Memphis Grizzlies vs Minnesota Timberwolves - 11/11/22

Grizzlies Game Time Discussion

Memphis Grizzlies vs Minnesota Timberwolves
Date/Time: Friday, November 11. 8:30 PM

Locations: Fed Ex Forum, Memphis, TN

Television: Bally SportsSouth, NBA LP | ESPN

Memphis Radio: 92.9 FM, 680 AM

Promotions: Nationally Televised Game

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Probable Starting 5

Ja Morant Desmond Bane Dillon Brooks Santi Aldama Steven Adams
Ja Morant Desmond Bane Dillon Brooks Santi Aldama Steven Adams

Wolves Probable Starting 5

D'Angelo Russell Anthony Edwards  Jaden McDaniels Karl-Anthony Towns Rudy Gobert
D'Angelo Russell Anthony Edwards image.jpeg Karl-Anthony Towns image.jpeg

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Kennedy Chandler, Brandon Clarke, Danny Green, Jaren Jackson Jr (INJ), Tyus Jones, John Konchar, Jake LaRavia, Kenneth Lofton Jr (2way), David Roddy, Xavier Tillman, Vince Williams (2way), Ziaire Williamson (INJ)

Minnesota: Kyle Anderson, Bryn Forbes, Luka Garza (2way), Nathan Knight, Jordan McLaughlin, Josh Minott, Wendell Moore (2way), Jaylen Nowell, Taureen Prince, Naz Reid, Austin Rivers, 

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Wolves: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

1 hour ago, My man Allen said:

I don’t like this match up. Towns gonna have a field day 

Wolves been playing like crap. Ant been standing around, only scoring 11 points, all while criticizing his team for playing soft. Wolves soulless since PatBev left. 

2 hours ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

Wolves been playing like crap. Ant been standing around, only scoring 11 points, all while criticizing his team for playing soft. Wolves soulless since PatBev left. 

Lost again tonight to the Suns. I think Santi can do at least okay against Towns. He's got the length to match up with him at least. I think we match up pretty well against this new squad. Them having Gobert makes Adams so much more playable now. 

New City Edition Jerseys are debuting this Friday!   Titled "Big Memphis."  

They've got ice on them!

A stylized ‘M’ on the buckle represents the iconic ‘M-Bridge’ in Memphis and has the chrome detailing and diamond texture seen throughout the uniform. Above the jersey tag, the words “For The M” are printed next to a gold grill made to look like bear teeth.

<strong>As the Grizzlies&rsquo; creative team embarked on a design for the 2022-23 City Edition uniforms &mdash; officially titled their &ldquo;Big Memphis&rdquo; Edition look &mdash; they wanted to do something that hadn&rsquo;t been done before. They wanted to bring the ice onto the court to match the music stars that sit courtside. </strong>(Courtesy Memphis Grizzlies)

<strong>The uniform features a chrome style that outlines the &ldquo;Memphis&rdquo; lettering and the oversized bear icon on the shorts. </strong>(Courtesy Memphis Grizzlies)

<strong>The jersey and shorts feature an a-symmetrical &lsquo;M&rsquo; and &lsquo;G&rsquo; pattern down the left side, which is similar to the pattern used on the &ldquo;Soul City&rdquo; uniforms worn two seasons ago. Also like the previous uniforms, this season&rsquo;s alternate uses a black base.&nbsp;</strong>(Courtesy Memphis Grizzlies)

https://dailymemphian.com/section/sportsmemphis-grizzlies/article/32175/memphis-grizzlies-new-2022-city-edition-uniforms

Wolves really play bad. Ant and KAT have big ego, Dlo make stupid move more than ever, and Gobert just do his job, but not much more. They will have to clear some issues fast if they don't want to have a nightmare season. Considering wht they give to get Gobert, it's a big waste for the moment.

I am planning my half time break snack for tonight's game.     I bought a new air fryer,  Ninja AF101, and have tested it under non-game situations - as practice.

Premium crab cakes, frozen.   Apply butter rubbed on like using the butter stick as a pencil.

Settings, air fry, temp 400 degrees, time 9 minutes.     During the 9 minutes, pour blue cheese dressing in the serving dish, where the crab cakes will go, along with ten cherry tomatoes.     Ice tea.

