chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Minnesota Timberwolves- Round 1

5 minutes ago, Thegoodguys said:

Just wanted to give some props to Taylor Jenkins.

Yes, Coach Jenkins made all the right moves and decisions, including lineups at the critical times.

Just watching Ant Edwards in the postgame now and man he is exactly what that franchise needs... Towns clearly is more suited to a secondary star role... Edwards is composed, confident but humble, giving props to his teammates first, hard nosed and a REAL tough guy and all around good dude... kinda reminds me of a shooting guard version of Zbo.  

4 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

One thing that no one is thinking about - if NBA expands with Seattle and another Western team (Vegas) either Memphis or Minneapolis moves to the East. 

Geographically, it should be us, but I think we fit the West better. And Minny has always felt like an East team to me.

But those are very much only rumors right now. NBA - at least publicly - isn't talking about it. Convincing owners to split revenues with 2 more teams when the league is barking about too many games as it is would be quite the feat.

5 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

One thing that no one is thinking about - if NBA expands with Seattle and another Western team (Vegas) either Memphis or Minneapolis moves to the East. 

Seattle def getting one. I don’t think Vegas is going to be getting another team though in the near future after getting 2 teams in the past few years - though I know yet another arena is being built there as we speak.

I wonder if Vancouver/Montreal are considered for a new team. 

4 minutes ago, Grizzliesfan777 said:

Seattle def getting one. I don’t think Vegas is going to be getting another team though in the near future after getting 2 teams in the past few years - though I know yet another arena is being built there as we speak.

I wonder if Vancouver/Montreal are considered for a new team. 

I hear the Oakland A's are headed to Vegas too so yeah I don't see them getting an NBA franchise too... that city isn't big enough for all four sports.  

11 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

Why not the Pelicans?  Both Memphis and NO are further east than Minny.

I think it's kind of funny how everyone keeps talking about how the Wolves lost because they are "young and inexperienced" and folded in the fourth quarter as a result.  But what seemingly none of these people realize, is that...

... The Grizzlies are EVEN YOUNGER!

2 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

I think it's kind of funny how everyone keeps talking about how the Wolves lost because they are "young and inexperienced" and folded in the fourth quarter as a result.  But what seemingly none of these people realize, is that...

... The Grizzlies are EVEN YOUNGER!

Yeah, for Memphis, it’s like a two way argument. Their youth is why they struggled until the late fourth, but the amount of poise it takes to be able to calm down and realize you are the better team, and close it out is huge too. That’s what veteran teams do. But veteran teams don’t fall behind like that. Memphis is different, and rewriting the NBA rule book. This team is special. 

11 minutes ago, The Truth is OUT said:

Geographically, it should be us, but I think we fit the West better. And Minny has always felt like an East team to me.

But those are very much only rumors right now. NBA - at least publicly - isn't talking about it. Convincing owners to split revenues with 2 more teams when the league is barking about too many games as it is would be quite the feat.

Yes, Memphis is geographically most Eastern, but I think they give it to Minnesota due to their proximity to Chicago and Milwaukee. 

Silver has talked about it, even said Vegas and Seattle would be great cities, but that it’s not on the front burner right now. Owners probably wouldn’t mind getting $166 million each for expansion fees. 

New Orleans would be the only other candidate, I just figure they are least likely. 

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

man i really hate Adams is out. 

How long is he expected to be out? 

A GREAT WIN and one hell of a series .I want to Give Minnesota Credit for having a GOOD Season and pushing our Young Grizzlies to the limit  this series gave our  memphis Grizzlies so much growth  that only can Help the grizzlies vs a very Good  Golden State team .

4 hours ago, The Truth is OUT said:

I was really hoping after that last Tyus Jones 3 someone on TV would bring up he was with Minny before he was with Memphis.

Pete did

8 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

I hear the Oakland A's are headed to Vegas too so yeah I don't see them getting an NBA franchise too... that city isn't big enough for all four sports.  

valid point, but if one particular small market could do it…..vegas is a different bird. 

slim. 

