tangogriz

Will the NBA say a dirty play is OK?

Talk about chasing hits, Warriors aren't dirty. Yeah right.

The slomo shows that Ja had all his weight on the knee when it was grabbed and pulled. Poole is pushing on the hip and pulling on the knee. That is not addressed.

There is no basketball play here. That is the point, not the speculation that he was he injured earlier.

And the doctor is ignoring the pinch on the medial meniscus, which is a more common injury and this is a previously injured knee. I guess the good doctor's advise must be filtered through monetary concerns.

12 hours ago, tangogriz said:

I think you are wrong. Ja's weight was on both feet and the knee was flexed when Poole's knee hits. And I think the outside of Ja's knee would be sore.

At the time of what the doctor calls a "little tug," Ja was planting his right foot with all his weight and force to get out of the trap.

His knee is flexed to spring forward and gets jerked quickly out and back until it is locked. The force continued on the locked knee and Ja's ankle slightly rolls out.

A good indication that Poole began by reaching for the ball and then it became dirty, is that at the same time that he was pulling the knee with his right hand, he was pushing Ja's hip in the opposite direction with his left hand. He was pushing Ja away from him.

Ja's next step was like he had a peg-leg.

The doctor compares the "little tug" to the way he examines a knee in his office. That was a bridge too far, doc. You gave yourself away.

Imo, its a dirty play.

9 hours ago, tangogriz said:

This is not a play on the ball. You can even see the grimace on Ja's face.

If you think I'm whinning, BLOCK me.

I don't know why sharing a gif is so difficult.

Ja, because of another code, may need to delete his tweet, but I'm not likewise driven. I don't give a flip about the league and its image going forward. I only care about how the league treats my team, the Grizzlies.

If they pull a double standard on this, it will be a big black mark. I don't care if TV money is the golden goose. Sportsmanship is the goose.

"Whiner" whiners have at.

The league wants Golden State vs Phoenix in the conference finals but will accept Dallas since they have a world-wide star in Luka Doncic. Memphis, being the smallest market, is not in the picture so yes, the league will allow Poole to injure Ja and not suspend Green for pulling Brandon down by his jersey but will suspend Brooks for making an actual basketball play where Payton then got hurt.  

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

The league wants Golden State vs Phoenix in the conference finals but will accept Dallas since they have a world-wide stat in Luka Doncic. Memphis, being the smallest market, is not in the picture so yes the league will allow Poole to injure Ja and not suspend Green for pulling Brandon down by his jersey but will suspend Brooks for making an actual basketball play where Payton then got hurt.  

^ WHAT HE SAID ^

The NBA is fixed. Period. More of a circus than a sports league. All they care about is “entertainment” and in tern, money.

21 minutes ago, GTG said:

The NBA is fixed. Period. More of a circus than a sports league. All they care about is “entertainment” and in tern, money.

What a strange attitude for a business to have. The goal is to entertain and make money. Wow. What a novel concept. 

I doubt the league would be ok with Ja being injured and would probably be ok with Ja advancing. He a superstar and is assembling a cult following of young fans

1 minute ago, My man Allen said:

I doubt the league would be ok with Ja being injured and would probably be ok with Ja advancing. He a superstar and is assembling a cult following of young fans

Okay? Sure. Happy? No. 

If you believe Ja is a star along the lines of Steph Curry just count the ads tonight starring Steph compared to Ja. 

Another way to look at it: if it had been done by someone less important than Poole where would we be now? 

51 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

What a strange attitude for a business to have. The goal is to entertain and make money. Wow. What a novel concept. 

It is a problem though when they portray themselves as an equitable and fair organization where the outcome of games, seasons, and playoff series is entirely within the control of the players/teams when in fact, it’s clear the league exerts influence and control on a regular basis. The NBA picks their favorite players/teams and tries to craft outcomes in favor of them. But at the same time, they’ll insist they’re fair and treat everyone the same. 

