BigHunkALove

Team Hero Grizzlies v Timberwolves 01/13/2022

1 minute ago, Rdk4121 said:

I think he's a true position less player. He'll defend anyone you tell him to, he'll fill whatever role you need on offense, he'll rebound like a center on both ends. He'll even switch his role on each possession. He's just a ball player

Who was saying the Grizzlies needed to bench/trade Konchar and let Culver get his minutes earlier in the season??? Does anyone remember who was saying that? 
Image result for who could it be gif

6 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Who was saying the Grizzlies needed to bench/trade Konchar and let Culver get his minutes earlier in the season??? Does anyone remember who was saying that? 
Image result for who could it be gif

True, he said it. But he has atoned for his sins. 

28 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I think he's a true position less player. He'll defend anyone you tell him to, he'll fill whatever role you need on offense, he'll rebound like a center on both ends. He'll even switch his role on each possession. He's just a ball player

A few games ago we started Ja/Konchar/Bane on the perimeter (before Konchar went out) and I thought we looked really good.

Let's see if that continues to work.

Ja/Konchar SHOULD work as a back court (Bane/ZW8 as the wing rotation).

I have always thought that Konchar could be the John Paxson to Ja's MJ.

Tyus/Melton/ZW/BC still leaves you with a good bench mob foundation (until some of our other guys get back).  With those 4 maybe use Tillie as a stretch 4/stretch 5.  

My support of being patient with the development of Aldama and ZW8 earlier this season has now officially cancelled out my approval of Wade Baldwin being drafted.  For basketball.  I still think Baldwin should have tried out for pro football as a wide-out.  He had the tools physically to pull it off.

If could shoot the ball...sort of looks like a present Grizz small forward, no?

wade-baldwin-iv-9def74789f3b90c8.jpg

10 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

My support of being patient with the development of Aldama and ZW8 earlier this season has now officially cancelled out my approval of Wade Baldwin being drafted.  For basketball.  I still think Baldwin should have tried out for pro football as a wide-out.  He had the tools physically to pull it off.

I looked him up the other day.  Also looked up MarShon Brooks (I think Brooks is in China).  Heck, bring him in!  Or... Ivan Rabb.  Flip a coin between Thabeet (Taiwan league?) and Jarrel Martin!

I was never sold on the Mickey/Martin duo when they were at LSU.  I saw them play against Vandy and was not blown away.

For SEC-west forwards of that era, I liked JaMychal Green more.

55 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Image result for you think so gif

2 hours ago, bhoyal said:

What a wonderful pick!  Could have had Siakam, Brogdon, Zubac, or Dejountae Murray

1 minute ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

What a wonderful pick!  Could have had Siakam, Brogdon, Zubac, or Dejountae Murray

John Hollinger/Chris Wallace special there. 

3 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I figured.  We selected Wang Zhelin that year in the 2nd round.  I don't think he's ever left China.  We sent the rights for him over to the Lakers in that Gasol trade this past pre-season.  

Just now, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

Were they the brain trust behind the K Love/Mike Miller/Cardinal/Jason Collins trade for OJ Mayo/Walker/Jaric/Buckner too?

Image result for nope GIF

That was years before Hollinger came to Memphis. That was Chris' call all by himself. 

37 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Siakam?  Don't get me started.  His brother James played at Vandy and that genius Kevin Stallings wouldn't offer Pascal.

But Stallings' son did win a Gold Glove in MLB baseball last season!!  WOO-HOO!!