chipc3

Golden State Warriors vs Memphis Grizzlies Game 5 5/11/22

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: 8:30 PM Wednesday, May 11

Memphis Grizzlies vs Golden State Warriors

Television: TNT

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: Growl Towels

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Starting 5

Tyus Jones Desmond Bane Dillon Brooks Jaren Jackson Steven Adams
Tyus Jones Desmond Bane Dillon Brooks Jaren Jackson Jr. Steven Adams

Warriors Starting 5

Steph Curry Klay Thompson Andrew Wiggins Jonathon Kuminga Draymond Green
Stephen Curry Klay Thompson Andrew Wiggins Jonathan Kuminga Draymond Green

Benches

Memphis GrizzliesSanti Aldama, Kyle Anderson, Brandon Clarke, Jarrett Culver, John Konchar, De'Anthony Melton, Ja Morant (INJ), Yves Pons (2), Tyrell Terry (2), Killian Tillie (INJ), Xavier Tillman, Ziaire Williams (INJ)

Golden State: Nemanja Bjelica, Chris Chiozza, Jeff Dowtin, Andre Iguodala (INJ), Damion Lee, Kevin Looney, Moses Moody, Gary Payton Jr (INJ), Jordan Poole, Otto Porter Jr, Juan Toscana-Anderson, James Wiseman

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Warriors: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Hope the Griz jump out to a big lead for this home crowd.

I don't see the game 6 thread created yet....

2 hours ago, GamesOut said:

Hope the Griz jump out to a big lead for this home crowd.

I don't see the game 6 thread created yet....

No one is stopping you from doing one...

Them admitting he’s likely “out for the Playoffs” almost seems as though they’re already admitting defeat to the Warriors. Granted that’s the most likely outcome at this point, but still sad for the organization to admit that like that.

15 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Must win.

And yeah Poole didn't injure Ja.

Great news it's just a bone bruise.

How so?  He still kneed Ja in the side of the knee. It was completely incidental. I still think we should boo Poole the entire game. 

1 minute ago, Grizzliesfan777 said:

Anyone else just going to watch this game with no expectations and use it mostly to evaluate players one final time this season?

I'm going to watch this game expecting/hoping the Grizz will win and take the series back to GS only down one.

Yesterday showed that with better game management by the coaching staff they're capable of beating them at their place, even without Ja.

It's definitly a big ask for them to win 3 in a row against a team as good and as smart as GSW., but I think it's a bit premature to completely write them off just yet. They've suprised us right through the season.

7 hours ago, MisterT said:

I'm going to watch this game expecting/hoping the Grizz will win and take the series back to GS only down one.

Yesterday showed that with better game management by the coaching staff they're capable of beating them at their place, even without Ja.

It's definitly a big ask for them to win 3 in a row against a team as good and as smart as GSW., but I think it's a bit premature to completely write them off just yet. They've suprised us right through the season.

I would say more, if someone is going to watch this game with an already defeated, summer-league like attitude, please hope over to the roster moves thread and spare us your comments in an elimination game thread.

I haven’t been able to follow the last few games as actively as I wanted due to work, but I intend to be here tonight rooting for my team.

giphy.webp

With a break here and there, we could be up 3-1.

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!...

It ain't over now, 'cause when the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'."

57 minutes ago, oldmanGrizz said:

I believe. I just hope we make all the way to a game 7, but no way we loose game 5. 

“Great moments are born from great opportunity. And that’s what you have here, tonight, boys. That’s what you’ve earned here tonight. One game. If we played ’em ten times, they might win nine. But not this game. Not tonight. Tonight, we skate with them. Tonight, we stay with them. And we shut them down because we can! Tonight, we are the greatest hockey team in the world. You were born to be hockey players. Every one of you. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time is done. It’s over. I’m sick and tired of hearing about what a great hockey team the Soviets have. Screw ’em. This is your time. Now go out there and take it.”

Remembering Herb Brooks and the Miracle on Ice. If the kids on the US Hockey Team could beat the mighty Russians, then our boys can win tonight. 

