chipc3

Sacramento Kings @ Memphis Grizzlies - 11/22/22

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Tuesday, November 22, 7:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies @ Sacramento Kings

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: 

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Possible Starting 5

Tyus Jones John Konchar Dillon Brooks Jaren Jackson Jr Steven Adams
image.jpeg image.jpeg Image result for Dillon Brooks headshot image.jpeg Steven Adams

Kings Possible Starting 5

De'Aaron Fox Kevin Huerter Harrison Barnes Keegan Murray Domantas Sabonis
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Santi Aldama, Desmond Bane (INJ), Kennedy Chandler, Brandon Clarke, Danny Green, Jake LaRavia, Kenneth Lofton Jr (2way), Ja Morant (INJ), David Roddy, Xavier Tillman, Vince Williams (2way), Ziaire Williams

Sacramento Kings:  Terrance Davis, Matthew Dellavedova, Keon Ellis, Richaun Holmes, Alex Len, Trey Lyles, Chimezaa Metu, Davion Mitchell, Chima Moneke, Malik Monk, KZ Okpala, Neemias Queta

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Kings: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

I realize there are pictures missing but I am having problems overcoming the problem. 

2 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Ja already doubtful is good news. So he should be back for whatever the next game is. 

He should sit out until he is COMPLETELY 100% aka 110%.

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

He should sit out until he is COMPLETELY 100% aka 110%.

I agree with this. We don't need any hero antics and then he goes out and makes it worse or has like 5-7 subpar games cause he really can't jump or put weight on it. Just let it heal. It's a long season

1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I agree with this. We don't need any hero antics and then he goes out and makes it worse or has like 5-7 subpar games cause he really can't jump or put weight on it. Just let it heal. It's a long season

Yeah, you know he wants to get back out there ASAP.  We have to be conservative.  

Guessing we probably LOAD MANAGE our "big 3" all season.  I am HOPING that we get a bunch of those 4-5 game mini win streaks during this season... but I suspect the West standings will be bunched up all season... and that it will be hard to get any sort of long-lasting separation.  Just have to avoid those random 4 or 5 game losing streaks.

For a "contender" I am not sure we have that much "margin for error" even IF our top guys were healthy/healthy-ish.

After we destroyed the Kings in late October, they've gone 9-2. In fact they're even favored on our home court. Certainly not a gimme game like it once was. 

Just now, Rdk4121 said:

After we destroyed the Kings in late October, they've gone 9-2. In fact they're even favored on our home court. Certainly not a gimme game like it once was. 

whoa....9-2.   That's pretty amazing.

2 hours ago, Joey Crawford said:

whoa....9-2.   That's pretty amazing.

Fox is way more efficient this year.  8.5% better on FG% and 3PT%, and 9.5% better on FT%.  The new vets they got this year are doing well (Sabonis, Huerter, and Monk.)  Rookie Keegan Murray is doing well and will be top 4 in ROY.  

Really surprising how well Kings, Blazers, Jazz, and Pacers are doing this year.  I'm not really worried about where we are at.  If we'd had everyone healthy this year with maybe someone missing a game here or there, I think we'd at least be 15-2.

1 hour ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

Fox is way more efficient this year.  8.5% better on FG% and 3PT%, and 9.5% better on FT%.  The new vets they got this year are doing well (Sabonis, Huerter, and Monk.)  Rookie Keegan Murray is doing well and will be top 4 in ROY.  

Really surprising how well Kings, Blazers, Jazz, and Pacers are doing this year.  I'm not really worried about where we are at.  If we'd had everyone healthy this year with maybe someone missing a game here or there, I think we'd at least be 15-2.

With those 4 teams you mentioned, I wonder how they will fare the rest of the year. Is this just a fast start only for them to falter later in the season, or is this something they are actually building. They all have key players that are vets, so it could be a little more sustainable than if a team like Detroit, Orlando, or Houston were really hot to start the year. I would assume those teams you mentioned should at least make the play-ins this year. There's essentially only 11 teams in the West and 12 teams in the East even trying for those spots. 

6 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

With those 4 teams you mentioned, I wonder how they will fare the rest of the year. Is this just a fast start only for them to falter later in the season, or is this something they are actually building. They all have key players that are vets, so it could be a little more sustainable than if a team like Detroit, Orlando, or Houston were really hot to start the year. I would assume those teams you mentioned should at least make the play-ins this year. There's essentially only 11 teams in the West and 12 teams in the East even trying for those spots. 

Who knows.  The West is so tight right now, 1.5 games separating 1st from 9th.  Some of those teams might have the easier part of their schedule in the beginning.  I think most of those teams have been healthy and any injuries could put them on a path for the lottery.   

21 hours ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

when this team becomes Heathy I believe the Grizzlies Are one of the Top 4 Team in the N.B.A

30 minutes ago, lions said:

when this team becomes Heathy I believe the Grizzlies Are one of the Top 4 Team in the N.B.A

Absolutely

Mavs loss - No Jaren or Ziaire, 2nd night of back to back while Mavs had 3 day rest

1st Jazz loss - 1 point loss, No Ja, Jaren, or Ziaire

2nd Jazz loss - No Bane, Jaren, or Ziaire

Celtics loss - 3 point loss, No Adams, Jaren, or Ziaire

Wizards loss - No Ja, Bane, Jaren, or Ziaire

Pelicans loss - No Bane or Ziaire

Nets loss - No Ja, Bane, Jaren, or Ziaire

If we were healthy, we still might have loss the Mavs and maybe one of the Pels/Jazz bad loss

i feel like the one benefit to these injuries is the forced development of several young players.  It is unfortunate that Ziaire isn't able to be part of this time with Bane out.  When playing the Nets the other night it reminded me of playing those Spurs teams when Pop would sit Tim, Manu and Parker, and those bench players got extended playing time (although they would lose).

Aldama, Jake, Roddy, Konchar and even Chandler have probably picked up (combined) 750 minutes of playing time by now that they wouldn't have had if JJJ, Bane, Brooks, Ziaire and Ja been healthy all season.

It's a long season, followed by a lengthy post-season (hopefully).  These November & December minutes mean more for those youngsters, but it would be great to start getting Ziaire in there.

50 minutes ago, lions said:

jan 2023 watch out N.B.A 

3 hours ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:Really surprising how well Kings, Blazers, Jazz, and Pacers are doing this year.  I'm not really worried about where we are at.  If we'd had everyone healthy this year with maybe someone missing a game here or there, I think we'd at least be 15-2.

Kings? Blazers? Jazz? Pacers? Atop the standings?

Does the NBA even NBA anymore?

13 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

Where everyone at?

If this is a roll call, I'm sitting in my recliner, my wife is in the other room (probably watching some Batchelor show), and the dogs are likely on the bed asleep next to her. Life is good.