Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Golden State Warriors Game 6 5/12/22

1 minute ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

I think what we need to figure out is who can be our lethal playoff players.

Ja and Bane, yes. JJJ for the defense. The other 2 spots are up in the air. Dillon honestly is like a Dangelo russell type player in that he can derail the offense and even the defense at times. Need some sort of playmaking wing that can shoot (who doesn't).

Dare I say we should explore trying to get Zach Lavine? Would have to shell out a ton of money but I think we could make it work with our assets.

Honestly, GPII might not be a bad fit either. Otto Porter. Miles Bridges

I’d love Lavine, but he’d be brutally expensive and his injury history makes me reserved. He would potentially be a sweet addition though if it meant sending them Brooks and a couple of 1sts maybe.

I think they gotta figure out the C issue. I like Adams a lot but if there are entire series where he is unplayable, that’s a big issue. Jaren at center is a fouling machine and can’t really rebound as well as he should 90% of the time either. That makes Center the big issue this off-season IMO.

13 minutes ago, Lord Gordon said:

Good season but big changes have to be made

Them not being able to rebound the ball was sad to watch 

Everyone is quick to point out Jaren's immaturity but he's not a supermax.

Ja dapping Draymond at the end of a series, no problem, but that lovefest was kissupish to a dirty player. The joking around put me on the edge but this was too far. When a series ends like that and you were knocked out of it by a dirty play, you should not be all smiles with the dirtiest player in the league.

Why are the Grizzlies without their best player in the playoffs, because three years in, he has shown an unwillingness to invest in his floater and pullup. And it may be too late. If he is going to kissup to players who injure other players then I blame him for his injuries.

Jaren's injuries reduced his contract. It should be the same for Ja, especially when he is partially responsible.

6 minutes ago, tangogriz said:

Everyone is quick to point out Jaren's immaturity but he's not a supermax.

Ja dapping Draymond at the end of a series, no problem, but that lovefest was kissupish to a dirty player. The joking around put me on the edge but this was too far. When a series ends like that and you were knocked out of it by a dirty play, you should not be all smiles with the dirtiest player in the league.

Why are the Grizzlies without their best player in the playoffs, because three years in, he has shown an unwillingness to invest in his floater and pullup. And it may be too late. If he is going to kissup to players who injure other players then I blame him for his injuries.

Jaren's injuries reduced his contract. It should be the same for Ja, especially when he is partially responsible.

Go to sleep 😑

44 minutes ago, Lord Gordon said:

Good season but big changes have to be made

The can't get to the next level if changes aren't made.

8 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Go to sleep 😑

Thanks for the informative and insightful rebuke.

The Memphis Grizzlies exceeded expectations this year and congratulations. A great young team.

Having said that let's give credit to the Warriors who have had so many setbacks and still got it done, despite that.

- Kerr was out due to catching Covid

- Klay making a comeback after 2 years

- The team getting older

- Payton was hurt by Dillion Brooks, foot injury to Otto Porter Jr.

- Iguodala dealing with a nagging neck injury

- Morant out caused Warriors to have to adjust on the fly

- Had to rebound after losing by 55 points

The warriors should have won game 2 and that would have made the series 4 to 1, but it's the playoffs and tough. Memphis really made us work. But in the end, we didn't give up, despite having so many challenges. 

2 hours ago, Damandatcan said:

The Memphis Grizzlies exceeded expectations this year and congratulations. A great young team.

Having said that let's give credit to the Warriors who have had so many setbacks and still got it done, despite that.

- The team getting older

The warriors should have won game 2 and that would have made the series 4 to 1, but it's the playoffs and tough. Memphis really made us work. But in the end, we didn't give up, despite having so many challenges. 

Lol i love how you name Ja Morant being out as a hurdle the WARRIORS had to deal with.  

Just watch the replay as too busy at the moment. We play well, very well for 42 min. But rebound and some bas shooting from Tyus and JJJ did not help. Congrats to Dillon and Bane they carry the team. We leran a lot thos year. We need some samll adjustment and we will be a contender. Going after Gobert for example will make us terrific in defense, our offense is great already. Adams is too limited for a contender team and we have to consider Ja poor defense as well. But he may be too expensive.

Anyway happy to be a grizz fan and exciting to see what off season will give us.

32 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Lol i love how you name Ja Morant being out as a hurdle the WARRIORS had to deal with.  

Lol just pure gold.

3 hours ago, Damandatcan said:

- The team getting older

Don't forget the Memphis Grizzlies will Recieve the Goldstate Warriors 2024 First round Draft Pick 

I think our NBA Executive of the Year will be doing some work this offseason.

It was hard to watch us lose this series, the way we lost some of these games, but it was an education for Kleiman perhaps more than anyone else. And I'm sure he was taking lots of notes. 

We need to remember we are just at the beginning of this journey.

I concede nothing to the Warriors. There was no magic formula, no dominance in their series victory. They won mainly because they have been here before.

