The REF

Dillon Brooks Has to Go

5 hours ago, The REF said:

Stay in the PAINT Jaren Jackson 

He does wonders in the paint

7 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Dillon aint going anywhere.  ja will never sign off on that. 

Agree. Maybe Ja can tell him to stop taking bad shots lol 

4 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

To be fair many players on the team takes bad shots. Melton takes tons of bad low BBIQ shots Melton isn't even a talented offensive player and he's taking shots with hands in his face. Ja, Bane, and JJJ have taken bad shots. Even Kyle takes bad shots. Its not just a Dillon thing.

1 hour ago, KGF said:

To be fair many players on the team takes bad shots. Melton takes tons of bad low BBIQ shots Melton isn't even a talented offensive player and he's taking shots with hands in his face. Ja, Bane, and JJJ have taken bad shots. Even Kyle takes bad shots. Its not just a Dillon thing.

Are you serious or just being argumentative? The number of bad shots taken by Dillon equals the number of bad shots of the players mentioned combined. 

14 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

never say never. if this fo is ready to take a big swing this summer…ja could be very pleased when the dust settles. 

slim. 

2 hours ago, KGF said:

im with chip. nominating this for the charmin post o the day. 

slim. 

32 minutes ago, memphis slim said:

never say never. if this fo is ready to take a big swing this summer…ja could be very pleased when the dust settles. 

slim. 

I will put it this way.  FO won't be looking to move off Dillon but they will definitely take calls. 

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I will put it this way.  FO won't be looking to move off Dillon but they will definitely take calls. 

Image result for i can see that gif

6 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

We should trade Dillon Brooks to AEW.

21 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

This is my take on it as well. Unless they can convince him that what the have planned will be much better, Ja will have to sign off.

14 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Yes, between Ja and Jaren and Jenkins they need to reel him in.

10 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I listened to Herrington on Calkins and he summed it up pretty well. I'm paraphrasing here and may butcher it but basically he said, trading Dillon is not on the F.O.'s list of goals for this off-season so he highly doubts Dillon will be traded. Obviously, if someone comes with a really good deal, they would consider it but they are not proactively seeking a Dillon trade. I'd take it a step further and say that I wouldn't be surprised if they lock him up early for an extension. Finding a player is very hard.

He went on to say that the front office's opinion of Dillon is much higher than that of the random people on the internet calling for Dillon's head.

1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I listened to Herrington on Calkins and he summed it up pretty well. I'm paraphrasing here and may butcher it but basically he said, trading Dillon is not on the F.O.'s list of goals for this off-season so he highly doubts Dillon will be traded. Obviously, if someone comes with a really good deal, they would consider it but they are not proactively seeking a Dillon trade. I'd take it a step further and say that I wouldn't be surprised if they lock him up early for an extension. Finding a player is very hard.

He went on to say that the front office's opinion of Dillon is much higher than that of the random people on the internet calling for Dillon's head.

Yea i dont think he will be moved next season.  I think how ZW develops will greatly impact if they resign Dillon or not.    

On 5/15/2022 at 9:22 PM, GrizzTigerFan said:

Bingo

6 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yea i dont think he will be moved next season.  I think how ZW develops will greatly impact if they resign Dillon or not.    

ZW gonna be starting soon

1 hour ago, grizzgolf said:

ZW gonna be starting soon

Why do you think that? What exactly has he done?

He has outperformed expectations but those expectations were that he was a horrible pick for #10 and that he would be an instant bust. I haven't seen anything from him that gives me confidence he could be a full time starter next season. His defense is not good, it got better as the season went along but overall, it's still not good. His offense is still mainly finishing passes at the rim and hitting wide open 3s. I haven't seen any evidence that he can take people of off the dribble or create his own shot or consistently hit mid range shots or find the open man, etc His offense is extremely limited. He's better when Ja is out there cause he's just deferring to Ja  and finishing alley oops but I have said before, I don't want this team to be Ja and Ja'ettes. We need some aggressive offensive players out there with Ja to help us when teams focus on Ja.

I'm not ruling out in another year or 2  (or 3) but I don't see it happening next season. He has progressed but needs to progress a lot more to be a dependable starter imo. I like, I just don't think he's ready to start next season.

