chipc3

What Should The Grizzlies Do?

What should the Grizzlies do with all the jerseys turned in by the kids before last night's game? I was thinking a bonfire party on Beale St before the MLK Day game but maybe someone else has a better idea...

43 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

What should the Grizzlies do with all the jerseys turned in by the kids before last night's game? I was thinking a bonfire party on Beale St before the MLK Day game but maybe someone else has a better idea...

First they should remove older Gizzlies’ jerseys off the pile. I mean, burning a Memphis jersey is not ok, even if it’s Parsons’.

26 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

First they should remove older Gizzlies’ jerseys off the pile. I mean, burning a Memphis jersey is not ok, even if it’s Parsons’.

I think I saw someone turning in a Penny - Orlando Magic jersey.  That's ok to burn isn't it?

9 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Donate to shelters in the non-Memphis cities named on the shirts.  

This.

And they could do a matching donation to Memphis shelters so it doesn't look like the effort doesn't benefit the city.

On 1/14/2022 at 8:45 AM, chipc3 said:

Bonfire party is best idea.

Pull out any Grizzlies, Memphis Tigers players jerseys like Penny, Rose, or even a Gasol or Conley jerseys from other teams.

Then separate all Lakers jerseys into a separate pile.

Add gas and burn all the remaining jerseys.  Send the ashes down the Mississippi to Zion in New Orleans to send a message.

For the Lakers jerseys, gasoline, burn, and then allow season ticket holders to pee on them (in a dignified season ticket holder type of way, of course).

Recycle the old Grizzles jerseys. 

3 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Bonfire party is best idea.

Pull out any Grizzlies, Memphis Tigers players jerseys like Penny, Rose, or even a Gasol or Conley jerseys from other teams.

Then separate all Lakers jerseys into a separate pile.

Add gas and burn all the remaining jerseys.  Send the ashes down the Mississippi to Zion in New Orleans to send a message.

For the Lakers jerseys, gasoline, burn, and then allow season ticket holders to pee on them (in a dignified season ticket holder type of way, of course).

Recycle the old Grizzles jerseys. 

Penny/Rose/Lorenzen Wright and Memphis/Memphis State Tigers jersey give aways at Memphis Tigers basketball games.

Burning a Grizzlies jersey OR anyone that USED to play for EITHER the Memphis Grizzlies OR the Memphis Tigers should be against the law within the confines of the 901 area code.

Donate Trae Young jerseys to the Big 12.  Memphis Tigers NEED to get into that conference!

SELL LeBron jerseys because he SELLS OUT teams.

Memphis Tigers should probably do a jersey swap night too:  trade in your Golden State jersey and get a FREE, NEW Memphis State jersey!

Donate Zion Williamson jerseys to local donut stores.

7 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

This.

And they could do a matching donation to Memphis shelters so it doesn't look like the effort doesn't benefit the city.

Great minds think alike!!

16 hours ago, bhoyal said:

Donate to shelters in the non-Memphis cities named on the shirts.  

Perfect