chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Golden State Warriors Game 3 - 5/7/22

13 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

There is no basketball play there.

So what is it?

He is one of the primary defenders on Ja. He knows that is a previously injured knee.

3 hours ago, King Dork said:

Tyus getting cooked 

3 hours ago, Holidayinn21 said:

Kleiman has to improve the perimeter defense this offseason.

Minnesota and now GS have exposed what was a problem all year

All this!!  Now everybody is starting see what Ive been concerned about all season...

Too many weak links on this team...  Tough loss tonite and I hope Ja is okay for next game...

Tyus and Brandon:  Everyone saying, what happened to them?  Teams take away players strengths in the playoffs...  

Tyus is only good at pick n roll with a wild off balance runner..  He's a very inconsistent shooter...  He also cant guard a traffic cone..  

Brandon is only good at setting weak screens, running to the paint and sagging off his man for rebounds... giving up corner threes..  

Bane was playing really well against the Wolves but he was left wide open alot...  The Warriors are attacking his lack of length in particular his ball handling...  Oh yeah his back is hurting...

Jaren...  Wow....  Does he even study the game?  Watch other playoff series?  Jaren shot 30% from 2pt range?  Really? 

Tillman is just body that can play a little position defense in a pinch but shouldnt be in any teams rotation...

3 minutes ago, Grizzhype said:

All this!!  Now everybody is starting see what Ive been concerned about all season...

Too many weak links on this team...  Tough loss tonite and I hope Ja is okay for next game...

Tyus and Brandon:  Everyone saying, what happened to them?  Teams take away players strengths in the playoffs...  

Tyus is only good at pick n roll with a wild off balance runner..  He's a very inconsistent shooter...  He also cant guard a traffic cone..  

Brandon is only good at setting weak screens, running to the paint and sagging off his man for rebounds... giving up corner threes..  

Bane was playing really well against the Wolves but he was left wide open alot...  The Warriors are attacking his lack of length in particular his ball handling...  Oh yeah his back is hurting...

Jaren...  Wow....  Does he even study the game?  Watch other playoff series?  Jaren shot 30% from 2pt range?  Really? 

Tillman is just body that can play a little position defense in a pinch but shouldnt be in any teams rotation...

Oh my goodness. So teams have weaknesses. Whether true or not, thanks for the help.

Talk about chasing hits, Warriors aren't dirty. Yeah right.

The slomo shows that Ja had all his weight on the knee when it was grabbed and pulled. Poole is pushing on the hip and pulling on the knee. That is not addressed.

There is no basketball play here. That is the point, not the speculation that he was he injured earlier.

And the doctor is ignoring the pinch on the medial meniscus, which is a more common injury and this is a previously injured knee. I guess the good doctor's advise must be filtered through monetary concerns.

4 hours ago, tangogriz said:

Talk about chasing hits, Warriors aren't dirty. Yeah right.

The slomo shows that Ja had all his weight on the knee when it was grabbed and pulled. Poole is pushing on the hip and pulling on the knee. That is not addressed.

There is no basketball play here. That is the point, not the speculation that he was he injured earlier.

And the doctor is ignoring the pinch on the medial meniscus, which is a more common injury and this is a previously injured knee. I guess the good doctor's advise must be filtered through monetary concerns.

It was reckless! He didn’t get close to touching the ball! He followed thru on the pull! I saw the inside of his brain and he meant to do it all along!

Did I capture the entitled rage of Warriors fans/Steve Kerr yet? Oh my bad forgot 1 of the hits…

He Broke The Code!!

Feels about right now. 

Steven Adams not getting PT until the game was already decided is the first time I have questioned Coach Jenkins. Makes no sense. 

3 minutes ago, TexasRush said:

Steven Adams not getting PT until the game was already decided is the first time I have questioned Coach Jenkins. Makes no sense. 

agreed. why try to match small with probably the best team in the league in that regard..?

be us. if, all things holy willing, ja is good…start adams and let him be the security blanket for our superstar. adams can guard green as we aren’t worried about him hitting 3s or even long 2s. 

slim. 

Yeah it doesn't look like much but why did Poole grab his knee? I think he was thinking about injuring Ja, and only halfway did it. Realized after a second he didn't want to. 

2 hours ago, King Dork said:

It was reckless! He didn’t get close to touching the ball! He followed thru on the pull! I saw the inside of his brain and he meant to do it all along!

Did I capture the entitled rage of Warriors fans/Steve Kerr yet? Oh my bad forgot 1 of the hits…

He Broke The Code!!

Feels about right now. 

Ja tweeted a video of the incident and said “Broke the code” but then deleted it 

If DB’s foul warranted a 1 game suspension, then Poole should be suspended for the remainder of the series. Period. 

Jeez too much whining going on both sides.  Nobody is trying to hurt anyone seriously.  You get physical, you get aggressive then sheet happens. Its basketball.

