Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trent3322

David Lee expected to sign with either Grizzlies or Thunder

The addition of Lee would make for an interesting lineup:

Thabeet is expected to be an elite shot-blocker

Lee is already an elite rebounder

Gay is a freakish athlete

Mayo is a deadly sharpshooter

Conley is a speed demon

It’s as if each player has his own basketball super power.

The addition of Lee would make for an interesting lineup:

Thabeet is expected to be an elite shot-blocker

Lee is already an elite rebounder

Gay is a freakish athlete

Mayo is a deadly sharpshooter

Conley is a speed demon

It’s as if player has his own basketball super power.

captainplanet.jpg

I think Boozer staying with his contract actually gives us a better chance at getting Boozer. Utah would rather retain Millsap than Boozer, but cant afford to do both. In order to match Millsap, Utah might just be willing to trade Boozer. The only way trading Boozer helps Utah gain cap room is if they trade him to team without taking back contracts. That is where we step in.

Would Arthur and the Lakers pick be enough to get Boozer? Yeah that is a lopsided trade in our favor but the main thing the Jazz would be looking for is capspace to match Millsap. Then we get Boozer and see how he fits in with us. And Heisley is not on the hook long term and we havent had to give up much to get him. I'm probably just living in fantasy land but it's possible. I hope we at least explore that option.

I don't like that idea simply because I don't think boozer would resign after next season. He'll be chasing money. I would rather sign lee or milsap and get training camp started.

I like David Lee and would not be against him being our 4. That being said, I would still wonder if he could have the same productivity with the Grizz's system as he had under D'Antoni's system. He went from averaging 10 ppg and almost 9 rpg under Thomas to 16 ppg and almost 12 rpg under D'Antoni in 5 more MPG. Quite the increase. In comparison, Shawn Marion went from his most productive year in the Suns system under D'Antoni in 05-06 with 21 ppg and 11.8 rpg down to 13 ppg and 9 rpg with the Heat and 14 ppg and 8 rpg with the Raptors. From those numbers you have to ask yourself, " Would we would be able to count on that kind of production from Lee in this system as compared to D'Antoni's?"

I like David Lee and would not be against him being our 4. That being said, I would still wonder if he could have the same productivity with the Grizz's system as he had under D'Antoni's system. He went from averaging 10 ppg and almost 9 rpg under Thomas to 16 ppg and almost 12 rpg under D'Antoni in 5 more MPG. Quite the increase. In comparison, Shawn Marion went from his most productive year in the Suns system under D'Antoni in 05-06 with 21 ppg and 11.8 rpg down to 13 ppg and 9 rpg with the Heat and 14 ppg and 8 rpg with the Raptors. From those numbers you have to ask yourself, " Would we would be able to count on that kind of production from Lee in this system as compared to D'Antoni's?"

For starters he put up more PPG because the Knicks traded Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford while Eddy Curry and Marbury were MIA the whole year. That's their 4 leading scorers from the season before.

Here's his per 40 mpg numbers for the last 3 years:

08/09: 18.3 ppg, 13.5 rpg

07/08: 14.9 ppg, 12.3 rpg

06/07: 14.4 ppg, 13.9 rpg

His rebounds were in line with what he did 2 seasons ago and his ppg are likely a result of the Knicks losing all those scorers, so with that said I don't think D'Antoni's system had any affect on Lee's productivity

Lee is an old school kind of player.

Every championship team needs a David Lee on it.

Pmi, if this was facebook, I would click the like button on this post. I get to see a lot of lee out here, and I can't say I've ever left a game saying anything negative about the guy. He's athletic, a **** hard worker, and a smart player. I've NEVER seen him give up on a rebound. Given some time, him + thabeet + gasol = one hell of a frontcourt rotation. Not exactly star studded, but tough. And I don't know about y'all, but that's all I want down low. They would give opposing teams fits.

Pmi, if this was facebook, I would click the like button on this post. I get to see a lot of lee out here, and I can't say I've ever left a game saying anything negative about the guy. He's athletic, a **** hard worker, and a smart player. I've NEVER seen him give up on a rebound. Given some time, him + thabeet + gasol = one hell of a frontcourt rotation. Not exactly star studded, but tough. And I don't know about y'all, but that's all I want down low. They would give opposing teams fits.

I'll take your word for it.

Now let's just make it happen! B)

Thats the type of player we need. If Rudy and/or OJ become allstars and Conley and Lee just fill in their roles and Thabeet guards the rim......WATCH OUT! We would be similar to the Lakers except we don't know who our Kobe is yet but Conley just has to knock down open shots while Lee rebounds and gets his 16ppg ala Pau. Thabeet will (wishful thinking) develop a better offensive game and him and Gasol will turn into one of the best C rotations in the league.

