chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Milwaukee Bucks - 1/19/22

For Bane I think the rest was much need it even if we lose some games.

Jaren is the only one standing.

53 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

May not be the worst time for Bane & Kyle to be out - these next stretch of 7 games were always going to be tough regardless, so if we can just have everyone healthy for February and feast on the easier schedule then, we'll be in very good position to compete for the 3rd seed. Feels like top 2 may be out of reach, but these guys keep proving me wrong...

We still have a lot of good guys who have produced all season: Ja/Jaren/Tyus/Adams/Konchar/BC -- less room for error but how many weapons do we need?

BIG KEY is if ZW8 can guard Middleton.  Or, at least slow him down.  Or, at least hold him below 40.

57 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

May not be the worst time for Bane & Kyle to be out - these next stretch of 7 games were always going to be tough regardless, so if we can just have everyone healthy for February and feast on the easier schedule then, we'll be in very good position to compete for the 3rd seed. Feels like top 2 may be out of reach, but these guys keep proving me wrong...

... once Bane/Kyle get back... "load manage" Ja for a game or two.  Jaren for a game or two.  

1 hour ago, costarica2 said:

For Bane I think the rest was much need it even if we lose some games.

Jaren is the only one standing.

I think Jaren, Brandon, and Tyus are the only ones that haven’t been out for protocols

27 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

I think Jaren, Brandon, and Tyus are the only ones that haven’t been out for protocols

BC did miss time with injury so I guess Tyus and Jaren are the only one's who have play almost all our games.

10 minutes ago, bterry1990 said:

It’s weird that I’m still confident in our guys even without bane and Kyle… I like this feeling lol

I'm picturing a Ja/Konchar/ZW8/Jaren/Adams starting five with Tyus/Melton/BC off the bench.  Still a solid, streamlined 8 man rotation.

P.S.  I wanted a Tyus/Ja/Konchar perimeter trio to start, but with Middleton we kind of need someone longer (like ZW8).

3 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

No, it’ll be Ja/Melt/ZW/Jaren/Adams

That would work too.

This might be the game where we REALLY tighten the rotation.

6 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

That would work too.

This might be the game where we REALLY tighten the rotation.

Naw, Jenkins loves his 10-man rotation during the regular season  

Tyus/Konchar/Culver or Santi/Brandon/Tillman. 

15 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

Naw, Jenkins loves his 10-man rotation during the regular season  

Tyus/Konchar/Culver or Santi/Brandon/Tillman. 

Hope not.

Culver/Tillman/Santi can blow 20 point leads in MINUTES.  Those are Memphis Tigers numbers.

49 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

I'm picturing a Ja/Konchar/ZW8/Jaren/Adams starting five with Tyus/Melton/BC off the bench.  Still a solid, streamlined 8 man rotation.

P.S.  I wanted a Tyus/Ja/Konchar perimeter trio to start, but with Middleton we kind of need someone longer (like ZW8).

I think that will be the starting lineup, too.  I think the team will want to keep Tyus and Melton together with that 2nd unit with Clarke. 

But it isn't about who starts the game, its who finishes it, if it is close.

At the end, I think it will be Ja, Tyus or Melton, Clarke JJJ, with Konchar the 5th guy but I could see ZW instead if he's not getting destroyed.

I think Culver and Tillie and Tillman see time.  I don't see Aldama cracking the rotation unless it is a blowout.

38 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I think that will be the starting lineup, too.  I think the team will want to keep Tyus and Melton together with that 2nd unit with Clarke. 

But it isn't about who starts the game, its who finishes it, if it is close.

At the end, I think it will be Ja, Tyus or Melton, Clarke JJJ, with Konchar the 5th guy but I could see ZW instead if he's not getting destroyed.

I think Culver and Tillie and Tillman see time.  I don't see Aldama cracking the rotation unless it is a blowout.

Tillie is still out so Aldama may see playing time if Grizz stick to a 10 men rotation.

6 hours ago, bterry1990 said:

It’s weird that I’m still confident in our guys even without bane and Kyle… I like this feeling lol

And Dillon. This is an incredibly deep team

15 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Oh deer, is that a pun?

See the source image

14 hours ago, The J Crew said:

What the heck? Kyle and Desmond are ill now. This stinks. 

38 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Go ahead and give this an L without Tyus

Unleash the Dakota Warrior!!!!

Undrafted in 2018 NBA Draft following a four-year collegiate career at Purdue, the 26-year-old has appeared in 12 career games (two starts) for the Grizzlies and Philadelphia 76ers and has averaged 4.5 points and 1.1 assists in 10.9 minutes. He also played 42 games for the NBA G League’s Texas Legends during the 2019-20 season and averaged 18.1 points while shooting 39.5% from 3-point range.

1 hour ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Go ahead and give this an L without Tyus

The Grizzlies are NOT the only team Dealing with this set Backs , we will be Fine 

I would play Melt all the backup PG minutes and increase the number of minutes for Melt and Konchar.  Might be time to consider testing out a three big lineup with BC playing small forward?

18 hours ago, The J Crew said:

See the source image