chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ New Orleans Pelicans - 11/15/22

32 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Trey is a 3, maybe some 4.  ZW seems like a 2.  

Is there a Trey Murphy III in the 2023 draft?  I liked Trey, had him fifth on my board in 2021.  He might actually be better than Jabari Smith, Jr. (my wire to wire number 1 guy in the last draft) and that is kind of the same archetype.  

... Pels got Trey and Herb.  Last draft they got Dyson Daniels.  I kinda want the Grizz to eavesdrop on the Pelicans' telephonic communications during the 2023 draft season.  

I remember you liked Trey Murphy, Alt, well done.

And the poor Rockets. They thought they were getting Paolo up to the minute the Magic surprised everyone by taking him 1st. Jabari looks very limited in SL, pre-season and the start of the season. How is a guy like him shooting 31% from the field? 7.3 PER. Can't seem to dribble or pass. Tanking for 19 year-olds not named Wenbamyama is risky. 

28 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

I remember you liked Trey Murphy, Alt, well done.

And the poor Rockets. They thought they were getting Paolo up to the minute the Magic surprised everyone by taking him 1st. Jabari looks very limited in SL, pre-season and the start of the season. How is a guy like him shooting 31% from the field? 7.3 PER. Can't seem to dribble or pass. Tanking for 19 year-olds not named Wenbamyama is risky. 

Jabari is averaging 8 and 8 or something like that.  Decent STOCKS.  But, yeah, the creation isn't there.  Neither is the explosiveness.  Maybe he can put it together.  Or, maybe he is just a high level role player type like a Shane Battier or Robert Horry.  ... Rockets need a point guard though...

Banchero and Ivey look like the guys from the '22 draft who can go out and get their own stuff.  Rest look like guys who need to be set up (including Shaedon Sharpe, 2 on my board, and, like Jabari Smith, Jr. someone I am trying to add from the waiver wires to my fantasy team).

Too soon to look at the draft?  Leonard Miller might be that Trey/Jabari type....  could be in our range.  Jarace Walker probably won't be in our range.  Nor, Amen Thompson or Keyonte George.  Gradey **** might not be there either.  And, those are some of my favorite "name" guys not named Vic/Scoot.  I actually think that BAD teams shouldn't tank for Vic but GOOD teams should at least think about it.  A bit slow, not great defending in space, then you are SUPER reliant on that jump shot.  It's not 1978... and you need a sky hook.  Although a Ja/Vic pairing (spit balling here) would be sublime.

1 minute ago, ALT GRIND said:

Jabari is averaging 8 and 8 or something like that.  Decent STOCKS.  But, yeah, the creation isn't there.  Neither is the explosiveness.  Maybe he can put it together.  Or, maybe he is just a high level role player type like a Shane Battier or Robert Horry.  ... Rockets need a point guard though...

Banchero and Ivey look like the guys from the '22 draft who can go out and get their own stuff.  Rest look like guys who need to be set up (including Shaedon Sharpe, 2 on my board, and, like Jabari Smith, Jr. someone I am trying to add from the waiver wires to my fantasy team).

Too soon to look at the draft?  Leonard Miller might be that Trey/Jabari type....  could be in our range.  Jarace Walker probably won't be in our range.  Nor, Amen Thompson or Keyonte George.  Gradey **** might not be there either.  And, those are some of my favorite "name" guys not named Vic/Scoot.  I actually think that BAD teams shouldn't tank for Vic but GOOD teams should at least think about it.  A bit slow, not great defending in space, then you are SUPER reliant on that jump shot.  It's not 1978... and you need a sky hook.  Although a Ja/Vic pairing (spit balling here) would be sublime.

I thnk Mathurin will be the 2nd best player. Great pick by the Pacers. 

50 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

I thnk Mathurin will be the 2nd best player. Great pick by the Pacers. 

He's been good.

Hopefully in '23 we stop drafting players who look like they should be in sit-com's.

2 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Never too soon for ALT GRIND.