Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Ukraine Situation

I don't know if anyone pays attention to this Off Topic thread but if anyone reading this is from the Ukraine you should know that we are supporting the Ukrainian people in their struggles against the unjust attack by Russia. 

See the source image

See the source image

On 3/8/2022 at 10:58 AM, chipc3 said:

I don't know if anyone pays attention to this Off Topic thread but if anyone reading this is from the Ukraine you should know that we are supporting the Ukrainian people in their struggles against the unjust attack by Russia. 

See the source image

See the source image

There has been a war since 2014. Where have you been bro? 

On 3/12/2022 at 4:06 PM, russian grizzly said:

There has been a war since 2014. Where have you been bro? 

Not according to Putin. HE said this is a special military operation. 

I agree that Russian started aggressions against the Ukrainian people back in 2014 when they annexed Crimea but what is happening now is different despite what Putin would have the Russian people believe. 

So I will repeat myself, if anyone reading this is from the Ukraine you should know that we are supporting the Ukrainian people in their struggles against the unjust attack by Russia. 

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Not according to Putin. HE said this is a special military operation. 

I agree that Russian started aggressions against the Ukrainian people back in 2014 when they annexed Crimea but what is happening now is different despite what Putin would have the Russian people believe. 

So I will repeat myself, if anyone reading this is from the Ukraine you should know that we are supporting the Ukrainian people in their struggles against the unjust attack by Russia. 

Man, I suggest you do some basic research. The war in Ukraine started in 2014 with an undemocratic coup. Since then more than 12,000 Ukrainians were killed by a new regime. Do you approve their deaths? If not, why didn’t you stand up for them? Their lives have less value for you? Why?

PS This war is nothing but a horrific TRAGEDY that could be easily avoided if people actually cared and did their basic research. 

On 3/14/2022 at 6:14 PM, russian grizzly said:

Man, I suggest you do some basic research. The war in Ukraine started in 2014 with an undemocratic coup. Since then more than 12,000 Ukrainians were killed by a new regime. Do you approve their deaths? If not, why didn’t you stand up for them? Their lives have less value for you? Why?

PS This war is nothing but a horrific TRAGEDY that could be easily avoided if people actually cared and did their basic research. 

The "undemocratic coup" as you call it happened when the tool of the Russian government went against the people's desire to join the EU and NATO. He was removed from office and fled to Russia where he has since likely been instrumental in convincing people that the Ukrainians are attacking their own citizens when in fact Russia has been arming the militants in eastern most territories. 

Get off of Pravda and listen to the free press if you want to know the truth. What Putin is claiming are lies. 

Race

Religion

Politics

Technically, off topic yes , BUT real slippery slopes… 

nobody is going to change anybody’s beliefs with a few posts on a messageboard.

so far you guys have been civil but still…

think i’m about to pull the plug…

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

The "undemocratic coup" as you call it happened when the tool of the Russian government went against the people's desire to join the EU and NATO. He was removed from office and fled to Russia where he has since likely been instrumental in convincing people that the Ukrainians are attacking their own citizens when in fact Russia has been arming the militants in eastern most territories. 

Get off of Pravda and listen to the free press if you want to know the truth. What Putin is claiming are lies. 

Bro, I have my family and friends live in all those countries directly involved. Don’t tell me what is true. Be humble and ask questions.

Let’s start with basics: was the duly elected President of Ukraine removed from the office in 2014 democratically? 

2 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Race

Religion

Politics

Technically, off topic yes , BUT real slippery slopes… 

nobody is going to change anybody’s beliefs with a few posts on a messageboard.

so far you guys have been civil but still…

think i’m about to pull the plug…

You are right, though we have been good so far. We are the Grizzlies brothers first. Let us talk. 

On 3/8/2022 at 9:58 AM, chipc3 said:

See the source image

See the source image

I support the people of Russia and Ukraine.  I support the people of United States, China, Australia, Nigeria, Brazil, etc...  But pretty much all of the Gov't Authorities of majority of all nations can kick rocks.    We are in a propaganda war - i have no idea how anyone can take anything they see on any national broadcast at face value.    Just my 2cents ( I am backing away now @10SC-2-TOKYO )

Here is an excellent piece on the history of the Russia-Ukraine issues. 