1 minute ago, GTG said:

It is a problem though when they portray themselves as an equitable and fair organization where the outcome of games, seasons, and playoff series is entirely within the control of the players/teams when in fact, it’s clear the league exerts influence and control on a regular basis. The NBA picks their favorite players/teams and tries to craft outcomes in favor of them. But at the same time, they’ll insist they’re fair and treat everyone the same. 

Can't say you weren't warned that this is the way it is. 

See the source image

38 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Okay? Sure. Happy? No. 

If you believe Ja is a star along the lines of Steph Curry just count the ads tonight starring Steph compared to Ja. 

38 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Okay? Sure. Happy? No. 

He’s not there yet but he’s coming. Ja is the basketball face of generation z

1 hour ago, My man Allen said:

He’s not there yet but he’s coming. Ja is the basketball face of generation z

When that generation starts making business decisions then Ja will be the face and the league will push him to...move to LA or NY to play. 🤣

16 hours ago, chipc3 said:

The league wants Golden State vs Phoenix in the conference finals but will accept Dallas since they have a world-wide star in Luka Doncic. Memphis, being the smallest market, is not in the picture so yes, the league will allow Poole to injure Ja and not suspend Green for pulling Brandon down by his jersey but will suspend Brooks for making an actual basketball play where Payton then got hurt.  

Pulling a guy down by the jersey is different from whacking a guy in the head from behind. That was for sure the right call. 

Green does plenty of other things that should be fouls and techs. Running down the floor tonight for example. Grizzlies in the past have gotten Ted up for that. 

4 hours ago, Porteroso said:

Pulling a guy down by the jersey is different from whacking a guy in the head from behind. That was for sure the right call. 

Green does plenty of other things that should be fouls and techs. Running down the floor tonight for example. Grizzlies in the past have gotten Ted up for that. 

Looking at intentions, the jersey pulldown is the worst.

The Draymond blow to the face and the Dillon blow to the side of the head were similar. Although wild miscalculations, especially by Dillon, they were both attempts to block the ball. Both guys were reckless in regard to possible injury.

Draymond intended to yank Clarke from midair to the ground. That was not a miscalculation. After lying repeatedly about his hand getting caught in the jersey, he finally admitted on Inside the NBA that he did it to stop the basket and the and-one foul shot.

But the knee is on another level because the previous injury was known.

21 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I pretty much agree with all of this. Chip said it best. 

8 hours ago, Porteroso said:

Kyle Anderson got ejected for way less, and it may have cost a local weatherman his job.

On 5/10/2022 at 10:02 AM, KyleB said:

Kyle Anderson got ejected for way less, and it may have cost a local weatherman his job.

Whats the take on the weatherman in the Memphis area?

The dirtiest player in the league.

The first game GS loss to Boston was nice because in the second half,

Draymond was such a big help to Boston, 😀

bad shot, missed defensive assignments, missed free throws and terrible foul.

3 hours ago, tangogriz said:

The audacity to protest the call where he blatantly grabbed the defender's jersey to create a driving lane. It's insane how much he gets away with in terms of taunting, harassing officials, dirty plays, illegal screens, etc.

3 hours ago, tangogriz said:

Draymond is such a bum sometimes

fair02.jpg

This thread is basically about cheating. This is a slow time of year so just for laughs and infomation, I'll try to stretch it to fairness. Here's a brainy and sometimes funny take on it.

Sabine Hossenfelder has an excellent science channel on Youtube, "as simple as possible, but not any simpler."

"I'm not even that kind of player." That was Poole's defense of injuring Ja.

At the end of finals game 6 when Curry punches Smart in the nuts, its Poole on the bench that jumps up and down and celebrates most with Curry.

My guess is that intentional injury is the reason that Tatum was not himself in most of the series.

What does it doesn't matter if you have one of the most talented players in the league if the league lets dirty players f him up?

Btw, as usual, the refs ignored the GS dirty play. While the game went on around him, Smart was on his knees, and Curry, Poole and the refs reminded us all of NBA showtime.

This nail-biting nut-puncher is the best shooter in the history of the game.

Draymond likes to justify his play by bring up the old days.