I think we can win tonight even without Ja and although that will be the last win of the season, it will provided some momentum moving forward.  Then on to the draft and summer ball.  

I expect a loss tonight, though I'm not writing anything off. What I know for sure is, our guys will fight till the finish. Regardless of the result, in my opinion this season has been a great success and, for me personally, it has been the most entertaining to date in my long Grizz fandom. This was a drastic leap forward in the trajectory of the team and we should all be very excited. Ja's injury is disappointing and, yes, we could just as easily be up 3-1 as down 3-1, but we should be thrilled about where this team is headed and we are lucky to have witnessed such a wonderful and exciting season.

Not to mention that everyone knows NBA teams grow linearly......

Year one, overperform and make the play-in and lose to the Blazers. Year two, overperform, win the play-in, lose in the first round. Year three, overperform, get to the second round, only to lose after a disappointing injury. 

As things will surely progress as they have to this point, next year we will lose in the WCF finals, lose in the Finals the year following, and naturally, we will be NBA Champions the year following that.

Don't forget to appreciate the season for what it was guys, don't view this series or the playoffs in a vacuum. The team has a very bright future.

14 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

I expect a loss tonight, though I'm not writing anything off. What I know for sure is, our guys will fight till the finish. Regardless of the result, in my opinion this season has been a great success and, for me personally, it has been the most entertaining to date in my long Grizz fandom. This was a drastic leap forward in the trajectory of the team and we should all be very excited. Ja's injury is disappointing and, yes, we could just as easily be up 3-1 as down 3-1, but we should be thrilled about where this team is headed and we are lucky to have witnessed such a wonderful and exciting season.

Not to mention that everyone knows NBA teams grow linearly......

Year one, overperform and make the play-in and lose to the Blazers. Year two, overperform, win the play-in, lose in the first round. Year three, overperform, get to the second round, only to lose after a disappointing injury. 

As things will surely progress as they have to this point, next year we will lose in the WCF finals, lose in the Finals the year following, and naturally, we will be NBA Champions the year following that.

Don't forget to appreciate the season for what it was guys, don't view this series or the playoffs in a vacuum. The team has a very bright future.

At this point, this season has exceeded my expectations.  Now that we are where we are, I will be disappointed if we don't make the Finals.  I will be disappointed if we don't make the Western Finals.  I will still consider the season on overall success, but if we lose tonight, we didn't live up to our current potential.  We are capable of making the finals this year.  We were capable of winning game 1 and game 4.  We didn't.  I know we've had obstacles with Dillon missing two games, Ja getting injured, Bane not being 100%.  That being said, we could be up 3-1 despite those things if we hadn't made costly mistakes and played up to our potential (and it wouldn't have even had to have been fullest potential - 70% potential would have worked).  

Regarding next year, winning the NBA finals is my goal.  If we lose in the Western finals next year, we will fall short of that goal.  It may be a generally successful season, but we won't reach the goal and I won't be satisfied, as I'm sure neither will the players and many other fans.  

26 minutes ago, grizz1016 said:

I have a feeling tonight’s the last game of the season. Will be watching hoping for the best.

GS is a 4.5 favorite.    However, I have a feeling that there will be a game 6 in this series.

23 hours ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

Bone bruise would come from a knee to the side of your knee.  Not from someone grabbing your knee and pulling it.  

Poole still did it, but it wasn't the pull of the knee. Their knees bumped into each other on that play, which is why he feels that discomfort immediately after that play (not the Thompson play from early in the 3rd, which was the lie being stated by many GS fans). 

Certainly wasn't on purpose, which I don't think the knee tug was either, but unfortunate all the same. 

On 5/11/2022 at 5:44 AM, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

How so?  He still kneed Ja in the side of the knee. It was completely incidental. I still think we should boo Poole the entire game. 

I do think we should Draymond, Iggy as well.... okay make it simple, just boo them all 😂

14 hours ago, oldmanGrizz said:

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!...

Wait, the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?