Russia’s War in Ukraine: Identity, History, and Conflict | Center for Strategic and International Studies (csis.org)

I am sure not everyone will agree with their perspective but I felt it was generally in depth, very detailed and allows people to make an informed decision on what is happening in the Ukraine. 

There is an excellent documentary about the Ukrainian revolt in 2013-14 on Netflix called "Winter on Fire: Ukraine's Fight for Freedom" that everyone should watch as well. It documents what Russian Grizzly has been implying was an "undemocratic coup" of the Government. It explains the issues that created the revolt and how the people of the Ukraine, not the military or political leaders, refused their leaders attempts to undermine their vote. 

It's a documentary so, as Russian Grizzly suggested, do your research and learn the issues. 

On 5/26/2022 at 1:47 PM, chipc3 said:

There is an excellent documentary about the Ukrainian revolt in 2013-14 on Netflix called "Winter on Fire: Ukraine's Fight for Freedom" that everyone should watch as well. It documents what Russian Grizzly has been implying was an "undemocratic coup" of the Government. It explains the issues that created the revolt and how the people of the Ukraine, not the military or political leaders, refused their leaders attempts to undermine their vote. 

It's a documentary so, as Russian Grizzly suggested, do your research and learn the issues. 

Netflix is a mainstream channel, so it belongs to the same narrative you listen 24/7, intentionally or not, from any media source around you. If you want to go outside, there is no other way but to take a “red pill”. But I strongly advise to think twice before you do that - there is no way back - to the very comfortable fairytail full of certainty that you are always on the right side in a large crowd of very good people standing firmly against everything bad. Once you lose that feeling, you will never find comfort again and will stay forever out of the Matrix in a quite unpleasant environment which is called a real world. 

On 7/7/2022 at 11:10 AM, russian grizzly said:

https://www.alternativeradio.org/products/meaj001/

That is a very comprehensive, well-thoughtful observation presented by John Mearsheimer - the R. Wendell Harrison Distinguished Service Professor in the Political Science Department at the University of Chicago. 

To Mearsheimer, dictatorships and democracies are just labels for the players in the power game. Citizen rights and pervasive corruption should not be considered.

I didn't listen to this one because I've seen some of his Youtube lectures. He is the power politics prof. who said that Putin was not stupid and would not invade Ukraine.

On 7/7/2022 at 11:10 AM, russian grizzly said:

https://www.alternativeradio.org/products/meaj001/

That is a very comprehensive, well-thoughtful observation presented by John Mearsheimer - the R. Wendell Harrison Distinguished Service Professor in the Political Science Department at the University of Chicago. 

Here is a free version for those unwilling to pay $5 for the lecture.

He doesn't start to talk until the 10:40 mark so you can jump to that moment to hear him speak. 

His primary position is that the US is primarily responsible for the Ukraine War because they allowed, actually encouraged, Ukraine to join NATO. Putin saw this as an existential threat to Russia's self-interest and therefore justified his invading an independent country.

I'm sorry but that is ridiculous. Ukraine is an independent country. It is not run by Nazis. Its people were not committing war atrocities. If Ukraine wanted to join NATO, who is Russia to say they can't under penalty of invasion? I believe the professor is wrong in his view that Putin, while stating he had no problem with Ukraine being independent, could not make decisions for themselves in who they want to be allied with. 

That is just my opinion. 

On 7/27/2022 at 9:44 AM, chipc3 said:

Here is a free version for those unwilling to pay $5 for the lecture.

He doesn't start to talk until the 10:40 mark so you can jump to that moment to hear him speak. 

His primary position is that the US is primarily responsible for the Ukraine War because they allowed, actually encouraged, Ukraine to join NATO. Putin saw this as an existential threat to Russia's self-interest and therefore justified his invading an independent country.

I'm sorry but that is ridiculous. Ukraine is an independent country. It is not run by Nazis. Its people were not committing war atrocities. If Ukraine wanted to join NATO, who is Russia to say they can't under penalty of invasion? I believe the professor is wrong in his view that Putin, while stating he had no problem with Ukraine being independent, could not make decisions for themselves in who they want to be allied with. 

That is just my opinion. 

Our opinion is hardly matter.