1 minute ago, srmjr23 said:

Congrats to Ja and the Grizzlies. Well deserved. Side note: how is Andrew Wiggins a starter?

The whole SF Oakland base were voting Warriors for the whole starting 5.

Thompson had nearly 500K votes before he even played a single game lol

1 minute ago, BigHunkALove said:

The whole SF Oakland base were voting Warriors for the whole starting 5.

Thompson had nearly 500K votes before he even played a single game lol

Not this Bay Area resident, I'll tell you that. Such an obnoxious group of fans. I understand the NBA wants to engage the fans and have them vote, but its so flawed. Their votes need to be weighted lower.

Not this Bay Area resident, I'll tell you that. Such an obnoxious group of fans. I understand the NBA wants to engage the fans and have them vote, but its so flawed. Their votes need to be weighted lower.

?

Wiggins making it as a starter is a joke…until you realize there aren’t any other front court dudes who should make it and he’s probably all that’s left. 

1 minute ago, King Dork said:

Wiggins making it as a starter is a joke…until you realize there aren’t any other front court dudes who should make it and he’s probably all that’s left. 

Perhaps. Well, then it's about time we remove position based all-star voting, in addition to weighting the fan voting much lower

7 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

The media vote was supposed to correct any ridiculousness by the fans, but obviously didn’t work. 

Congrats Ja!

6 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

Perhaps. Well, then it's about time we remove position based all-star voting, in addition to weighting the fan voting much lower

There’s always a weak position in the league. I think Wiggins making it is more a function of Kawhi and Paul George being hurt than needing to change how ALLSTAR starters are selected. 

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

This board was right the whole time, Andrew Wiggins is an all-star!!!

Not this board. Me. I was right ???

1 minute ago, King Dork said:

There’s always a weak position in the league. I think Wiggins making it is more a function of Kawhi and Paul George being hurt than needing to change how ALLSTAR starters are selected. 

I've always felt the voting should be positionless, irrespective of this Wiggins vote. To each their own.

I’m low key glad that the game is in Cleveland… less off court distractions… and it’s cold outside so the focus can be on entertaining the fans , inside, that appreciate their all-star performances thus far.

42 minutes ago, King Dork said:

Puhlease, 26 games of PG 13 was better than 44 games of Wiggins.  Then KAT, Gobert, AD, definetely more valuable frontcourt guys out there.  Dont make excuses for this foolery.

It's great for him but when you got Wiggins getting the nod over Doncic or George clearly it means jack****

38 minutes ago, Thomas said:

This board was right the whole time, Andrew Wiggins is an all-star!!!

37 minutes ago, King Dork said:

?????

30 minutes ago, King Dork said:

Wiggins is a strong case study about how team culture and role can make or break a player. This may be a theme in the coming years as teams see this pattern continue. 

All-star voting really is a joke though. This stuff has real implications with these guys' future contracts etc so not really sure why they keep allowing this to happen. I remember when Yao Ming was voted in despite being out for the entire season in 2011 lol.

Wiggins is arguably one of the best SF in the western conference that is actually playing games right now, sounds weird to say but it is pretty true. And he's playing on one of the best teams in the league. PG13 and Kawhi are out, Booker and Luka are listed as guards, you could make the case for Anthony Edwards, but team record does play a role as well. Lebron is a PF now. Honestly if Dillon would've been healthy all year he could've had a shot at being an all star. 

Now, Luka should've been a starter over him no doubt, but he's listed as a guard, and I believe firmly that Ja should be ahead of Luka. Oh well, congrats to Ja though, much deserved.