Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Memphissippi

"Blake Griffin. Please, get Blake Griffin" ~ OJ MAYO

My lil bro bought home a magazine that caught my interest since it had OJ mayo on the cover. Inside was an interview.

When asked If you were Michael Heisley, what would you do this offseason?

he said We need a low post player who can score really well

the next question asked who should we draft and he responded Blake Griffin.

As much as I want Rubio I want Blake Griffin more. Rubio is a great player but does he fit in our 3YP?

also interview found here

http://issuu.com/memphissport/docs/issue18

Interview starts at page 30 (dont worry its flash)

If OJ wants bg then we should try to get him even if we have to give up rudy

Mayo is not the Memphis GM, especially after 1 year here...

As soon as O.J. gets a pass thrown to him by Rubio, he will regret saying this.

I doubt it...he's probably imagining Gasol coming down with the defensive rebound, he passes it to Mike who dishes it to OJ while OJ has either Blake or Rudy streaming down the court for the lob.

I doubt it...he's probably imagining Gasol coming down with the defensive rebound, he passes it to Mike who dishes it to OJ while OJ has either Blake or Rudy streaming down the court for the lob.

Well he can forget about that dream. If Memphis trades up for BG, Rudy is as good as gone.

If the clippers are high on rubio they might rather have rubio over griffin so we might only have to trade 2nd pick 27th pick and arthur

I think OJ so hooked on being a pg. I believe when he see Rubio that will cool everything off. I think OJ hopes we get someone from the FA market.

I think OJ so hooked on being a pg. I believe when he see Rubio that will cool everything off. I think OJ hopes we get someone from the FA market.

:lol::lol::lol:

If the clippers are high on rubio they might rather have rubio over griffin so we might only have to trade 2nd pick 27th pick and arthur

Or, who knows, we may only have to give them five minutes of our time while we wait for them to select Rubio with the first pick. Then all of this discussion would be pointless. Let's hope for that!

OJ AND MIKE CONLEY ARE BEST FRIENDS SO OJ DOES NOT WANT RUBIO 2 TAKE HIS JOB PLUS OJ AND BG ARE GOOD FRIENDS ALSO THEY NEW EACH OTHER SINCE HIGHSCHOOL

I have a copy of this mag. I think that OJ, like the rest of us, just wants a dominant big man. I don't think he cares if it's Blake or not.

If OJ wants bg then we should try to get him even if we have to give up rudy

Really? Just because OJ says so? He hasn't earned that type of power.

I think that OJ, like the rest of us, just wants a dominant big man. I don't think he cares if it's Blake or not.

I would tend to agree. I'm pretty sure if you ask almost anyone on this team(well, maybe not Marc or DA) who to draft they will say Blake Griffin for no other reason than the team needs a dominant post player. There's nothing groundbreaking or earth-shattering here and OJ is no GM so I could care less what he thinks the team needs. He could be traded just like everybody else on this team.

I would tend to agree. I'm pretty sure if you ask almost anyone on this team(well, maybe not Marc or DA) who to draft they will say Blake Griffin for no other reason than the team needs a dominant post player. There's nothing groundbreaking or earth-shattering here and OJ is no GM so I could care less what he thinks the team needs. He could be traded just like everybody else on this team.

Whoa! Blasphemy! Heresy! Trade OJ?!! You'll get cursed for even having the thought. ;)

Funny, ain't it, how no one ever thinks about that.

I really would rather not trade any of our guys right now. I don't see us getting equal value in any of the scenarios I have seen proposed. Rudy plus the number 2 is definitely a very bad idea. One proven quality player and potentially another for an unproven guy would get us laughed at in the media as much as the Pau trade. Blake Griffin is not LeBron after all. I say take what we can get in the draft and any free agent signings that will help our bench and be patient and wait for the opportunity for that PF we are all dying to get. If a good trade presents itself, not some rape by some team looking for a Pau type deal, fine, go ahead with it.

Or, who knows, we may only have to give them five minutes of our time while we wait for them to select Rubio with the first pick. Then all of this discussion would be pointless. Let's hope for that!

why would they do that knowing they could get rubio and others for BG

I really would rather not trade any of our guys right now. I don't see us getting equal value in any of the scenarios I have seen proposed.

I agree. My point is no one is untouchable but in reality, I seriously doubt if the "right" deal would come along for Rudy or OJ or Conley or Marc so there's no need in even thinking about trading any of them. We need to stick with these 4 players and build our bench. If we get Griffin, fine. If we get Rubio, great, I don't think we should immediately get rid of Conley thougH, i like the idea of letting them battle it out but I would pursue dangling Rubio to see what we could get and see if we could build our depth.

so now you want to kill me?

Not at all. I was just trying to say that he was being sarcastic with that post.