Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Oklahoma City vs Memphis Grizzlies - 11/18/22

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

Can't remember his name either, but I know who you are talking about.

Red flag is... he put NO weight on that thing.

Just watched the play on the ESPN highlight. Ja did walk from the free throw line to the midcourt sideline unassisted following the fall. He was minimizing weight on the ankle, but he was putting some weight on it. He did sit down as quick as he could when he got off the court area.

22 minutes ago, Wells said:

Just watched the play on the ESPN highlight. Ja did walk from the free throw line to the midcourt sideline unassisted following the fall. He was minimizing weight on the ankle, but he was putting some weight on it. He did sit down as quick as he could when he got off the court area.

that's a good sign.

14 minutes ago, KelvisKblam said:

Hey homies, in case anyone else has been nervously searching for this...

One of those Dr. Brian injury analyses from tonight's misfortune: 

https://youtu.be/wo0rTC59ArE

I liked his analysis ok... but I think it should be pointed out that he also thought it was bad that he didn't put much weight on it being carried out.  Ja was OBVIOUSLY in a ton of pain.  

Minimal contact with Dort?  Yes? No?

Red flag: Ja looks like he wants to grab the back of his heel as he goes down.

Not sure where Doc thinks its a low ankle sprain.  Looks "high" to me -- or worse.  Almost looks like he blew out his Achilles.  

Need to get that thing back 110%.

Ja lands bad, Dort hits/grazes the back of his heel, Ja goes down to the mat, has to be carried off the court basically.  RED FLAG.  They need to check out his Achilles.  Hopefully he dodged a bullet.

Doc thinks he didn't break any bones in his foot (ankle injury as opposed to a foot injury... but who knows).

If Ja comes back on a "sore" ankle, it could get bad.  And, supposedly Achilles blow outs usually happen on the LEFT side.

Even if it is just a sprain... it feels like something is about to SNAP/CRACKLE/POP.

5 hours ago, Grizzliesfan777 said:

Not too worried about the injury. Prob gonna miss a game or two and come back. Obviously not a doctor, but that’s my gut feeling. 

Unfortunately, I think it will be longer. Injuring the same ankle twice, within a week is more concerning, and may require a longer time to heal as not to make it worse with a recurring issue. 

1 hour ago, Lord Gordon said:

Last year the team played well without Ja. This year, they have been terrible without him. 

But last year when Ja didn’t play, everyone else was healthy. This year, Jaren, Ziaire, and Bane have been out the same time as Ja. 

1 hour ago, Lord Gordon said:

Last year the team played well without Ja. This year, they have been terrible without him. 

Like ThaBeet said, when Ja was out last year I think we had Jaren and Bane in pretty much every game. We really just need two of our big 3 to be a very good team. Right now we might be staring down the barrel of 2 of the big 3 being out for at least a few games. Hopefully Ja's injury isn't too bad. 

14 hours ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

Does OKC not understand math? They fouled down 9 twice with 12 seconds left or less. 

In that situation it is appropriate to wait til their guy goes for a layup and go full into his body while trying to block the shot. You're not taking a cheap shot and you're making a play on the ball, but the message needs to be sent that guys can get hurt in the final 10 seconds and that the sword cuts both ways. Somebody almost got hurt when giddey fouled them, they were coming down and giddey grabbed their arms and was a tight landing. The exact sort of circumstance where something goes wrong

14 hours ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

For the Dillon haters:

+19 - game high pt differential

Primary defender on SGA - 15pts, season low, less than half of season avg. 

Yes he was 6-20 FG, 2-9 3PT, 2 fouls (no techs)

somebody just tell dillon he caps at 13 shots

11 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

I liked his analysis ok... but I think it should be pointed out that he also thought it was bad that he didn't put much weight on it being carried out.  Ja was OBVIOUSLY in a ton of pain.  

Minimal contact with Dort?  Yes? No?

Red flag: Ja looks like he wants to grab the back of his heel as he goes down.

Not sure where Doc thinks its a low ankle sprain.  Looks "high" to me -- or worse.  Almost looks like he blew out his Achilles.  

Need to get that thing back 110%.

Ja lands bad, Dort hits/grazes the back of his heel, Ja goes down to the mat, has to be carried off the court basically.  RED FLAG.  They need to check out his Achilles.  Hopefully he dodged a bullet.

Doc thinks he didn't break any bones in his foot (ankle injury as opposed to a foot injury... but who knows).

If Ja comes back on a "sore" ankle, it could get bad.  And, supposedly Achilles blow outs usually happen on the LEFT side.

Even if it is just a sprain... it feels like something is about to SNAP/CRACKLE/POP.

It looks nothing like an Achilles injury. Do you know how much force is required to rupture the achilles?

1 hour ago, Rdk4121 said:

Like ThaBeet said, when Ja was out last year I think we had Jaren and Bane in pretty much every game. We really just need two of our big 3 to be a very good team. Right now we might be staring down the barrel of 2 of the big 3 being out for at least a few games. Hopefully Ja's injury isn't too bad. 

last year when Ja was out our team was unconscious from 3 in the beginning of that run. Without Ja we shot 38% from 3 which would've been best in the league by a wide margin. For the year we shot 35.4%.

1 hour ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

last year when Ja was out our team was unconscious from 3 in the beginning of that run. Without Ja we shot 38% from 3 which would've been best in the league by a wide margin. For the year we shot 35.4%.

Well at least part of that is because Ja didn't shoot well last year from deep, 34% compared to Tyus's 39%. The offense also ran differently when Ja was out which could've lead to possibly better looks from deep. 

On 11/19/2022 at 12:14 AM, KelvisKblam said:

Hey homies, in case anyone else has been nervously searching for this...

One of those Dr. Brian injury analyses from tonight's misfortune: 

https://youtu.be/wo0rTC59ArE

Did this doctor ever play any sports? Maybe, but his understanding of forces in the field make me say "no."

He greatly underestimated the amount of force used in Ja's GS playoff injury and now this.

He calls the force from Dort's foot on Ja's tiptoe stance a "minimal kind of thing" and "a slight little glance."

I value his medical information but he's got a big weakness in his game.