Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

New Orleans Pelicans @ Memphis Grizzlies -11/25/22

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Tuesday, November 25, 7:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies vs Washington Wizards

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: 

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Possible Starting 5

Tyus Jones John Konchar Dillon Brooks Jaren Jackson Jr Steven Adams
image.jpeg image.jpeg Dillon Brooks image.jpeg Steven Adams

Pelicans Possible Starting 5

C J McCollum Brandon Ingram Herbert Jones Zion Williamson Jonas Valanciunas
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Desmond Bane (INJ), Kennedy Chandler, Brandon Clarke, Danny Green, Jaren Jackson Jr, Tyus Jones, John Konchar, Jake LaRavia, Kenneth Lofton Jr (2way), David Roddy, Xavier Tillman, Vince Williams (2way), Ziaire Williams (INJ)

New Orleans Pelicans: Jose Alvarado, Dyson Daniels, Devonte' Graham, Jackson Hayes, Willy Hernangomez, Kira Lewis, E J LIddel (INJ), Najr Marshall, Tres Murphy, Larry Nance Jr, Dereon Seabron, Garrett Temple,

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Pelicans: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

I realize there is a picture missing but I am having problems overcoming the issue with the board's defense against over-using pictures. 

Revenge game.  With Bane/Ja out for a bit, Jaren (assuming he plays) needs to do his thing.  We also need to tighten up the defense since without Ja/Bane (and ZW) it will be VERY difficult to outscore teams.

Might be the first opportunity this season for a "Statement Win".

On 11/19/2022 at 2:34 PM, chipc3 said:

I realize there is a picture missing but I am having problems overcoming the issue with the board's defense against over-using pictures. 

chip, maybe go in and delete all the archived game threads.   I wanted to free up some picture space by deleting some of my attachment pictures in old game threads.    But those threads are archived and can't be edited to remove the attachment pictures in them.    The tech people need to work on the problem of not being able to delete old pictures to make room for new pictures.

1 hour ago, Joey Crawford said:

chip, maybe go in and delete all the archived game threads.   I wanted to free up some picture space by deleting some of my attachment pictures in old game threads.    But those threads are archived and can't be edited to remove the attachment pictures in them.    The tech people need to work on the problem of not being able to delete old pictures to make room for new pictures.

In their infinite wisdom, the admins removed our ability to delete posts.

On 11/19/2022 at 10:41 PM, ALT GRIND said:

Revenge game.  With Bane/Ja out for a bit, Jaren (assuming he plays) needs to do his thing.  We also need to tighten up the defense since without Ja/Bane (and ZW) it will be VERY difficult to outscore teams.

Might be the first opportunity this season for a "Statement Win".

Jaren, the block panther, has been playing well since his comeback.

1 hour ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

Well that’s no good. No Santi and maybe no Steve. We ready to give Junior some burn?

Gonna need Lofton.   Zion and JV vs Tillman and ???

Either that or turn the game into a track meet. 

6 minutes ago, oldmanGrizz said:

Will this team ever have a full, healthy roster this season?

You misspelled "decade".

P.S.  I am beginning to think... if we need ALL of our top 8 or 9 guys playing "replacement level quality minutes" every night it is going to be a FRUSTRATING season.  I was going to say a LONG season... but with the way the Wins are distributed this season... it could be a relatively SHORT season for us.  Maybe we even trade nicknames with our USFL team.  They get to be the GRIZZLIES and we get to be the SHOWBOATS.  Or, we can resurrect the defunct Tampa Bay team's nickname and we can be the Memphis BANDITS.  THAT would be cool!  I would SO buy a Ja Morant #BANDITS901 jersey.

8 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

You misspelled "decade".

P.S.  I am beginning to think... if we need ALL of our top 8 or 9 guys playing "replacement level quality minutes" every night it is going to be a FRUSTRATING season.  I was going to say a LONG season... but with the way the Wins are distributed this season... it could be a relatively SHORT season for us.  Maybe we even trade nicknames with our USFL team.  They get to be the GRIZZLIES and we get to be the SHOWBOATS.  Or, we can resurrect the defunct Tampa Bay team's nickname and we can be the Memphis BANDITS.  THAT would be cool!  I would SO buy a Ja Morant #BANDITS901 jersey.