50 minutes ago, TexasRush said:

+1

19 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Jeez too much whining going on both sides.  Nobody is trying to hurt anyone seriously.  You get physical, you get aggressive then sheet happens. Its basketball.

I watched the replay several times and it’s pretty obvious to me that wasn’t a “basketball play.” He grabs hold of Ja’s knee, braces his other hand against Ja’s hip, pulls and follows through. That doesn’t happen if you’re just trying to poke the ball away. And it was just convenient it happened the be the knee that Morant has struggled with injury in the past. 

To me, it’s pretty clear Golden State was butt hurt over DB’s F2 foul in game 2 and this was their way of enacting revenge. They waited for an opportunity and then took it. Textbook dirty play. There absolutely should be a suspension. 

27 minutes ago, GTG said:

I watched the replay several times and it’s pretty obvious to me that wasn’t a “basketball play.” He grabs hold of Ja’s knee, braces his other hand against Ja’s hip, pulls and follows through. That doesn’t happen if you’re just trying to poke the ball away. And it was just convenient it happened the be the knee that Morant has struggled with injury in the past. 

To me, it’s pretty clear Golden State was butt hurt over DB’s F2 foul in game 2 and this was their way of enacting revenge. They waited for an opportunity and then took it. Textbook dirty play. There absolutely should be a suspension. 

That’s my view, too. I hope our guys will take revenge, at least for the sake of Ja’s future in this league. He must stay untouchable; otherwise, his career might easily end any time soon after a similar “accidental” play. Maybe I am too Russian here, but securing your safety and health is a hard, sometimes unpleasant, work. 

11 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

His rebounding had not much to do with outcome tonight. They didn't really miss any shots. They only had 4 offensive rebounds on the game, so I will go as far as saying it didn't matter tonight. We even had more offensive rebounds than they did. 

Jaren's fault tonight is he wasn't able to change the game defensively like he normally does. He didn't record a block, and barely even altered any (just one that I can think of). On top of that, he did not look very good when switched out on guards, something that he's excelled at in these playoffs. 

True

10 hours ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

They hit everything, 65% from the field and 50% from 3

We couldn't stop dribble penetration at all

Only Ja showed up offensively. Was like he was alone out there

We're not getting any offensive rebounds

Hard to say about Ja's injury. He banged knees but could be more than that.

Let's not forget that the Grizzlies had a 13 point 1st quarter lead.

1 hour ago, russian grizzly said:

That’s my view, too. I hope our guys will take revenge, at least for the sake of Ja’s future in this league. He must stay untouchable; otherwise, his career might easily end any time soon after a similar “accidental” play. Maybe I am too Russian here, but securing your safety and health is a hard, sometimes unpleasant, work. 

My biggest fear with Ja is his career taking a similar path to the Derrick Rose storyline where he has superstar potential that gets smothered by injuries. 

Morant is still young and has already missed a lot of games due to injury. Obviously he hasn’t suffered a major ACL tear like Rose did but small nagging injuries can sometimes have the same effect long term.

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

The problem is the double narrative. You can’t cry “dirty play” and “broke the code” for the best part of a week and then come and say Poole’s play was A-OK.

5 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

The problem is the double narrative. You can’t cry “dirty play” and “broke the code” for the best part of a week and then come and say Poole’s play was A-OK.

Sadly though, the Warriors are the golden boys or the league and still a huge money-maker for them, so the double standard will likely still apply. Even if Memphis pushed it, I doubt anything would come down from the NBA. It’s about dollar signs for them. Same reason they tried their best to give Minnesota a fighting shot in round 1. More “entrainment” = more money = NBA’s only objective.

41 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

It’s all getting out of hand. And I don’t mean the physicality, but the pettiness. I’ve seen harder fouls in HS pickup games. Just play basketball and quit whining about every little foul breaking the code or being dirty. Both sides. And this is all Steve Kerr’s fault. He absolutely started it with the whining. 

12 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

I said "both sides" for a reason.  Somebody else whining and being soft was not a reason or excuse to do the same when I played any sport.

31 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I said "both sides" for a reason.  Somebody else whining and being soft was not a reason or excuse to do the same when I played any sport.

Amen. Taylor should not have mentioned this at all in his press conference. When you lose by 30, it just makes you look like a whiner. Bad move. 

4 hours ago, memphis slim said:

agreed. why try to match small with probably the best team in the league in that regard..?

be us. if, all things holy willing, ja is good…start adams and let him be the security blanket for our superstar. adams can guard green as we aren’t worried about him hitting 3s or even long 2s. 

slim. 

Yep. THis was the mistake every team made for 4 years, GS goes small so let's go small to match. 

Our small lineup isn't as good as theirs. We need to counteract their small lineup by going big.

16 hours ago, tangogriz said:

If you have weight on your injured knee and someone grabs it and pulls laterally, that's a problem.

That's not what happened.  Poole's knee to the side of Ja's knee prior to that is what caused it.  It was pretty easy to see.