chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Boston Celtics - 11/7/22

Good news is that we almost pulled it out even tho shorthanded and Ja broke outta his slump.  Also held number1 offense in the league to just 109pts.   I think our defense is steadily improving.  

21 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I am because if Taylor would've been smarter with his rotations we pull this one out.  He had Bane and Ja out way too long.  Jitty and Jake shouldve played more minutes.   I'll be so glad once all our guys back.   We are missing the main dudes that allow us to matchup against any team.

Agree. Not sure what X was giving us out there.

The game was really lost when Jenkins left the same lineup out there to give up a 20-0 run before changing it. Yeezus.

35 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

The game was really lost when Jenkins left the same lineup out there to give up a 20-0 run before changing it. Yeezus.

X was +3 BPM.  Santi and Roddy had the worst

1 hour ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Jenkins is a good coach, but my god does he allow teams to gain momentum and/or go on prolonged runs without utilizing timeouts to break their flow.

That was a great game and everyone can be proud of the Grizzlies - even with the loss.    Grizzlies played without Stevo and Jaren, and Zaire.

I have come up with a play for these type of last second situations - better than what the Grizzlies ran in this game and the game with Utah.

First, in practice, have a skills evaluation of having each player throw the ball full length of the court.  And also at half court.   To determine who is going to in bounds the ball.

The play begins as an inbounds throw full length of the court (Steven Adams seems to have the strongest arm) aiming for the backboard, with the intent of our target player catching and shooting  the basket, preferably a dunk.     Either make the basket or get fouled by the opposing team trying to intercept the ball or fouling our player if he catches the ball.

I would make it look like we are going to inbounds to either Ja or Bain as decoys, with lots of motion.     With target player being, imo, the pogo man - Brandon should be the target right at the basket.  

Maybe have another player 15 ft from the basket if something goes wrong.    Thus spreading the court, and making it harder for the other team to guard.

Since the situation could be with no timeouts, like this game, and the Grizzlies just get the ball out of bounds - there needs to be a short easy to understand password that Coach and all the players know - such as "cat" - that Coach can shout out,  to know to run the play.

Most of all, the Grizzlies have to practice the play, routinely.

Strange season so far. We are definitly short of players. Hope JJJ and Ziaire coming back soon. As competition at West is wild this year. Look Utah-Lakers, So happy to see Mike playing well. 

2 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Ja the last 4 games is 30-82, maybe it's nothing.

just something to keep an eye on.

He was at least reasonably efficient last night, particularly from 3 (5-12). He was pretty bad in the Wizards game, where he really struggled with the length of KP and Gafford. I don't think it's anything really to be concerned about. 

On 11/8/2022 at 1:20 PM, Commadoor Sixty-four said:

I hear ya...

We're a couple of freethrows away from that win...

We're a couple of passes from Dealin' Bricks away from this win.

We're a couple of Steven Adams back taps and 2nd shot attempts away from this win..

That's why I ain't upset about it. It's against one of the best teams in the league.

Add that miraculous Marcus Smart left hand with the foul … this game could have gone either way…

still enjoyed watching this game hearing announcers gush about how good a Memphis Boston game was billed to be… and how it actually was a my star v your star deal… this game - their star got the w .

On 11/8/2022 at 10:34 PM, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Add that miraculous Marcus Smart left hand with the foul … this game could have gone either way…

still enjoyed watching this game hearing announcers gush about how good a Memphis Boston game was billed to be… and how it actually was a my star v your star deal… this game - their star got the w .

In our house. :angry:

10 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

It hasn't come up yet on these boards but Des copped a $15K fine from the NBA

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34996740/grizzlies-desmond-bane-fined-15k-kicking-ball-stands

That's trash.  I didn't even notice it during the game.  Just seemed almost accidental or reflexive.  Just like when players get a kick ball on a bounce pass.  Des just made good contact.

35 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

That's trash.  I didn't even notice it during the game.  Just seemed almost accidental or reflexive.  Just like when players get a kick ball on a bounce pass.  Des just made good contact.

I don't remember it either. 

If Des could have soccer'd it a little better and into the Celts coach's hands instead of into the expensive seats, then Des probably would have avoided the fine.