Porteroso

Thanks for the Amazing Season

In the end, our youth showed. Are the dubs actually more talented? In better shape? Could they actually pull off as many regular season wins as us? We were the more consistent team all season long. 

Love this team and everyone on it. They didn't quite make it to the promised land but if we learn from this, we will contend much more seriously next year. 

5 minutes ago, Porteroso said:

In the end, our youth showed. Are the dubs actually more talented? In better shape? Could they actually pull off as many regular season wins as us? We were the more consistent team all season long. 

Love this team and everyone on it. They didn't quite make it to the promised land but if we learn from this, we will contend much more seriously next year. 

Lots to be excited about next season.  Heckuva run by the good guys!  We were youngest team in the league and without our Star player.   No shame in losing in 6.    Our designated Starting lineup (Ja Bane Brooks Jaren Adams) never played 1 minute in this series.    

We're right where we need to be. Growing, learning, finding out who's essential for a long-term playoff run and what they still lack.

Very excited to see what moves the NBA's best executive makes this summer.

Aye. I’m off that drank but I’m proud of the Grizz. Put on for the city young 🐐‘s!!!!!!

It was a wonderful season! I cant wait to see what we do next this summer!

A great season!  I must admit, I got my hopes up at the outside chance of going to  the big dance.  In the end, even with our star player injured, we gave a championship pedigree team  all they could handle.

This was the best season ever as a Grizzlies fan.

While in 2012-13 was certainly a very exciting time, and we went one step further, we weren't really a contender that season, whereas this season I believed we were capable of knocking off all the remaining teams if we were 100% healthy during this playoff season.

This team killed all the expectations placed on them at the start of the season (Vegas had the line at 41.5 wins) and the actual BB play was electrifying to watch in almost all facets of the game.

We are not that far off now from bring a legit title hope. Hard work in the offseason on our weaknesses, maybe some FA and trade action, and health to our key players, could get us there next season.

gs needs to leave it all out there this postseason because they caught some big breaks and they are old. 
we got next. 

slim. 

On 5/15/2022 at 10:36 PM, BigHunkALove said:

This was the best season ever as a Grizzlies fan.

While in 2012-13 was certainly a very exciting time, and we went one step further, we weren't really a contender that season, whereas this season I believed we were capable of knocking off all the remaining teams if we were 100% healthy during this playoff season.

This team killed all the expectations placed on them at the start of the season (Vegas had the line at 41.5 wins) and the actual BB play was electrifying to watch in almost all facets of the game.

We are not that far off now from bring a legit title hope. Hard work in the offseason on our weaknesses, maybe some FA and trade action, and health to our key players, could get us there next season.

I think we were before we traded Rudy, Speights, and Ellington.  Agree abut this season.  Hope we can do it next.

Thank You for a Great Season 56-26. Amazing Season = NBA TITLE 

Not only has it been probably the greatest Grizzlies season for me so far, but the the added bonus of the Lakers not making the playoffs and being in disarray.     And now Chris Paul eliminated.

The Grizzlies f.o. deserves a lot of the credit, and I am confident they will make the right moves to make the team even better.

3 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I think we were before we traded Rudy, Speights, and Ellington.  Agree abut this season.  Hope we can do it next.

I get what you are saying Brother, I just felt that the Spurs and Miami were a big step up. Whereas this season, looking at who is left, I feel we could have beaten all of them, as we did in the regular season.

2012-13 was an unforgettably exciting time, the way we progressed by beating the Clippers and OKC. This season was like that, but with the added excitement of our play in all facets of the game, plus a legit shot at beating them all.

It wasn't to be. As stated earlier, our normal starting 5 had 0 mins together in the GSW series. That's the cards we were dealt.

Can't wait to see if we reach our potential. But as a spectator, I really enjoyed watching the style of ball we played, and the contributions made, at various times, by almost everyone on the roster.

Finally, ESPN rated our team No.1 as the future prospect, and they are still standing by that rating. Hopefully we live up to that expectation

Here's a nice PostScript to our exit from these playoffs:

NBA Playoff Ratings Soar Thanks to Revived Warriors, Hungry Celtics

The May 1 Warriors-Grizzlies opener now stands as the most-watched second-round game in 10 years, averaging 7.71 million viewers on ABC

The six-game Memphis-Golden State series now stands as the most-watched set of the playoffs, averaging 5.92 million viewers. 

Not surprised they credit the Warriors and not the most electrifying person in sports, but we know why people want to watch.

Too bad they don't hand out a Dominique Wilkins trophy for best runner-up performance in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Hello,

As always a day late and a dollar short (that's an American expression, btw :)). Indeed thanks for an amazing season. It's been great. In the paint basketball, young and upcoming hustle team, great players, great chemistry, fantastic basketball... and thank ... all of you. It's been lovely, as an outsider from Amsterdam, to read your comments and insights. As an outsider I've felt nothing but welcome. I am a bit sad because I DO believe Memphis could have reached the Finals. I really wanted that to happen, because of a bunch of reasons. They had some bad luck, they made some mistakes. Golden State had some good luck and made some crucial smart plays. Memphis needs seasoning, some more experience. This team is going to the Finals. I have high hopes for next season.

