Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Brooklyn Nets - 11/20/22

Just now, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Dillon played on an elite level on offense? wtf?

for 3qtrs.   Plus you have to factor in that he WAS the entire offense.   Nets knew he was only one they had to worry about.  Cmon man you gotta grade this on a curve. 

8 minutes ago, southbluffsgrizzfan said:

we were within 3 going into the  4th and then just like in WAS, we cant hit any shots.  Dillon has taken 30 or 31 shots.  He is 3 of 11 from 3.  Good God, he just wont stop jacking 3s.  

And our defense is the bite on every pump fake and then pray they miss.  BKN has made at least 16 3s and is shooting 60% or right at it for the game.  Our defense is just terrible.   In the 4th quarter, we just die. 

Hey its hard to beat anybody when you are down 3 starters.  Our bench is ok but we dont have the depth we had last season.  There wont be any 20-5 record without Ja. 

Preach!

This is unacceptable! I am done with this team! Trade Jaren, waive Dillon

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

I aint sweating this game.    This was a good baptize by fire game for Roddy Jake and Kennedy.  I see the improvement from both Roddy and Jake.   This was also good for Dillon.    He played at elite level on both offense and defense.   Carried team on both ends.   Our guys are gonna be sooooo good when they are healthy.  

I do see the benefit. I just dont know if Dillon is elite on offense.  He shot over 30 times.  Last I looked he was 11 for 30.  I mean that isnt elite.  I do like Dillon's defense.  He plays with an edge, but he just decided he was going to just be Mr Volume Shooter because there was no one else to score, but I just dont think Dillon is elite on offense. There just wasnt anybody else to take those shots.  

But the experience the youngsters got against players like Durant, Irving, Simmons and the others will definitely help. 

Santi can be good. He is talented but he is so so so very soft.  Im glad Roddy and LaRavia are getting better because since Jake came back from being sick, he has been just terrible.  Roddy has a big body and will get better with experience.   

Now we got SAC coming into town and they have won 6 straight.  After that, the Pelicans.  We could lose the next 2 and be flirting with .500.  Its tough for any team to be down 3 starters. 

8 minutes ago, southbluffsgrizzfan said:

I do see the benefit. I just dont know if Dillon is elite on offense.  He shot over 30 times.  Last I looked he was 11 for 30.  I mean that isnt elite.  I do like Dillon's defense.  He plays with an edge, but he just decided he was going to just be Mr Volume Shooter because there was no one else to score, but I just dont think Dillon is elite on offense. There just wasnt anybody else to take those shots.  

But the experience the youngsters got against players like Durant, Irving, Simmons and the others will definitely help. 

Santi can be good. He is talented but he is so so so very soft.  Im glad Roddy and LaRavia are getting better because since Jake came back from being sick, he has been just terrible.  Roddy has a big body and will get better with experience.   

Now we got SAC coming into town and they have won 6 straight.  After that, the Pelicans.  We could lose the next 2 and be flirting with .500.  Its tough for any team to be down 3 starters. 

Not just 3 starters but your 3 FRANCHISE players.   I am grading Dillon on a curve.  He was ONLY weapon we had so thats why i said Elite performance.    he had to go chuck happy at the end. 

Injuries happen - we aren't losing these games because we are the worse team.  We are losing games due to health.   We got enough of a head start in the W column where we can afford to drop a few while guys are out.   Its gonna be painful but it is what it is.  

Dillon, Jitty, and Steve played very well tonight.  I didn't expect to win this game with so many guys out, but I got my hopes up after three periods, only to have them dashed, not by superstars Durant and Irving, but by a former Grizzlies player I liked a lot.  Doggone it Yuta!!  Couldn't you have saved that for the next game?

1 hour ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Dillon played on an elite level on offense? wtf?

I'll be happy if we end up with homecourt in the 1st round with how things are looking right now tbg 

I'll be happy with health in the playoffs, the West is wide open this year, if we're healthy we can get to the Finals

Yea chalk it up as scheduled loss. On the road against a playoff team without our core guys playing.  Oh well no big deal, on to the next.

Early on, I was gonna make a joke about stopping their scorer and then stick Yuta's name. Ha ha, the joke's on me.

Well we did kinda hold the big names with the thought that we could outscore the others. It worked for most of the game.

There were flaws but also solid work that should payoff later.

26 minutes ago, TT_Grizz said:

I'll be happy with health in the playoffs, the West is wide open this year, if we're healthy we can get to the Finals

We are in the 7th spot right now.  8th team is tied with us.  Warriors at 11 and rounding into form.

Have to get there first.

And, our top scoring options are "two weeks away from being two weeks away."

2 hours ago, Subliminal said:

Get rid of Kleiman too while you’re at it. He’s worn out his welcome

Dude, are you ok? What do you get out of trolling? I'm seriously curious. I don't understand it. And on the off chance you're actually serious, then you're simply clueless.

4 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

Dude, are you ok? What do you get out of trolling? I'm seriously curious. I don't understand it. And on the off chance you're actually serious, then you're simply clueless.

Dude, you've been around too long to not recognize who wrote that message.

32 minutes ago, tangogriz said:

He could've mentioned how nice it was to burn the team that gave him his start.

As of this game he has the best 3pt% in the league.

https://www.nba.com/stats/leaders?StatCategory=FG3_PCT&PerMode=Totals

Former Grizzlies interviewed by former Grind City Media 

Yuta was with the team in the bubble.

After Grizzlies chose to not offer him another 2-way, he was a lowly Exhibit 10 guy with the Raptors who then converted him to another two-way deal.

The Grizzlies chose Jontay Porter, Sean McDermott, and Killian Tillie over Yuta.

He's had quite a journey

I don't know if it was mentioned that Adams shot 12% at the FT line.

When JJJ is all the way back, he might not be on the court much in 4th quarters.

3 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Former Grizzlies interviewed by former Grind City Media 

Yuta was with the team in the bubble.

After Grizzlies chose to not offer him another 2-way, he was a lowly Exhibit 10 guy with the Raptors who then converted him to another two-way deal.

The Grizzlies chose Jontay Porter, Sean McDermott, and Killian Tillie over Yuta.

He's had quite a journey

I was thinking that your link didn't post. Finally I got it. That's Meghan Triplett.

Now I'm even more upset that they didn't mention the Grizzlies. 😀

There were a lot of us on the Yuta bus. Tok probably cried, well maybe a sniffle or two.

12 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

Like @tangogriz said, you ought to recognize the poster and that he's not trolling and not serious.  While being a big fan, he just doesn't take things too seriously and mocks those that do.  Plus, he likes being sarcastic. 

22 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Dillon, Jitty, and Steve played very well tonight.  I didn't expect to win this game with so many guys out, but I got my hopes up after three periods, only to have them dashed, not by superstars Durant and Irving, but by a former Grizzlies player I liked a lot.  Doggone it Yuta!!  Couldn't you have saved that for the next game?

Since we still like Yuta, here's what's happening with his shooting

15 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

We can't compete with 3 starter out. Hopefully Bane is coming back soon and JJJ play more. West is a bit crazy this year.

Actually seems like we need TWO of Ja/Bane/Jaren every night in order to compete.  Just not that many #EasyButton games this season.

We are in that non-bye playoff range right now anyway... can't really afford to drop games.  Since we can't even count on ONE of Ja/Bane/Jaren to play every game.  

Aside from that absurd 20-5 run playing TYUS BALL (one of the flukiest runs in NBA history), Team Ja is, what, basically .500ish (although we had some good runs once Ja came back last season)?