ThaGhostOfThaBeet

Around the NBA - 2022-23 Season

5 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Kyle Anderson with the perfect in-bounds pass to Naz for the 3. Ah, memories. OT.

Can we get the same roster we had the summer we drafted Ja?

On 3/8/2023 at 8:26 PM, The J Crew said:

Ouch. Click through to Twitter pic to see the extent of the rolled ankle.

OUCH!!  Looks ugly.  Getting to that age...

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

OUCH!!  Looks ugly.  Getting to that age...

KD’s game is built on skill … he’ll be shooting mid to long range rainbows for as long as he wants to…

Bucks had a chance to take it but fell victim to a few mental lapses and the typical/predictable Curry clown shot parade.

9 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Bucks -Warriors in OT. Great game. 

Warriors win. Steph plays 43 minutes. Giannis didn't play, so doesn't mean that much. 

Just now, El Guapo said:

Bucks had a chance to take it but fell victim to a few mental lapses and the typical/predictable Curry clown shot parade.

Jrue had the drive to the bucket at the end of regulation to win it, but his shot was blocked. 

On 3/11/2023 at 1:43 AM, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

KD’s game is built on skill … he’ll be shooting mid to long range rainbows for as long as he wants to…

Not without legs.

12 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Knicks pulling away from the Lakers in LA. No Jalen Brunson for the Knicks. Up 8 with 4 minutes left. 

Lakers close it to 2. But Josh Hart hits two free throws to go up 4 with 5 seconds left.

Knicks will win, Lakers will lose, life is good. 

5 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Lakers close it to 2. But Josh Hart hits two free throws to go up 4 with 5 seconds left.

Knicks will win, Lakers will lose, life is good. 

Sweet that another ex-Laker who was dumped to create LeBron's super team seals it.

1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

Sweet that another ex-Laker who was dumped to create LeBron's super team seals it.

Josh Hart is a player. And he'll re-sign with the Knicks this summer. Great trade by the Knicks FO.

And Portland is now in free fall. 

Just now, The J Crew said:

Josh Hart is a player. And he'll re-sign with the Knicks this summer. Great trade by the Knicks FO.

I would not have minded picking him up.  Oh well.

23 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Warriors win. Steph plays 43 minutes. Giannis didn't play, so doesn't mean that much

well, if Jenkins had been GSW coach, they would have lost because TJ would have taken Steph out halfway through the OT so he could get some rest and he would have never come close to 43 mins.  Its just the "TJ way."

*****in TJs defense, he did say after the DAL win last night that he was going to ride the hot hand a little more than he has been.  So maybe when a Grizzly starts to heat up, he wont get taken out because TJ's iPad says its time for you to come out.  

Just now, smit-tay griz said:

I would not have minded picking him up.  Oh well.

I know. Some of us have been after him forever. Pels got CJ, so they are happy. 

But Knicks sent this year's first and Cam Reddish - exactly the kind of trade I wish I front office would have looked at the past two season. Kennard is OK, but a limited player. 

6 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

apparently EVERY player on the Grizzlies roster is so important that picking up a productive talented player who could actually help the team this season is not even considered.  I know Hart was a trade, but it showed the team wanted to improve itself.  All we did is get Luke. 

Honestly, could we not have parted with Vince Williams Jr to pick up someone who was bought out?  I watched Terrance Ross hitting 3s all over the place for PHO last night--yes they lost, but the point is that TRoss was doing TRoss kinda things.  And Im not talking about signing him to a multi-year pricey contract.   Just someone to help us score the rest of the the season.  

2 minutes ago, southbluffsgrizzfan said:

well, if Jenkins had been GSW coach, they would have lost because TJ would have taken Steph out halfway through the OT so he could get some rest and he would have never come close to 43 mins.  Its just the "TJ way."

*****in TJs defense, he did say after the DAL win last night that he was going to ride the hot hand a little more than he has been.  So maybe when a Grizzly starts to heat up, he wont get taken out because TJ's iPad says its time for you to come out.  