At present I am hoping Boston faces Golden State in the Finals. I just never liked Miami. And even Boston has been quite inconsistent in the playoffs. It's not the most exciting series. Even Golden State isn't playing the best basketball, most entertaining basketball we've seen. They're playing smart ... at the right moments, usually from the 3rd qtr onwards. They are not the exciting, superb Golden State Warriors from 2015, 2016, That's yrs ago. 

I really wanted the Chicago Bulls to face Memphis in the Finals, I think it would have been the most exciting series, with both teams fully stacked and healthy. Once Chicago was out, I was kinda hoping for Boston vs Memphis. I don't like Brooklyn, or Milwaukee, just not impressed with their style of play.  When Memphis got eliminated, I was hoping Dallas would beat Phoenix, which they did. But alas, Dallas is just being outplayed, at the right moments, every single game at both ends of the court. Golden State is gonna go to the Finals again. Boston vs Miami is a hot mess, both teams just showing up one day and then phoning it in the next day. It's probably gonna go to 7 but it's gonna be pretty boring w/ games being pretty much over shortly after halftime. 

So if I ran the universe, my preference would be Golden State vs Boston and I am sorry, but it's not my fave series or teams and let's hope both teams go all out and just show off great basketball. So far, both teams have most certainly not. I think Golden State will then be the smarter team and win.

I will check in on this forum, but infrequently,. I will follow Memphis Grizzlies news... during the off season.

I wish you all a wonderful summer, off-season.

I hope to see you all again as next season starts. 

The objective is pretty straight forward: Memphis has got to get to the western conference finals.

Once there we'll see.

On 5/19/2022 at 3:49 PM, Ja_Rules said:

I miss them already. The Playoffs are not the same without them. 

then Watch Boston I feel the boston celtics are Going to win the Title

The league is dying for Boston vs Golden State. New dynasty vs Old Dynasty. Two franchises that have won at least four NBA titles and both in major TV markets. Miami is a small TV market and Dallas is dead on arrival. 

At least the NBA avoided their nightmare scenario of Memphis vs Miami/Milwaukee. Those TV markets combined are smaller than either Golden State or Boston alone. 

I haven't watched a single NBA game since the Grizzlies were eliminated.  Can't bring myself to it.  What a fun season this year was.

4 hours ago, RvL said:

Hello,

As always a day late and a dollar short (that's an American expression, btw :)). Indeed thanks for an amazing season. It's been great. In the paint basketball, young and upcoming hustle team, great players, great chemistry, fantastic basketball... and thank ... all of you. It's been lovely, as an outsider from Amsterdam, to read your comments and insights. As an outsider I've felt nothing but welcome. I am a bit sad because I DO believe Memphis could have reached the Finals. I really wanted that to happen, because of a bunch of reasons. They had some bad luck, they made some mistakes. Golden State had some good luck and made some crucial smart plays. Memphis needs seasoning, some more experience. This team is going to the Finals. I have high hopes for next season.

At present I am hoping Boston faces Golden State in the Finals. I just never liked Miami. And even Boston has been quite inconsistent in the playoffs. It's not the most exciting series. Even Golden State isn't playing the best basketball, most entertaining basketball we've seen. They're playing smart ... at the right moments, usually from the 3rd qtr onwards. They are not the exciting, superb Golden State Warriors from 2015, 2016, That's yrs ago. 

I really wanted the Chicago Bulls to face Memphis in the Finals, I think it would have been the most exciting series, with both teams fully stacked and healthy. Once Chicago was out, I was kinda hoping for Boston vs Memphis. I don't like Brooklyn, or Milwaukee, just not impressed with their style of play.  When Memphis got eliminated, I was hoping Dallas would beat Phoenix, which they did. But alas, Dallas is just being outplayed, at the right moments, every single game at both ends of the court. Golden State is gonna go to the Finals again. Boston vs Miami is a hot mess, both teams just showing up one day and then phoning it in the next day. It's probably gonna go to 7 but it's gonna be pretty boring w/ games being pretty much over shortly after halftime. 

So if I ran the universe, my preference would be Golden State vs Boston and I am sorry, but it's not my fave series or teams and let's hope both teams go all out and just show off great basketball. So far, both teams have most certainly not. I think Golden State will then be the smarter team and win.

I will check in on this forum, but infrequently,. I will follow Memphis Grizzlies news... during the off season.

I wish you all a wonderful summer, off-season.

I hope to see you all again as next season starts. 

The objective is pretty straight forward: Memphis has got to get to the western conference finals.

Once there we'll see.

Enjoyed having you. Check back in on draft night.  It can get a little crazy.  But definitely come back next season. And start planning your future vacation to Memphis to catch a game live & in person!