The snack should be ready just in time to watch the 3rd quarter begin - including the quick trip to the bathroom...😁.      First fork bite, then dipped in the blue cheese dressing - close eyes and savor.   And thank God for the food.

Go Grizzlies !

6 minutes ago, Joey Crawford said:

I am planning my half time break snack for tonight's game.     I bought a new air fryer,  Ninja AF101, and have tested it under non-game situations - as practice.

Premium crab cakes, frozen.   Apply butter rubbed on like using the butter stick as a pencil.

Settings, air fry, temp 400 degrees, time 9 minutes.     During the 9 minutes, pour blue cheese dressing in the serving dish, where the crab cakes will go, along with ten cherry tomatoes.     Ice tea.

The snack should be ready just in time to watch the 3rd quarter begin - including the quick trip to the bathroom...😁.      First fork bite, then dipped in the blue cheese dressing - close eyes and savor.   And thank God for the food.

Go Grizzlies !

all sounds incredible! wow. 

slim. 

It’s been a couple years since I’ve been able to follow the grizzlies, do they ever tip off at 7pm at home? I’m on the east coast and have to be up at 350am during the week and it’s been impossible to catch games.

21 minutes ago, ImTheCrew said:

It’s been a couple years since I’ve been able to follow the grizzlies, do they ever tip off at 7pm at home? I’m on the east coast and have to be up at 350am during the week and it’s been impossible to catch games.

Our next 13 home games are at 7pm.  Our next 23 home games are at 7:00pm or earlier.  After tonight, there are only 9 games later than 7pm CST.

Here's my hot take. T'Wolves aren't that good. We overrate them because they played a good series against us.

Gobert trade was awful. I wouldn't want Gobert for free at $40M+ per year for the next 4 years, much less all the depth and picks they gave to Utah. Towns is not a winner, he's soft. Ant Edwards looks like he might be a future head case. DLo has never been good. 

T'Wolves are 5-7, but have played 9 of 12 at home. And their only wins are OKC twice, Spurs, Lakers and Rockets. Lakers and Nets craziness has hid the dysfuntion in Minny. 

2 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

Our next 13 home games are at 7pm.  Our next 23 home games are at 7:00pm or earlier.  After tonight, there are only 9 games later than 7pm CST.

Good research, Thabeet. I see more sleep in our futures. 

3 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Here's my hot take. T'Wolves aren't that good. We overrate them because they played a good series against us.

Gobert trade was awful. I wouldn't want Gobert for free at $40M+ per year for the next 4 years, much less all the depth and picks they gave to Utah. Towns is not a winner, he's soft. Ant Edwards looks like he might be a future head case. DLo has never been good. 

Spurs 5-7, but have played 9 of 12 at home. And their only wins are OKC twice, Spurs, Lakers and Rockets. Lakers and Nets craziness has hid the dysfuntion in Minny. 

I think they were better last year.  All the moves have made their team chemistry and strategy completely different and they have not adjusted well to it.  They lost the heart and soul of their team.  Ant seems like he's apathetic now.  They may get it together at some point this year, but not looking good now.  

1 minute ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

I think they were better last year.  All the moves have made their team chemistry and strategy completely different and they have not adjusted well to it.  They lost the heart and soul of their team.  Ant seems like he's apathetic now.  They may get it together at some point this year, but not looking good now.  

They could still get it together. West isn't looking that strong this year. But the Gobert trade is only going to look worse as times goes on.

19 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

T'Wolves are 5-7, but have played 9 of 12 at home. And their only wins are OKC twice, Spurs, Lakers and Rockets. Lakers and Nets craziness has hid the dysfuntion in Minny. 

This. They were a bad matchup against us last season, it remains to be seen that they still are after the Gobert trade. I suspect they no longer are.

this Game will Go Down to the Wire tonite  STRESS 

12 hours ago, Joey Crawford said:

Go Grizzlies !

Impressive!

Gourmet level 👏

7 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Edwards, to me, looks like all Wolves top picks - they all want outta there fast as hail.

And then flourish when they did get the heck out.

Can't blame them, it is a hole of a place.

But I'd be more than happy if Edwards was a Grizzly. He is a grade A star - would makes us definite championship contender for years.

Before you get your knickers in a knot - I know, I know - it ain't happening

I've come to really dislike Towns, especially with his pip squeak "we in Minnesota now" voice, and Academy Award-level flopping.

How could someone so cool like Ja, be friends with someone like this?