1. 1. Jaren Will Be Back…

• Before Thanksgiving
    • Between Thanksgiving and Christmas
    • Between Christmas and the All-Star Break
    • After the All-Star Game but before April
    • April at the Earliest
    • Return?

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

What did you expect?  It's tough to knock the rust off after injury.

Bane started off really bad from 3 this season.  6-26 his first two games.  And that was after going 6-25 in four pre-season games.

Wow, only 3 people correctly guessed when Jaren would be back. 

14 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

Bane started off really bad from 3 this season.  6-26 his first two games.  And that was after going 6-25 in four pre-season games.

Wow, only 3 people correctly guessed when Jaren would be back. 

Good point.  Jaren only played 25m last night so that is probably his cap for now.   Its gonna take some time for the team to adjust to having Jaren back on both offense and defense.  While also adjusting to Bane being out.   People need to be patient. 

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

Good point.  Jaren only played 25m last night so that is probably his cap for now.   Its gonna take some time for the team to adjust to having Jaren back on both offense and defense.  While also adjusting to Bane being out.   People need to be patient. 

Yup, just give him a few games and Jaren will be back to making 30% of his 3's in no time.  

Congrats to the three posters who correctly predicted before Thanksgiving for JJJ's return. 

I am especially glad I got it wrong too. 

5 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

This is like his pre-season.  It's tough to miss out on that time.

9 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Probably double figures!

Did you expect 6 points?  I mean If he’s starting to me the Coach is saying he’s at FULL STRENGTH, regardless!

7pt is a lousy performance regardless if we are being honest.

if he came off the bench for 12-15 minutes of playing time then YES 7pts is to be expected 

I thought JJJ looked decent in his 25 minutes last night 

Tough Crowd!

I understand wanting him to score more, but dang.

He got 6 boards and 5 blocks. Not bad.

He shot too many threes...as usual.

3-14 from the field, 0-7 from 3. Means he was 3-7 inside the arc. I would like for him to take 2/3rds of his shots from in close as opposed to half his shots from 3. That is not the way to hone your offense first game back. He drifts a lot instead of being aggressive

12 minutes ago, My man Allen said:

I don’t think he’s ever going to be a good scorer. Thankfully with Bane and Ja he won’t have to be 

What do you mean by good scorer? He's averaged 15.7 for his career and 16.3 last year. That's pretty darn good for a third or 4th option. 

10 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

What do you mean by good scorer? He's averaged 15.7 for his career and 16.3 last year. That's pretty darn good for a third or 4th option. 

He’s not a skilled scorer though. He’s not a good shooter or ball handler and  has no post game or touch around the basket 

and I said he’s fine as an option behind Ja and Bane 

On 11/16/2022 at 2:51 PM, The REF said:

Probably double figures!

Did you expect 6 points?  I mean If he’s starting to me the Coach is saying he’s at FULL STRENGTH, regardless!

7pt is a lousy performance regardless if we are being honest.

if he came off the bench for 12-15 minutes of playing time then YES 7pts is to be expected 

What did Dillon get when he came back?

I'll save you the time.  It was 4 points.

2 hours ago, My man Allen said:

I don’t think he’s ever going to be a good scorer. Thankfully with Bane and Ja he won’t have to be 

Last season he had some flashes of brilliance, but was not consistent on the offensive side. As a 3rd or 4th option, still good, though. I watched some of his highlights from his rookie season. His in the paint moves and 3-point shot both looked better than what they’ve been since he came back from meniscus surgery. I just wonder if that surgery has changed something. 

3 hours ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

Last season he had some flashes of brilliance, but was not consistent on the offensive side. As a 3rd or 4th option, still good, though. I watched some of his highlights from his rookie season. His in the paint moves and 3-point shot both looked better than what they’ve been since he came back from meniscus surgery. I just wonder if that surgery has changed something. 

Probably.  I would assume injuries always change things up.

Do  you think he looked more fluid?

Although as a rookie he was playing with Conley and Gasol.  Maybe they got him going, maybe they got him the ball in his spots.

12 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Probably.  I would assume injuries always change things up.

Do  you think he looked more fluid?

Although as a rookie he was playing with Conley and Gasol.  Maybe they got him going, maybe they got him the ball in his spots.

More fluid, and more balanced.  

20 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

What did Dillon get when he came back?

I'll save you the time.  It was 4 points.

Totally different positions 

and Zion Williamson first game back 13 points 12 revisers after 2 years off!

The point we making is the volume of shots he took, dude should have had 40 points lol 😂 😂 

but for real at least double figures

2 hours ago, The REF said:

Totally different positions 

and Zion Williamson first game back 13 points 12 revisers after 2 years off!

The point we making is the volume of shots he took, dude should have had 40 points lol 😂 😂 

but for real at least double figures

Why do different positions matter offensively?

What part of coming off injury don't you get?  After players come back there is usually a period of knocking the rust off and getting into game shape.  Give him time.

That's why you give players more than one game before critiquing their offensive production. I'm sure he'll struggle in over games over the coming weeks, but that's part of the process. Regardless, he won this game for us tonight. 

3 hours ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

So Jaren’s return was actually tonight

Pretty much

I have been one of his biggest critics here, so it gives me great joy to type some praise-

I thought it was his most mature game as a pro. he was extraordinary defensively and grabbed 5 or and 12 overall in 25 minutes. 

offensively, he was great from outside but never just settled. he was dominant going to the rim but did it with wit as well. he was the best player on the court last night. 

bravo. 

slim.