bhoyal

17% from three? Can we have our players back now?

Tyus, Bane, Slo-Mo, etc....  Can we have them back now?  Please.

I understand Brooks is a couple of weeks out.  It happens.  But the other guys need to clear protocols and get back.  Soon.

It's funny how different protocals between sports are. NFL they can be back in less than a week.

8 minutes ago, kevofrommempho said:

We miss Bane most of all.

Image result for Bane gif

32 minutes ago, russian grizzly said:

This COVID BS has been pretty annoying. Though, not as much as the idiots who help keeping it alive against any common sense. 

Seems to me that if our guys weren't really sick they could find some negative test results and be cleared to play. The fact that they aren't doing that suggests they are really ill. Those "idiots" you are referring to may have been teammates with the guys who are out now. 

9 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Seems to me that if our guys weren't really sick they could find some negative test results and be cleared to play. The fact that they aren't doing that suggests they are really ill. Those "idiots" you are referring to may have been teammates with the guys who are out now. 

I think they will play on Wednesday. Grizzlies PR first listed Kyle, Des, and BC out with H&S on Jan 18th. 6 days out is today. We don't play until Wednesday, so that is the first game they would be eligible. Fingers crossed.

2 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

I think they will play on Wednesday. Grizzlies PR first listed Kyle, Des, and BC out with H&S on Jan 18th. 6 days out is today. We don't play until Wednesday, so that is the first game they would be eligible. Fingers crossed.

I hope you are correct. If they did get sick they will need to have negative test results before being allowed back and then they need to get their strength back as well. If they weren't sick they could be back much sooner. I know Jenkins said he was sick. 

4 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I hope you are correct. If they did get sick they will need to have negative test results before being allowed back and then they need to get their strength back as well. If they weren't sick they could be back much sooner. I know Jenkins said he was sick. 

All true, I'm assuming no symptoms. Kyle seems stir crazy.

2 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

All true, I'm assuming no symptoms. Kyle seems stir crazy.

He just tweeted this at 3:38 today:

Just seen a great blue heron in my backyard son was beautiful

Don't know if that means he is in Memphis but it doesn't sound like he's in San Antonio. 

1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

Don't know if that means he is in Memphis but it doesn't sound like he's in San Antonio. 

Did we fly on to San Antonio or come home? 

Just now, The J Crew said:

Did we fly on to San Antonio or come home? 

I'd expect the team to fly to San Antonio to minimize the travel fatigue. It's probably cheaper to put them up in a nice hotel than to fly them from Dallas to Memphis and then to San Antonio too. 

1 hour ago, russian grizzly said:

This COVID BS has been pretty annoying. Though, not as much as the idiots who help keeping it alive against any common sense. 

Is that so?

Russia has confirmed 11,173,300 cases of coronavirus and 326,767 deaths, according to the RUSSIAN national coronavirus information center. Russia’s total excess fatality count since the start of the coronavirus pandemic is at least 929,000.

Updated: 9 hours ago

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/01/24/coronavirus-in-russia-the-latest-news-jan-24-a69117

35 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Is that so?

Russia has confirmed 11,173,300 cases of coronavirus and 326,767 deaths, according to the RUSSIAN national coronavirus information center. Russia’s total excess fatality count since the start of the coronavirus pandemic is at least 929,000.

Updated: 9 hours ago

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/01/24/coronavirus-in-russia-the-latest-news-jan-24-a69117

That is so everywhere, not just the USA or Russia, in case you haven’t noticed for some unknown reasons... 

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Don’t get me started on the idiots topic. They don’t deserve it. 

I hope I can bring it back to being basketball-related. Just think that in all pro sports when you're being paid more in a day than many people earn in a year, you have an extraordinary responsibility to make sure you're available to play as often as possible. So maybe skip the crowded parties at virus time, but also drop the hobbies - the rodeo, the ATV racing, whatever. Your career will be over soon enough and a 40-year-old multi-millionaire can have a LOT of fun. 

With so many guys out, it has basically just been The Ja Show with special guest appearances by Jaren, Melton, Adams, ZW8, Point Culver gags, a random Konchar cameo, plus the Stretch 4's Who Can't Shoot House Show Band.

5 hours ago, chipc3 said:

He could always travel to SA individually to meet up with the team tomorrow, but I have a feeling maybe they told the three to be ready to go on Friday. 

2 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

He could always travel to SA individually to meet up with the team tomorrow, but I have a feeling maybe they told the three to be ready to go on Friday. 

Look at the Sprouts game thread.

Of concern is that there are 33 games remaining now, and I'm guessing the return will be a bit disruptive, especially if Tyus and Ja start playing more minutes together or if Konchar stays in rotation.  I am a bit concerned about adding Dillon back in after his hiatus.

14 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Of concern is that there are 33 games remaining now, and I'm guessing the return will be a bit disruptive, especially if Tyus and Ja start playing more minutes together or if Konchar stays in rotation.  I am a bit concerned about adding Dillon back in after his hiatus.

Once we get closer to "full strength" I wonder if we "load manage" either Ja or Jaren (or both) for a game or 2.  They are gassed.  Carrying so much of the load.  

Maybe once Tyus comes back and settles in, we can give Ja a day off -- maybe once BEFORE the All Star Break then once AFTER the All Star Break.  Same with Jaren.  Maybe even give Ja/Jaren the day off at the same time -- then we can see how the rest of our core/rotation/deep depth guys hold up.