As far as last night's game goes, you could see in the 3rd quarter we were being lulled to sleep. We were keeping pace with them, which is exactly what a good thoroughbred makes the other horse do right before the final kick. I'm not saying this was an intentional strategy by the Dubs. I am just saying by the time we got to the 4th quarter, everyone was just trying to make the shot. No flow, no distribution. Just people trying to figure out what's going on. Bane was the only one who looked like he had a plan.

Players are the FO responsibility. I hope coach goes in the dark this offseason to learn and demand better half court execution. We cannot live and die on turnovers and fast break rebounds alone. As we saw last night, rebounding can abandon a team just as easily as 3 point shooting can.  

The media always likes to talk about the team that just hangs around with a chance to win in the 4th. That was how they described the Grizzlies last night. But the truth is, that was the game the Warriors were playing.

No matter what, this iteration of the Grizzlies were a joy to watch this entire season. Winning it all was an absolute pipe dream this year, so elimination was going to happen at some point. Our team, our star, and our chemistry captured the league's imagination, and now it's time for it to capture the league crown. Probably not next year, but I'm sure we're going to see the roster tweaks in the coming months. 

I'm sure all that will be coming in future posts, so I'll save my thoughts there for another day. All I will say now is thank you to all the Memphis Grizzlies for all that you have done to become an important part of the NBA landscape once again. Frustrations aside, which every fan will have from time to time, every one of you have my gratitude. I can't wait for us to tip it off again next year.

19 minutes ago, The Truth is OUT said:

I think our NBA Executive of the Year will be doing some work this offseason.

It was hard to watch us lose this series, the way we lost some of these games, but it was an education for Kleiman perhaps more than anyone else. And I'm sure he was taking lots of notes. 

We need to remember we are just at the beginning of this journey.

I concede nothing to the Warriors. There was no magic formula, no dominance in their series victory. They won mainly because they have been here before.

As far as last night's game goes, you could see in the 3rd quarter we were being lulled to sleep. We were keeping pace with them, which is exactly what a good thoroughbred makes the other horse do right before the final kick. I'm not saying this was an intentional strategy by the Dubs. I am just saying by the time we got to the 4th quarter, everyone was just trying to make the shot. No flow, no distribution. Just people trying to figure out what's going on. Bane was the only one who looked like he had a plan.

Players are the FO responsibility. I hope coach goes in the dark this offseason to learn and demand better half court execution. We cannot live and die on turnovers and fast break rebounds alone. As we saw last night, rebounding can abandon a team just as easily as 3 point shooting can.  

The media always likes to talk about the team that just hangs around with a chance to win in the 4th. That was how they described the Grizzlies last night. But the truth is, that was the game the Warriors were playing.

No matter what, this iteration of the Grizzlies were a joy to watch this entire season. Winning it all was an absolute pipe dream this year, so elimination was going to happen at some point. Our team, our star, and our chemistry captured the league's imagination, and now it's time for it to capture the league crown. Probably not next year, but I'm sure we're going to see the roster tweaks in the coming months. 

I'm sure all that will be coming in future posts, so I'll save my thoughts there for another day. All I will say now is thank you to all the Memphis Grizzlies for all that you have done to become an important part of the NBA landscape once again. Frustrations aside, which every fan will have from time to time, every one of you have my gratitude. I can't wait for us to tip it off again next year.

100 percent agree its sounds alot like the Bucks about 2 years ago

One thing, I feel compelled to give Andrew Wiggins some props, even though I never cared much for him in the past.   He made life difficult for the usually dependable BC in this series with his defense.  His offensive play was timely as well.  He's a much better player than he was.

After watching it back I cant help but get angry with DB. I like him, but his is stupid. He has no IQ on offense and wants to be the hero all the time. He made yesterday some of the same mistakes he did on game 4, and that is unexcusable.

5 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

They act like they will win it, I dont think so.

I am late to this debate. We had lovely weather for the 1st time in ages and Memphis lost and I was heartbroken so I decided to watch it Sunday night, way late. It's a really horrible feeling. I've seen Golden State and Steph and Klay and Draymond and KD win their championships. I really really wanted Memphis to go the Finals, I really thought it was gonna happen, but alas. I really wanted a game 7, but again, alas.

I didn't think GW played particularly well, it was a game full of odd play, errors, and just madness from the crowds.

In German you would call this angst-gegner. It means Fear Opponent, an adversary that hurt you, several times, you were not able to beat them so this becomes a goal.

Memphis played terrific basketball, all season, but in the end, game 6, in the 4th qtr, Golden State just beat them.

3 hours ago, RvL said:

Memphis played terrific basketball, all season, but in the end, game 6, in the 4th qtr, Golden State just beat them.

That’s pretty much it right there. That was their game 7 because I believe they knew they wouldn’t beat us back home in the actual game 7. They knew how to take it to another level. I think we stuck with Adams a little too long in the second half. Would’ve liked to have thrown a counter at them but I’m just Monday morning quarterbacking.