The lottery will be tomorrow night (Tuesday) and will set the draft order. We have a 1-in-250 shot of keeping the Lakers’ 1st round pick - so not likely. 

14 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

The lottery will be tomorrow night (Tuesday) and will set the draft order. We have a 1-in-250 shot of keeping the Lakers’ 1st round pick - so not likely. 

Could you imagine if we get the 11th pick?

1 hour ago, Ja_Rules said:

I have no idea who I would take — but that would be friggin’ amazing!  

Although I have a sinking suspicion that 11 and 22 and 29 and even 47 are fairly flat in terms of skill/talent/upside.  

Although having a lotto pick (even a LATE lotto pick) is infinitely more fun/buzz-worthy than NOT having a lotto pick.

And, maybe Air Twitter can tweet something CONSTRUCTIVE.  😂

1 hour ago, Ja_Rules said:

There’s at least one universe out there in the multiverse in which that 1-in-250 situation happens. Why not ours?

11 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

There’s at least one universe out there in the multiverse in which that 1-in-250 situation happens. Why not ours?

I’ve run ONE Tankathon simulation (since the regular season ended) where that happens.  

21 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

I’ve run ONE Tankathon simulation (since the regular season ended) where that happens.  

I got one now in twenty tries.

I wonder what team has the rep there? Do the Grizzlies have to have someone there as a backup rep?  Is it a Laker's guy?

There is a 1 in 250 chance that the Pelicans rep is there and doesn't have an actual pick.

If it didn't reward the Pelicans, I'd love to see the Lakers pick win the lottery, just for the meltdown on twitter from Lakers fans.

56 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I wonder what team has the rep there? Do the Grizzlies have to have someone there as a backup rep?  Is it a Laker's guy?

There is a 1 in 250 chance that the Pelicans rep is there and doesn't have an actual pick.

If it didn't reward the Pelicans, I'd love to see the Lakers pick win the lottery, just for the meltdown on twitter from Lakers fans.

1-in-250 or bust!

Odds of being struck by lightning - 1 in 500,000

Odds of being attacked by shark in US - 1 in 5,000,000

Odds of finding four leaf clover - 1 in 5,000

Odds of winning Powerball - 1 in 292,201,338

I’ve found 4-leaf clovers before, my cousin was attacked by a shark on family vacation 7 years ago in Charleston, and that couple from Munford won the Powerball several years ago   I’m feeling a little bit better about our chances.

11 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

Odds of being struck by lightning - 1 in 500,000

Odds of being attacked by shark in US - 1 in 5,000,000

Odds of finding four leaf clover - 1 in 5,000

Odds of winning Powerball - 1 in 292,201,338

I’ve found 4-leaf clovers before, my cousin was attacked by a shark on family vacation 7 years ago in Charleston, and that couple from Munford won the Powerball several years ago   I’m feeling a little bit better about our chances.

Will happen

2 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

I got one now in twenty tries.

Cool!

So the Tankathon simulation is telling us that there's a chance!

... before the trade deadline, I ran the Tankathon sim and the Pelicans ended up with 1 AND 2.  Talk about a nightmare scenario for the rest of the league!

I hope the pick falls

Was hitting the button on Tankathon for 30 minutes and couldn’t get it to fall under 10. I think it’s a wrap 🤣🤣

31 minutes ago, King Dork said:

Was hitting the button on Tankathon for 30 minutes and couldn’t get it to fall under 10. I think it’s a wrap 🤣🤣

Let Ja pick one player, give Jaren the next pick, and let Bane pick who he wants at 47.

36 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Let Ja pick one player, give Jaren the next pick, and let Bane pick who he wants at 47.

I’d advocate for this being the worst idea in the history of team sports. 

Let whoever been picking for us keep picking for us. 

22 hours ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

So Youre Saying Theres A Chance GIFs | Tenor

By this point, the ping pong balls have already selected.  They will just reveal the results.  I wonder if during any lottery, if the single number combo that is not assigned to any team, has ever been selected.  

55 minutes ago, King Dork said:

I’d advocate for this being the worst idea in the history of team sports. 

Let whoever been picking for us keep picking for us. 

The previous FO picked Jaren.  Ja was #EasyButton.  Guessing the current FO picked Bane -- wonder if it was a split decision and, if so, who made the final call.  ZW looks like an inspired pick too.  

But yeah, the players should have a say, even the Coach.  Unless it is some "no brainer" pick like Ja Morant at 2 (or in a previous year Kevin Durant at 2).

8 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

By this point, the ping pong balls have already selected.  They will just reveal the results.  I wonder if during any lottery, if the single number combo that is not assigned to any team, has ever been selected.  

My lottery prediction:
1) Houston - 4th largest TV market and one of the teams with the most balls
2) New York Knicks - Largest TV market
3) Orlando - Team needs some help
4) Detroit - Won last year, gets screwed this year
5) OKC - small market 
6) Indiana - 
7) Portland
8 ) Sacramento -
9) New Orleans (Lakers Pick)
10) San Antonio -
11) Washington - 
12) New Orleans
13) L A Clippers
14) Charlotte

Not a huge surprise but one long shot (largest TV market) gets a boost. Grizzlies lose the Lakers pick too. 😑

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

The previous FO picked Jaren.  Ja was #EasyButton.  Guessing the current FO picked Bane -- wonder if it was a split decision and, if so, who made the final call.  ZW looks like an inspired pick too.  

But yeah, the players should have a say, even the Coach.  Unless it is some "no brainer" pick like Ja Morant at 2 (or in a previous year Kevin Durant at 2).

The previous FO gets the credit for Jaren and DB but they had already been replaced as far as who Pera listened too in the draft room. Chris Makris and Tayshaun Prince ran the scouting on that draft. 

Afterwards there has been no doubt who was in charge. Tayshaun and Makris make the recommendations and the higher ups follow their recommendations. 

3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Afterwards there has been no doubt who was in charge. Tayshaun and Makris make the recommendations and the higher ups follow their recommendations. 

Good to know!

By now they probably have a pretty good idea of who they want to bring in (for workouts/interviews/medicals/etc.).

I am also assuming that Pera can offer some guidance for a particular draft strategy.  Although probably less so than other owners.  Although I would ALSO assume that Pera gets instant feedback on potential picks.  

Does Pera show up for individual private work outs?  Do owners show up for that stuff?

1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

Good to know!

By now they probably have a pretty good idea of who they want to bring in (for workouts/interviews/medicals/etc.).

I am also assuming that Pera can offer some guidance for a particular draft strategy.  Although probably less so than other owners.  Although I would ALSO assume that Pera gets instant feedback on potential picks.  

Does Pera show up for individual private work outs?  Do owners show up for that stuff?

Pera is a passionate owner but don’t confuse passion with meddling. Pera appoints people to jobs and then let’s them do it without interference.

He does get constant updates on decisions.

19 minutes ago, My man Allen said:

Why is it two Chips? Omg nooooo

My man really just added another 3 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️