chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Golden State Warriors Game 3 - 5/7/22

12 hours ago, tangogriz said:

Talk about chasing hits, Warriors aren't dirty. Yeah right.

The slomo shows that Ja had all his weight on the knee when it was grabbed and pulled. Poole is pushing on the hip and pulling on the knee. That is not addressed.

There is no basketball play here. That is the point, not the speculation that he was he injured earlier.

And the doctor is ignoring the pinch on the medial meniscus, which is a more common injury and this is a previously injured knee. I guess the good doctor's advise must be filtered through monetary concerns.

This video doesn't show it, but immediately before that "grab" Poole's right knee hits the side of Ja's knee when his feet are spread very wide in a vulnerable position.  I'd bet that was more likely when the injury occurred.

5 hours ago, Dwash said:

Jeez too much whining going on both sides.  Nobody is trying to hurt anyone seriously.  You get physical, you get aggressive then sheet happens. Its basketball.

This.

44 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

It looks to me that right at the 0:03 mark Poole's knee makes solid contact.

I think you are right, didn't see that at first. The grab might have tweaked it a little bit, but that bump certainly could have caused the discomfort. 

To me it looks like maybe Poole was goin for the ball since he had just poked it loose but then pulls back knowing Ja is getting it back and then grabs his knee in the process. It doesn't look great but that would be a reasonable doubt.

Either way **** sucks

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

That's not what happened.  Poole's knee to the side of Ja's knee prior to that is what caused it.  It was pretty easy to see.

I think you are wrong. Ja's weight was on both feet and the knee was flexed when Poole's knee hits. And I think the outside of Ja's knee would be sore.

At the time of what the doctor calls a "little tug," Ja was planting his right foot with all his weight and force to get out of the trap.

His knee is flexed to spring forward and gets jerked quickly out and back until it is locked. The force continued on the locked knee and Ja's ankle slightly rolls out.

A good indication that Poole began by reaching for the ball and then it became dirty, is that at the same time that he was pulling the knee with his right hand, he was pushing Ja's hip in the opposite direction with his left hand. He was pushing Ja away from him.

Ja's next step was like he had a peg-leg.

The doctor compares the "little tug" to the way he examines a knee in his office. That was a bridge too far, doc. You gave yourself away.

Imo, its a dirty play.

9 hours ago, Dwash said:

Jeez too much whining going on both sides.  Nobody is trying to hurt anyone seriously.  You get physical, you get aggressive then sheet happens. Its basketball.

Im with you.

Im cool with the trash talk . Hate the whining.

play ball… talk ish… enough with the campaigns for whistles.

we asked for all the smoke portions. playoffs are serving that smoke.  

lets get into it

13 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Im with you.

Im cool with the trash talk . Hate the whining.

play ball… talk ish… enough with the campaigns for whistles.

we asked for all the smoke portions. playoffs are serving that smoke.  

lets get into it

Agreed. The whining is embarrassing. Taylor needs to stop. He should be talking next man up, correct the defensive mistakes . . . , instead of this nonsense of reporting to the league. Which was never going to accomplish anything anyway. 

This is not a play on the ball. You can even see the grimace on Ja's face.

If you think I'm whinning, BLOCK me.

I don't know why sharing a gif is so difficult.

2 minutes ago, tangogriz said:

This is not a play on the ball. You can even see the grimace on Ja's face.

If you think I'm whinning, BLOCK me.

ezgif-1-226ab11a56.gif

Thinking has nothing to do with it. You are whining. Far from the only one, about half of Grizz nation is too. Embarrassing.

We are supposed to be grit n grind, not complain and whine. 

3 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Thinking has nothing to do with it. You are whining. Far from the only one, about half of Grizz nation is too. Embarrassing.

We are supposed to be grit n grind, not complain and whine. 

Thanks for the comment. Its ok with me if you think whatever you want as long as you don't claim that your thoughts trump mine.

Why do you consider my posts to be whining?

Ja, because of another code, may need to delete his tweet, but I'm not likewise driven. I don't give a flip about the league and its image going forward. I only care about how the league treats my team, the Grizzlies.

If they pull a double standard on this, it will be a big black mark. I don't care if TV money is the golden goose. Sportsmanship is the goose.

On 5/6/2022 at 12:40 PM, El Guapo said:

Does board traffic seem awfully low to anyone? I ask because I’ve had site connection issues from all the devices I have access to.

I can’t think of really anyone who normally posts not here other than Subliminal. Posting is not on summer level, but I’d characterize it as mid-season level at best. Definitely seems reduced for a 2 round series. Maybe I’m just imagining things. Just checking though.