Our Top 9 guys last season

1. Ja - missed 2nd most games
  2. Bane
  3. Jaren
  4. Dillon - missed majority of season
  5. Adams
  6. Tyus
  7. Melton
  8. Brandon
  9. Kyle

Our Top 9 guys this season

1. Ja 
  2. Bane - missed time
  3. Jaren - missed time
  4. Dillon
  5. Adams
  6. Tyus
  7. Brandon
  8. Ziaire - still out
  9. Konchar

Why is it so hard to understand that injuries to Top 8 guys will always be a factor.  We are just as deep this season as the last; the problem is the pecking order of the guys out.  Basically we have been missing at least 2 of our Top 8 all season whereas last season we mainly missed just one with our at least 2 CORE players always available.  

4 hours ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

Well that’s no good. No Santi and maybe no Steve. We ready to give Junior some burn?

Zion is 6'6" 284lb. Lofton is 6'7" 276lb. At least there's one player Zion won't be able to freely push around.

3 hours ago, TimBC said:

Gonna need Lofton.   Zion and JV vs Tillman and ???

Either that or turn the game into a track meet. 

We’ve got Jaren too. 
Jonas has been worthless against us because of Adams. If Steve is out, Jonas will likely be more productive. However, because Jonas was worthless last game, he got benched in favor of Nance Jr, who torched us. 

3 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Our Top 9 guys last season

1. Ja - missed 2nd most games
  2. Bane
  3. Jaren
  4. Dillon - missed majority of season
  5. Adams
  6. Tyus
  7. Melton
  8. Brandon
  9. Kyle

Our Top 9 guys this season

1. Ja 
  2. Bane - missed time
  3. Jaren - missed time
  4. Dillon
  5. Adams
  6. Tyus
  7. Brandon
  8. Ziaire - still out
  9. Konchar

Why is it so hard to understand that injuries to Top 8 guys will always be a factor.  We are just as deep this season as the last; the problem is the pecking order of the guys out.  Basically we have been missing at least 2 of our Top 8 all season whereas last season we mainly missed just one with our at least 2 CORE players always available.  

The quality of our depth was much better last season.

1 hour ago, planeguider said:

Zion is 6'6" 284lb. Lofton is 6'7" 276lb. At least there's one player Zion won't be able to freely push around.

Zion is much quicker and athletic.  I'm okay with giving him a shot at it though.  I'm not sure if we have anyone who can guard him well.  Somehow we have to get a defensive plan that forces him to shoot jump shots, and we have to keep a strong body on him to try to keep him off the glass.

2 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Who can he guard?

He can guard who is out there, but how well is the question. If Steve And Jitty are out, we may have to use him or Vince. The rotation could be something like this. 

Ja/Kennedy

Dillon/Tyus

LaRavia/Roddy

BC/Junior

Jaren/Tillman

4 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

He can guard who is out there, but how well is the question. If Steve And Jitty are out, we may have to use him or Vince. The rotation could be something like this. 

Ja/Kennedy

Dillon/Tyus

LaRavia/Roddy

BC/Junior

Jaren/Tillman

I see you did understand my question.

I honestly would like to see Kenny get some burn, especially with guys other than the rookies.  I just hope he can hang on the defensive end.  He does show some intriguing play on the offensive end.  Maybe tonight's the night.

I’m betting there is starting to be a bit of a sense of desperation/back against the wall type feeling that will translate into trying to throw a haymaker type strategy. It’s still early but can’t be having too many losing 5 out of 6 game stretches. I’m kind of expecting a type of effort that will overshadow certain matchups and personnel issues. Obviously the status of Adams/Jitty/Aldama will affect things but I expect them to be trying extremely hard to win this one. Let’s go young bears!

10 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

I’m betting there is starting to be a bit of a sense of desperation/back against the wall type feeling that will translate into trying to throw a haymaker type strategy. It’s still early but can’t be having too many losing 5 out of 6 game stretches. I’m kind of expecting a type of effort that will overshadow certain matchups and personnel issues. Obviously the status of Adams/Jitty/Aldama will affect things but I expect them to be trying extremely hard to win this one. Let’s go young bears!

Might need to have that players only meeting again.  Looks like both Jitty and Aqua Mane are starting tonight.