And the Mavs played Luka a back-to-back, and now he's hurt. And the Mavs played Kyrie 41 minutes against the Pels last Wednesday, and his foot is sore again and he can't play vs. us. 

I have no problem limiting our guys to the low to mid 30s. 

1 minute ago, The J Crew said:

And the Mavs played Luka a back-to-back, and now he's hurt. And the Mavs played Kyrie 41 minutes against the Pels last Wednesday, and his foot is sore again and he can't play vs. us. 

I have no problem limiting our guys to the low to mid 30s. 

Im certainly not saying to do that EVERY game.  But there is a happy medium and also in certain games specifically when we really need a win.   If all these guys were playing every game that they possibly could, then I would certainly agree with you and I still do to a certain extent, but we have all watched it. Jenkins has been so wed to his sub patterns that he really will take out a hot player in a close game because the computer tells him that is what he must do and must never deviate.  

Im just saying that sometimes you should deviate.  Thats all.  These guys take breaks all throughout the season and call it "wrist soreness"  or back tightness or whatever the training staff wants to call it.  We all know it.  Former players have called present day players out for it.  So I think in a big game that could effect seeding or tie breakers or something of that nature, guys can play a little more.

8 minutes ago, southbluffsgrizzfan said:

apparently EVERY player on the Grizzlies roster is so important that picking up a productive talented player who could actually help the team this season is not even considered.  I know Hart was a trade, but it showed the team wanted to improve itself.  All we did is get Luke. 

Honestly, could we not have parted with Vince Williams Jr to pick up someone who was bought out?  I watched Terrance Ross hitting 3s all over the place for PHO last night--yes they lost, but the point is that TRoss was doing TRoss kinda things.  And Im not talking about signing him to a multi-year pricey contract.   Just someone to help us score the rest of the the season.  

Vince Williams may prove to be better than those bought-out players.  

TRoss kinda things - helping his team lose? :blink:

4 minutes ago, southbluffsgrizzfan said:

Im certainly not saying to do that EVERY game.  But there is a happy medium and also in certain games specifically when we really need a win.   If all these guys were playing every game that they possibly could, then I would certainly agree with you and I still do to a certain extent, but we have all watched it. Jenkins has been so wed to his sub patterns that he really will take out a hot player in a close game because the computer tells him that is what he must do and must never deviate.  

Im just saying that sometimes you should deviate.  Thats all.  These guys take breaks all throughout the season and call it "wrist soreness"  or back tightness or whatever the training staff wants to call it.  We all know it.  Former players have called present day players out for it.  So I think in a big game that could effect seeding or tie breakers or something of that nature, guys can play a little more.

You listen to GTF too much.  You sound like you're parroting his take.

Worrying  / complaining about what MAY HAPPEN or WHAT MAY HAVE BEEN … completely disregarding the SUCCESS that IS HAPPENING… the chemistry it takes to not only say next man up - but actually DO THAT … 

uh… ok 

1 hour ago, southbluffsgrizzfan said:

I'm not opposed to parting with Vince Williams.  I have yet to see something from him that makes him standout for any reason.

However, Vince Williams is on a two-way contract, so they would basically have to replace Vince with someone willing and ELIGIBLE to be a two-way player, and those guys don't have playoff eligibility.  Two-way players have to be in 4th season or earlier.

Lakers lost and fell out of the top 10 again with both Jazz and Thunder sneaking back into the play-in tournament spots.

Jazz, Thunder, Lakers, and Pelicans all sit tied at 33-35.  The two spots one-game ahead of them are the 34-34 T'Wolves and Thunder.

Hate watching the Suns v Warriors 

Warriors up 20+ halfway through the 2nd quarter…

They really are different at home

I didn’t really get it at first but, the whole play-in thing , especially with how close the West is - is keeping things very interesting …