Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Oklahoma City vs Memphis Grizzlies - 11/18/22

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Friday, November 18, 7:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies vs Oklahoma City Thunder

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: 

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Possible Starting 5

Ja Morant Desmond Bane Dillon Brooks Santi Aldama Steven Adams
Ja Morant Desmond Bane Dillon Brooks Santi Aldama Steven Adams

Pelicans Possible Starting 5

Josh Giddey Shai Gilgeous-Alexander Luguentz Dort Alexi Pokusevski Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
th?id=OIP.txwnPqIJa_oBogHVthc9wQHaFa&pid th?id=OIP.SrBJkROyFWe3KiZ34hxTYQHaFa&pid th?id=OIP.EEoEw8FRTORrBA-DfWvO-AHaFY&pid th?id=OIP.I0vGagP2Fw_OH17EDGq1HQHaFa&pid th?id=OIP.3MrSC3Q_7YYu3fUzaXbaEwHaFa&pid

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Kennedy Chandler, Brandon Clarke, Danny Green, Jaren Jackson Jr , Tyus Jones, John Konchar, Jake LaRavia, Kenneth Lofton Jr (2way), David Roddy, Xavier Tillman, Vince Williams (2way), Ziaire Williams (INJ)

Oklahoma City Thunder: Darius Bazley, Ousmane Dieng, Chet Holmgren (INJ), Isiah Joe, Tre Mann, Mike Muscala, Eugene Omoruyi, Lindy Waters, Aaron Wiggins, Jalen Williams, Jaylin Williams, Kenrich Williams

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Thunder: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

17 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

SGA and the Finnisher are leading candidates for MIP. 

Is Markkenen the Finnisher? If so, good nickname. 

7 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Shai is too good for Sam Presti to tank again.

They don’t really need to tank. Shai , Giddey and Chet is solid. Though the created player who’s coming out would obviously be nice to have 

Let's hope Dillon can slow down SGA tonight. He's really their only source of consistent offense. Dort scores but is super inefficient, Giddey is a solid option as well. 

I am having issues downloading pictures so I can't update the starting lineups right now. Sorry. 

1 hour ago, kevofrommempho said:

Just thinking about the Santi Aldama vs Poku matchup makes me laugh a little.  Weakest possible matchup of power forwards?

So who is Adams going to guard?  Thunder have had a different 5th starter in the past 3 games ( Jalen Williams, Jeremiah Roinson Earl, and Aaron Wiggins.)  All of their bigs shoot decently from the 3.  Muscala has limited usage.  With Dillon on SGA, who's going to guard 6'8" Giddey?  Would you rather have Konchar or Santi on him?  Adams should be able to push Poku at will, but we can't let him get hot from 3.  Robinson-Earl is probably the best matchup for Adams.  Dort is listed as PF, but he's only 6'4", so they wouldn't put him on Adams.  Do we limit Adams minutes to keep from being burned at 3? But if we do that, we risk losing the rebounding battle.  

1 hour ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

So who is Adams going to guard?  Thunder have had a different 5th starter in the past 3 games ( Jalen Williams, Jeremiah Roinson Earl, and Aaron Wiggins.)  All of their bigs shoot decently from the 3.  Muscala has limited usage.  With Dillon on SGA, who's going to guard 6'8" Giddey?  Would you rather have Konchar or Santi on him?  Adams should be able to push Poku at will, but we can't let him get hot from 3.  Robinson-Earl is probably the best matchup for Adams.  Dort is listed as PF, but he's only 6'4", so they wouldn't put him on Adams.  Do we limit Adams minutes to keep from being burned at 3? But if we do that, we risk losing the rebounding battle.  

I was in the state of mind that Jaren is still out and Santi is still starting.  Question remains about who Adams will guard, but having Jaren back helps a lot on defense against Thunder.  Here's an intriguing idea.  What if we were to play Jaren/Adams/Santi all together?  Ja/Dillon/Santi/Jaren/Adams would be a really big lineup and could cause some mismatches.  

I have no idea what to expect for this game and would be lying if I said I was confident that the Grizz were going to win

3 hours ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

Ja has to guard somebody.  Maybe put Dillon on Giddey to slow down Giddey's passing attack.  

Konchar on SGA?

Ja?  IF Ja is the next great NBA superstar then he has to guard guys.  Actually want him on taller guys... the speedy players might give Ja more problems (although SGA is quick too).

Yahoo fantasy basketball mentioned something about OKC's revolving door at center.  Maybe OKC is on to something and we are headed for the "Streaming Centers" Era (unless you have Jokic/Embiid).

2 hours ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

I was in the state of mind that Jaren is still out and Santi is still starting.  Question remains about who Adams will guard, but having Jaren back helps a lot on defense against Thunder.  Here's an intriguing idea.  What if we were to play Jaren/Adams/Santi all together?  Ja/Dillon/Santi/Jaren/Adams would be a really big lineup and could cause some mismatches.  

Cool.

Santi/BC/Jaren would be cool too.  BC is a bit more athletic than Adams... more of a lob threat.  

Ja/Dillon/Santi/BC/Jaren is a lineup that would MAXIMIZE our firepower on offense (and optimizes our defense).

2 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Ja has to guard somebody.  Maybe put Dillon on Giddey to slow down Giddey's passing attack.  

Konchar on SGA?

Ja?  IF Ja is the next great NBA superstar then he has to guard guys.  Actually want him on taller guys... the speedy players might give Ja more problems (although SGA is quick too).

Yahoo fantasy basketball mentioned something about OKC's revolving door at center.  Maybe OKC is on to something and we are headed for the "Streaming Centers" Era (unless you have Jokic/Embiid).

Ja probably guards Aaron Wiggins when he’s in. 

5 hours ago, Subliminal said:

I have no idea what to expect for this game and would be lying if I said I was confident that the Grizz were going to win

That worked for you last season.  Hope it works again.

4 hours ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

Looks like we are rolling with only 10 available.  

We better take than serious or they will kill us. They are young, hungry and talented enought to do so. I dont believe coach will do it, but I would start Laravia.

Ja/Tyus 

DB/Konchar

Laravia/Roddy

Jaren/Santi

Adams/Clarke 

9 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

We better take than serious or they will kill us. They are young, hungry and talented enought to do so. I dont believe coach will do it, but I would start Laravia.

Ja/Tyus 

DB/Konchar

Laravia/Roddy

Jaren/Santi

Adams/Clarke 

I’d be good with that