The level of disrespect for Dillon showed here makes me sad, if not angry. DB was our bone and balls all the time when our young players and young FO were just raw, unexperienced, immature rookies in this league. He has always provided stamina to this team when things went wrong or fell down. He was and is a true GNG-er. The irony is that his unselfishness has basically allowed this franchise to successfully develop his replacement. 
I still think he should be traded but for another cause - he is too good for us and, consequently, too expensive. We just cannot afford his new contract. So if such trade happens, we should feel nothing but great respect and gratitude for his enormous contribution to the magical raise of this franchise.  

6 minutes ago, russian grizzly said:

The level of disrespect for Dillon showed here makes me sad, if not angry. DB was our bone and balls all the time when our young players and young FO were just raw, unexperienced, immature rookies in this league. He has always provided stamina to this team when things went wrong or fell down. He was and is a true GNG-er. The irony is that his unselfishness has basically allowed this franchise to successfully develop his replacement. 
I still think he should be traded but for another cause - he is too good for us and, consequently, too expensive. We just cannot afford his new contract. So if such trade happens, we should feel nothing but great respect and gratitude for his enormous contribution to the magical raise of this franchise.  

Dillon is not too good for this team lol a streaky inefficient scorer and a defender not quite on the all defense level. Not sure why replacing him would bother you 

24 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Dillon is not too good for this team lol a streaky inefficient scorer and a defender not quite on the all defense level. Not sure why replacing him would bother you 

I referred to his intangibles in case you haven’t noticed.

2 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Why do you think that? What exactly has he done?

He has outperformed expectations but those expectations were that he was a horrible pick for #10 and that he would be an instant bust. I haven't seen anything from him that gives me confidence he could be a full time starter next season. His defense is not good, it got better as the season went along but overall, it's still not good. His offense is still mainly finishing passes at the rim and hitting wide open 3s. I haven't seen any evidence that he can take people of off the dribble or create his own shot or consistently hit mid range shots or find the open man, etc His offense is extremely limited. He's better when Ja is out there cause he's just deferring to Ja  and finishing alley oops but I have said before, I don't want this team to be Ja and Ja'ettes. We need some aggressive offensive players out there with Ja to help us when teams focus on Ja.

I'm not ruling out in another year or 2  (or 3) but I don't see it happening next season. He has progressed but needs to progress a lot more to be a dependable starter imo. I like, I just don't think he's ready to start next season.

This is a pretty solid take right here.  Ziaire could become an important role player on this team if his defense comes around, but it seems to me that some folks' expectations are a bit unrealistic.

14 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Dillon could be an excellent 6th man. He can defend, create his own shot, has unlimited confidence (needed for a 6th man), a decent passing game and good range. His ability to create off the dribble would mesh perfectly with Melton, Tyus and BC. 

That also creates a perfect spot for ZW in the starting five. He doesn't have a need for plays run for him, he doesn't have a huge ego to shoot outside the flow of the offense. He can defend the opposing team's best wing scorer too. 

If I was in the Front Office the concept of Dillon being the 6th man is very exciting. I'd give at least a season to see how he adapts to the role before initiating trade talks. 

3 hours ago, russian grizzly said:

The grit n grind era is over and calling him an unselfish player is hilarious - refused to come off the bench he’s the biggest chucker in the league since dion waiters. 

The thing with Dillon is he only went hero ball mode when Ja was out. And we didn't have anyone else who could make it happen off the dribble like he could, so I really don't blame him for trying to take over - there was no one else on the roster that could do it when Ja went down. My real issue with him is not using his ability to get to the basket and just jacking low percentage threes instead.

People say he thinks he's MJ or whatever, and that's pretty much true when he's the best offensive playmaker we have on the court, but he respects Ja enough to rein it in and allow the #1 option to control the game. 

Maybe instead of trading our best perimeter defender, we should be bringing in more guys who can step up and get their own shot so it doesn't all fall on him and Ja.

29 minutes ago, Thomas said:

The thing with Dillon is he only went hero ball mode when Ja was out. And we didn't have anyone else who could make it happen off the dribble like he could, so I really don't blame him for trying to take over - there was no one else on the roster that could do it when Ja went down. My real issue with him is not using his ability to get to the basket and just jacking low percentage threes instead.

People say he thinks he's MJ or whatever, and that's pretty much true when he's the best offensive playmaker we have on the court, but he respects Ja enough to rein it in and allow the #1 option to control the game. 

Maybe instead of trading our best perimeter defender, we should be bringing in more guys who can step up and get their own shot so it doesn't all fall on him and Ja.

this.gif