chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Denver Nuggets - 1/21/22

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Memphis Grizzlies vs Denver Nuggets

Date/Time: Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Television: NBALP | Bally SportsSouth

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: 

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Starting 5

Ja Morant  De'Anthony Melton Ziaire Willims Jaren Jackson Steven Adams
1629630.png De'Anthony Melton Ziaire Williams Jaren Jackson Jr. Steven Adams

Nuggets Starting 5

Monte Morris Will Barton JaMychal Green  Aaron Gordon Nikola Jokic
Monte Morris Will Barton JaMychal Green Aaron Gordon 203999.png

Benches

Memphis: Santi Aldama, Kyle Anderson HSP), Desmond Bane (HSP), Dillon Brooks (INJ), Brandon Clarke, Jarrett Culver, Tyus Jones, John Konchar, Dakota Mathias (10 day), Yves Pons (2), Tyrrell Terry (2), Killian Tillie, Xavier Tillman, 

Denver: Facundo Campazzo Vlatko Cancar, P J Dozier, James Ennis, Jeff Green, Markus Howard, Bones Hyland, Rodney McGruder, Jamal Murray (INJ), Zeke Nnaji, Michael Porter Jr, Davon Reed, Austin Rivers

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Nuggets: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

I got snubbed here on wins last year with an amazing overtime loss then a demoralizing beat down. let’s get that payback boys

Coming off Bulls/Bucks games... those 2 could obviously be STATEMENT games.  IF we win both, I wonder if we rest a player or 3 against the Nuggets.  This game would be less of a LITMUS TEST.  ... maybe we play some of our bench guys a bit more.  Give Melton a "last chance" to get going.  See if ZW/Tillie can be an effective bench pairing.

Just sayin' that if we could only win 2 outta 3, gimme the Bulls/Bucks game.

If Ja Ball can beat the Nuggets at the fabulous (FedEx) Forum, GREAT.  If not, oh well.  Rest up then go after the next string of games (before the Ja Star Break).

On 1/14/2022 at 2:30 PM, Subliminal said:

I got snubbed here on wins last year with an amazing overtime loss then a demoralizing beat down. let’s get that payback boys

This could very well be a first round matchup for the Grizzlies. Need to send a message for sure. 

On 1/15/2022 at 4:32 PM, ALT GRIND said:

Coming off Bulls/Bucks games... those 2 could obviously be STATEMENT games.  IF we win both, I wonder if we rest a player or 3 against the Nuggets.  This game would be less of a LITMUS TEST.  ... maybe we play some of our bench guys a bit more.  Give Melton a "last chance" to get going.  See if ZW/Tillie can be an effective bench pairing.

Just sayin' that if we could only win 2 outta 3, gimme the Bulls/Bucks game.

If Ja Ball can beat the Nuggets at the fabulous (FedEx) Forum, GREAT.  If not, oh well.  Rest up then go after the next string of games (before the Ja Star Break).

I’d rather lose to the bucks than any team in the western conference.. tie breakers matter in the west. 

2 hours ago, gfaulk09 said:

I’d rather lose to the bucks than any team in the western conference.. tie breakers matter in the west. 

We are several games up on the Nuggets.  We want to have a better record than any East team.

I think the Mavs are 5 or so games back, the Nuggets a bit further.  The Nuggets game matters less than the Bucks (and Mavs) game.

Although I would sure love to win all 3.

8 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

We are several games up on the Nuggets.  We want to have a better record than any East team.

I think the Mavs are 5 or so games back, the Nuggets a bit further.  The Nuggets game matters less than the Bucks (and Mavs) game.

Although I would sure love to win all 3.

Well it depends.  The Nuggets game matters less only if we were to meet the Bucks in the Finals and the Nuggets don't make a push to overtake us.  WIth it being still being early, and Jamal Murray possibly returning, I'd like to pad our lead as much as possible.  As far as having better records than Eastern teams, if we don't make the finals, I'd actually like some Eastern teams to have better records than us, so we will get a better draft pick.  But yeah, lets win all 3.  

If no player are back, we can forget about this one as well. Denver is playing quite strong at the moment. I'm afraid this one and the Dallas one may be too much for our depleted team.  

The key is Melton dude has shown 0 signs of play making or ball handling we need him to come up big.

6 hours ago, costarica2 said:

The key is Melton dude has shown 0 signs of play making or ball handling we need him to come up big.

Had to have Culver "try" to play some point and the guy is NOT a point guard.  We really don't have a 3rd PG option.

That should change in the next draft.   In the meanwhile, I would trust Konchar to run point in a pinch.

Dude has 54 assists to 17 turnovers

4 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Had to have Culver "try" to play some point and the guy is NOT a point guard.  We really don't have a 3rd PG option.

That should change in the next draft.   In the meanwhile, I would trust Konchar to run point in a pinch.

This guy could be a draft option...

1 hour ago, kevofrommempho said:

JaMychal Green is terrible.  Wish we had Bane or Brooks available to take advantage of him.

I don’t believe Green will be available still

16 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

If no player are back, we can forget about this one as well. Denver is playing quite strong at the moment. I'm afraid this one and the Dallas one may be too much for our depleted team.  

? 

11 hours ago, bhoyal said:

Well the PG depth is all in H&S protocols. Tyus, Kyle Anderson, and Bane.  

Part of why Konchar has so few turnovers is the ball isn't in his hands that much.  Not sure he's a great option either.

They signed Tyrell Terry to a 2-way.  Why isn't he up?  I know they take all the PGs from the Hustle and Shaq Buchanan was up for Bucks game, but if they want a little more experience, sign David Stockton to 10-day.  He's 30 now and does decent with Hustle, but Shaq is fine I guess.  Still think TTerry should be with team.

On 1/19/2022 at 9:58 PM, bhoyal said:

61xogq.jpg

LOL.  This Nuggets team is so full of revenge and hate: James Ennis, Jam Green, Jeff Green, Will Barton, and I guess Rodney McGruder who must still be upset about the last time he played the Grizzlies that he's changing from the Pistons to the Nuggets for this game. (Or did I miss a trade again)

19 hours ago, bhoyal said:

Agreed when Melton runs point he seems to take a lot of bad shots

3 hours ago, bterry1990 said:

Agreed when Melton runs point he seems to take a lot of bad shots

Melton needs to have a solid game with these other guys out.   Since returning from H&S protocols, he's shot 12-50 (24%) in his 8 games back (6-27 from 3).

Hopefully getting him more than 20+ minutes for a few games will help otherwise, when all return, he'll really be squeezed on minutes.

Gonna have to be the Ja/Jaren Show.

The other starters need to know their roles.  So, Adam at the 5 (if we don't go smaller with BC).

Thinking that maybe Konchar/Culver (YES, that guy) should get the starting nod at the wing spots.  Tell them to defend, hustle, rebound and move the ball.

Need a Tyrell Terry sighting.  And, probably Pons.  And, basically let Melton/BC do whatever they want off the bench.

Bench mob: Tyrell Terry/D Melton/ZW8/Pons/BC -- up tempo, full-court press (maybe?), 3's or transition fastbreaks.  Crash the boards.

If we don't resign Tyus/Kyle, and maybe shop some other guys, TT/Melton/ZW8/Pons/BC might be our bench mob next season anyway.

Another Grizzlies snow game up here. Was feeling pretty good about this one until the recent losses to H&S. Should be fun though. Jokic had to score 49 in an OT win to squeeze past the clip and Ja and Jaren and co are hungry as hell after the Bucks loss. Lfg