Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thomas

Grizzlies sign DeMarre Carroll

The Memphis Grizzlies signed DeMarre Carroll to a multi-year contract, Grizzlies General Manager and Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Wallace announced today. Selected by the Grizzlies with the 27th overall pick in the first round of the 2009 NBA Draft, Carroll recently averaged 12.2 points, 4.8 rebounds and 1.20 steals on 58.5 percent shooting in 26.8 minutes in the 2009 NBA Summer League in Las Vegas, helping lead Memphis to a perfect 5-0 record

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/607...marre_carroll/#

I believe Carroll was the last draft pick we needed to sign (is the Young signing official yet?), so now we can focus on our backup PG situation, Rudy's extension, etc.

yep, Young and The Presence are already signed.

I'd imagine that we'll be hearing about Rudy getting offered about what we offered Josh Smith sometime soon...

I believe Carroll was the last draft pick we needed to sign (is the Young signing official yet?), so now we can focus on our backup PG situation, Rudy's extension, etc.

excellent, i like this guy. I know I say it every year but I am excited about this team.

Spodie OdieOdieOdieOdieOdieOdieOdie

Whew! Finally got that off my chest. That keeps popping up in my head every time I see it.

Glad to see Battier part Deux is officially on the team. I guess the contract issue that made him late for SL is why he was the last one to sign.

excellent, i like this guy. I know I say it every year but I am excited about this team.

No reason to be apologetic about feeling good about our team. :)

yep, Young and The Presence are already signed.

I'd imagine that we'll be hearing about Rudy getting offered about what we offered Josh Smith sometime soon...

Wonder if Rudy's extension was the reason for Hak's offer gettin snagged? to have extra cash to add to Rudy's deal without using up all the capspace.

Wonder if Rudy's extension was the reason for Hak's offer gettin snagged? to have extra cash to add to Rudy's deal without using up all the capspace.

I thought that Warrick would have been off the books after this season and Rudy's new salary wouldn't kick in until 2010-2011?

I thought that Warrick would have been off the books after this season and Rudy's new salary wouldn't kick in until 2010-2011?

You are correct.

When/if Rudy gets an extension, it will not kick in until next season.

Grizzlies.com has only announced the signing of 1 of the draft picks, and according to the current Grizzlies.com Roster:

DeMarre Carroll

Hasheem Thabeet

Sam Young**

** - Unsigned Draft Pick

Grizzlies.com has only announced the signing of 1 of the draft picks, and according to the current Grizzlies.com Roster:

DeMarre Carroll

Hasheem Thabeet

Sam Young**

** - Unsigned Draft Pick

I believe there is a bit of confusion between contracts being agreed to in principle and contracts being signed. Wallace told me Friday night that Sam Young wasn't signing his contract until he returns from a vacation this week. I assume this is true for Carroll as well but I don't know for sure. The Grizzlies aren't announcing anything until the actual contracts are signed.