I blame the Golden State Warriors fans. They are using their superior technical knowledge to disrupt the boards and create discontent and depression among Grizzlies fans. 

See the source image

8 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Nobody deliberately hurt Ja.  People searching too hard for something that ain't there.

Nobody deliberately hurt Gary Payton either. 

1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

True.  It was a dumb play in the heat of the moment.

What would you call Jordan Poole's play on Ja's knee then if Dillon's was "a dumb play in the heat of the moment?" 

45 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I blame the Golden State Warriors fans. They are using their superior technical knowledge to disrupt the boards and create discontent and depression among Grizzlies fans. 

See the source image

Maybe we can return the favor with some strategic package misplacements….

12 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

What would you call Jordan Poole's play on Ja's knee then if Dillon's was "a dumb play in the heat of the moment?" 

So you're saying you think it was deliberate?

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

Nobody deliberately hurt Ja.  People searching too hard for something that ain't there.

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Nobody deliberately hurt Gary Payton either. 

41 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

True.  It was a dumb play in the heat of the moment.

39 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

26 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

So you're saying you think it was deliberate?

Follow the comments here. I have never said anyone did anything deliberately. You claimed Poole's wasn't deliberate. I countered with Dillon's foul wasn't deliberate to hurt Payton (inferring that intention is unimportant in both situations). You said you agreed with me that Dillon's action wasn't deliberate but was rather a "dumb play in the heat of the moment." I then asked you how you would describe Poole's play if you described Dillon's as a "dumb play in the heat of the moment?"

At no time did I suggest I believe Poole's foul was deliberate as we have already established that neither player's actions were deliberate. So I ask you again, if Dillon's play was a "Dumb play in the heat of the moment" how would you describe Poole's play since both resulted in a player being injured and we both agree that neither play was a deliberate attempt to injure. 

37 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Follow the comments here. I have never said anyone did anything deliberately. You claimed Poole's wasn't deliberate. I countered with Dillon's foul wasn't deliberate to hurt Payton (inferring that intention is unimportant in both situations). You said you agreed with me that Dillon's action wasn't deliberate but was rather a "dumb play in the heat of the moment." I then asked you how you would describe Poole's play if you described Dillon's as a "dumb play in the heat of the moment?"

At no time did I suggest I believe Poole's foul was deliberate as we have already established that neither player's actions were deliberate. So I ask you again, if Dillon's play was a "Dumb play in the heat of the moment" how would you describe Poole's play since both resulted in a player being injured and we both agree that neither play was a deliberate attempt to injure. 

Excuse me for jumping to conclusions, but I had also never stated that Poole did anything deliberately, so I was puzzled by your question and thought that you were implying something else.

Poole's action was not intentional, IMO.  Maybe not a dumb play, just inadvertent.

19 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Agreed. The whining is embarrassing. Taylor needs to stop. He should be talking next man up, correct the defensive mistakes . . . , instead of this nonsense of reporting to the league. Which was never going to accomplish anything anyway. 

You guys are amazing. Brave and brutal. I am proud of you. And your parents should too. “Stop whining”… We are about to loosing our one and only franchise superstar, who is also to me the best BB player in the whole world, because he is clearly targeted by “golden boys”, within or beyond the rules, intentionally or not. We will fkg loose him sooner rather than later if we or his coach and teammates refuse to raise voices and stand up for him. And make no mistake, once we loose Ja, we would likely go for another ****-like life circle, which I, unlike many others here,  already witnessed for a dozen of years. And I’d prefer not to. 

15 minutes ago, russian grizzly said:

You guys are amazing. Brave and brutal. I am proud of you. And your parents should too. “Stop whining”… We are about to loosing our one and only franchise superstar, who is also to me the best BB player in the whole world, because he is clearly targeted by “golden boys”, within or beyond the rules, intentionally or not. We will fkg loose him sooner rather than later if we or his coach and teammates refuse to raise voices and stand up for him. And make no mistake, once we loose Ja, we would likely go for another ****-like life circle, which I, unlike many others here,  already witnessed for a dozen of years. And I’d prefer not to. 

I really like this take. 

I don't think the Poole 'pull' was intentional but I strongly agree that we as Grizzlies fans operating in a small market must be rabid in our defense of our players. 

It not only let's the players know we got their backs it sounds to the NBA and rest of the league that we are NOT going to be the silent few. 

We all know what happens to the silent few. 

39 minutes ago, russian grizzly said:

Ja being out for a few days with the same sore knee that he’s had since March doesn’t mean we will “loose” Ja to another team anytime soon. Relax. 

39 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Ja being out for a few days with the same sore knee that he’s had since March doesn’t mean we will “loose” Ja to another team anytime soon. Relax. 

He will be out for the rest of the postseason