we up 10 to start the 4th

The kings are a good team now. 

8 hours ago, My man Allen said:

The kings are a good team now. 

I agree with you, just saying it was winnable, we put ourselves in a position to win, and should have been good enough to bring it home from there

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

I agree with you, just saying it was winnable, we put ourselves in a position to win, and should have been good enough to bring it home from there

Not really. It was miraculous that we even had a chance at the end . Was down 9 with 2 minutes to play and 6 with 45 seconds