I said all this and we don't even have Lee yet. lol FO plz make dis happen.

About an hour after midnight Ric Bucher posted on his twitter the following:

Was told Mem GM wanted to make offer to DLee. Shot down by the owner. What did CWallace do in a previous life to deserve this?

This might be a longer offseason than we even thought

Was told Mem GM wanted to make offer to DLee. Shot down by the owner. What did CWallace do in a previous life to deserve this?

Someone please buy this team!

wtf? Why?

I want to believe that he has something bigger up his sleeve but man... I just don't know. I'm one of the few people who still have a bit of faith in this franchise. Hearing things like this takes a little bit of it away. Hopefully he was just given some wrong information.

Why bother,This team is dead in the water and all the Grizzlies' fans have a big stone tied to our ankle and we might just be told to swim up stream.(I'm hoping against hope that the team will pull out of this but ....Don't forget to hold you're breath as we go under)

Maybe because the contract being talked was 65 million in 5 years, which is 13 million per year.

I wouldn't blame Heisley if he rejected that kind of contract that has extremely overpaid all over it. I really like Lee, I hope we get him, and I wouldn't care if he was overpaid, but all in all I understad, it's a five year contract, it would mix up with Gay's, Gasol's, Conley's, Mayo's and Thabeet's extensions, and might push us close to the luxury tax range.

I bet Heisley is just telling make it shorter or make it lower. 5 and 50, 3 and 39.

If the deal is $13m a year, let somebody else sign him.

Only the Thunder can. And they want Milsap. In other words, Heisley knows he doesn't have to pay that.

David Lee will be here for $9 a year or he won't be here at all. We're going to wind up setting his value just like we did for Josh Smith. Then it will be up to the Knicks, who will take the entire 7 days to decide whether or not to match.

Maybe because the contract being talked was 65 million in 5 years, which is 13 million per year.

I wouldn't blame Heisley if he rejected that kind of contract that has extremely overpaid all over it. I really like Lee, I hope we get him, and I wouldn't care if he was overpaid, but all in all I understad, it's a five year contract, it would mix up with Gay's, Gasol's, Conley's, Mayo's and Thabeet's extensions, and might push us close to the luxury tax range.

I bet Heisley is just telling make it shorter or make it lower. 5 and 50, 3 and 39.

Hope you are on the money

If the deal is $13m a year, let somebody else sign him.

Only the Thunder can. And they want Milsap. In other words, Heisley knows he doesn't have to pay that.

David Lee will be here for $9 a year or he won't be here at all. We're going to wind up setting his value just like we did for Josh Smith. Then it will be up to the Knicks, who will take the entire 7 days to decide whether or not to match.

I'm begging for you to be right.(you're new avatar is cold as ice ... truth)

I would personally like Paul Milsap or Zack Randolf over David Lee but I think Lee would be a great FA for this team at the right price. None of these guys are worth 13 mil. But 9 or 10 I can see. The truth will be told this off-season. We will truly see if Heisley is still committed to this franchise and to the city.

No one is throwing 13mil per to David Lee. Im sure CW wants to offer Lee in the 9 or 10 mil range and that is probably what Heisley turned down.

No one is throwing 13mil per to David Lee. Im sure CW wants to offer Lee in the 9 or 10 mil range and that is probably what Heisley turned down.

Yeah thats what im thinking too. There is no reason at this point to throw 13 million at anyone and Wallace knows that. The Knicks arent going to match any decent contract b/c they cant risk missing out on the big guns next year. I really fear the Randolph is the player Heisley wants b/c its such a short contract. I dont think he wants to do a 5 or 6 year deal right now.

David lee is not the guy folks.

Paul Milsap is the perfect fit on this team. He is wide bodied and strong - very physical. He can score with put backs and hustle plays. He rebounds and he brings a lot of positive energy and physicality to the team. He is also young and has a bright future ahead.

I would even take Zach Randolph over Lee. Don't get me wrong, I like Lee. He is just not the right fit on this roster.

Milsap and Gasol is a nice frontline. Lee and Gasol are too similar imo.

If we choose Randolph over Lee, I really will not know what to make of it. That would just be outright idiotic. Zbo is a good basketball player who loses. We don't need that. He's selfish. We don't need that. There are certain players like him who just always end up on losing teams, and you dont know what it is, but it just happens, and we don't need him. Did i mention we don't need him?