2 hours ago, memphis slim said:

valid point, but if one particular small market could do it…..vegas is a different bird. 

slim. 

Yeah, who knows. I think even if the A’s go there, it will still be a top option in the eyes of  those wanting to own an NBA team. After a $2.5 billion expansion fee, doubt they will want to build a new arena, so either an NBA ready arena, or a city that is willing to foot the bill for a new one. Cities that have arenas already are Seattle, Vancouver, San Jose, Anaheim, Kansas City, Omaha, Tulsa, St Louis, Nashville, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Montreal, Buffalo, Louisville, Raleigh, Tampa. 
San Diego is the only city I know of that is planning a new arena.  I doubt Canada will be an option. San Jose/Anaheim/Tulsa/Nashville/Louisville/Columbus/Raleigh might be too close for existing teams. Others may not be in big enough markets, or their arenas could be too old. After Seattle and Vegas, I think Kansas City could be a good option, or San Diego if they can get their stuff together for a new arena. 

What can I say. Despite being literally a bunch of kids (including FO), this team played 6th game like a cold-blood predator that just throttled its victim to death. They impressed me with their killer instinct several times during this series. And in my view, that’s arguably the most valuable skill in PO. So yes - I am fking impressed.

11 hours ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

Yes, Memphis is geographically most Eastern, but I think they give it to Minnesota due to their proximity to Chicago and Milwaukee. 

Silver has talked about it, even said Vegas and Seattle would be great cities, but that it’s not on the front burner right now. Owners probably wouldn’t mind getting $166 million each for expansion fees. 

New Orleans would be the only other candidate, I just figure they are least likely. 

Why?

1 hour ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

Yeah, who knows. I think even if the A’s go there, it will still be a top option in the eyes of  those wanting to own an NBA team. After a $2.5 billion expansion fee, doubt they will want to build a new arena, so either an NBA ready arena, or a city that is willing to foot the bill for a new one. Cities that have arenas already are Seattle, Vancouver, San Jose, Anaheim, Kansas City, Omaha, Tulsa, St Louis, Nashville, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Montreal, Buffalo, Louisville, Raleigh, Tampa. 
San Diego is the only city I know of that is planning a new arena.  I doubt Canada will be an option. San Jose/Anaheim/Tulsa/Nashville/Louisville/Columbus/Raleigh might be too close for existing teams. Others may not be in big enough markets, or their arenas could be too old. After Seattle and Vegas, I think Kansas City could be a good option, or San Diego if they can get their stuff together for a new arena. 

Lot's of money in Vegas.  They can  afford it.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

Why?

Because other than Atlanta, there’s no close Eastern teams to New Orleans. Not sure if they even want to move East. 

I really think it ends up being Minnesota. The 6 closest teams to them are all Eastern teams. 

5 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

it sucks that I haven’t been able to watch a whole lot of the games but next series I’m watching every second

Game 6 was the only 1st round game I watched from start to finish - out here on Eastern time, I get too jacked win or lose after playoff games and can't go to sleep. 

But because I'm taking it all as gravy going forward, I think I'll be able to watch the Warriors series all the way through. Plus, game one is in the afternoon...

6 hours ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

Nashville is not a candidate for NBA.  They are trying to build a dome that could also lure MLB in addition to keeping the NFL team.

37 minutes ago, The Truth is OUT said:

Game 6 was the only 1st round game I watched from start to finish - out here on Eastern time, I get too jacked win or lose after playoff games and can't go to sleep. 

But because I'm taking it all as gravy going forward, I think I'll be able to watch the Warriors series all the way through. Plus, game one is in the afternoon...

I’m in Hawaii currently so I haven’t been able to sit down and watch. No way the wife puts vacation on hold just for a Griz game but I’ll be watching for sure Sunday, I usually have only been able to catch a half