chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Milwaukee Bucks - 1/19/22

58 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Losing our 3 backup ball handlers lost us this game.

Is Jones also on covid protocols?

They shot 96% from the FT line and we shot 60-something % from the line.  This also helped to lose the game.

22 minutes ago, GoGrizz! said:

Saying that he's "truly awful" is strictly opinion based. He finished with a +9. Melton and Adams were the only two Grizzlies that finished with a + rating. I will say that it is a deceiving stat. Jaren played well and had 29 points. But he played awful in the first half and that's why he finished with a -17. 

It's not the "end by end" stat but it's also very humbling stat. If the team is going to struggle and you have. a "-" as a stat, then you're not benefiting the game. To say that Melton played awful is wrong when where are clearly two/three players that had far worse performances.

Melton was awful. Did you watch the game. 2-7 with 1 rebound 1 assist, out of control. You don't understand what you're talking about. Sometime you play great and have a - because your teammates sucked, or the other team just hits everything.

This isn't baseball.

1 hour ago, The J Crew said:

Spruiking?

Well yes you keep saying how good they are, how their ratings on your trusted websites tell you they are good, and thats ok, you are entitled to that view.

I have said they do not rate well, I've given you the data from websites you dont accept, and you are entitled to that too.

If they are so positive, they should get us something decent. Because I believe if the roster requies upgrade, these are the prime candidates, and Ive seen enough, and they have played enough that it isnt just "small sample size"

23 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Melton was awful. Did you watch the game. 2-7 with 1 rebound 1 assist, out of control. You don't understand what you're talking about. Sometime you play great and have a - because your teammates sucked, or the other team just hits everything.

This isn't baseball.

Melton was awful

ZW was awful

Aldama was awful 

Culver was awful

Tillman was awful

Konch was awful

Other than Ja, JJJ, Adams and Clarke, everyone else laid an egg. We need these other dudes to step up if we are to salvage a .500 road trip.

26 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

This isn't baseball.

+/- will always be the dumbest stat in the NBA.

7 minutes ago, grizz1016 said:

Melton was awful

ZW was awful

Aldama was awful 

Culver was awful

Tillman was awful

Konch was awful

Other than Ja, JJJ, Adams and Clarke, everyone else laid an egg. We need these other dudes to step up if we are to salvage a .500 road trip.

Awful might be a stretch here.  He didn't score much, but he did have 7 reb, 3 ast, a steal and 2 blocks while getting to a lot of loose balls.  His +/- looks really bad, but he also got a decent number of minutes playing with Culver, Santi, and Ziaire, which certainly didn't help much.  

1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

Awful might be a stretch here.  He didn't score much, but he did have 7 reb, 3 ast, a steal and 2 blocks while getting to a lot of loose balls.  His +/- looks really bad, but he also got a decent number of minutes playing with Culver, Santi, and Ziaire, which certainly didn't help much.  

0-4 from 3. Konch hits his usual 70%, we may win ;)

1 hour ago, grizz1016 said:

Melton +9 today, 14.22 PER on the season

Allen +6 today, 13.21 PER on the season

your argument is trash 

Allen contributed to a win. Your argument is trash. 

Konchar did pretty well I thought, he just didn't hit his 3s. Happens on occasion. 

Overall not worried about this game. I think Ja had his season high for assists, and Jaren had his season high for points. With Bane, this is a completely different game. Needed some extra offense, though the defense could've played better as well. 

6 hours ago, grizz1016 said:

Allen also contributed to 19 losses. GTFO 

And Melton out here getting DNPCD’s when the rest of our wing players are healthy while Grayson starting for a championship contender. You GTFO

8 hours ago, KGF said:

+/- will always be the dumbest stat in the NBA.

Looking at a single player, or a single game, it is a trash statistic.  But if you look at it over dozens of games and also combine multiple players, it can give you some insight

We lost a hard fought game to a great team minus 2 of our starters and the third and fourth best players on the roster. We also didn't have one of arguably the best back up pg we've ever had as a franchise and a key contributing player in Kyle. We were missing our best shooter, best defensive wing arguably,  maybe you put Melton in that spot, who knows, but we faired well considering the circumstances 

9 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Well yes you keep saying how good they are, how their ratings on your trusted websites tell you they are good, and thats ok, you are entitled to that view.

I have said they do not rate well, I've given you the data from websites you dont accept, and you are entitled to that too.

If they are so positive, they should get us something decent. Because I believe if the roster requies upgrade, these are the prime candidates, and Ive seen enough, and they have played enough that it isnt just "small sample size"

Oh, that's what "spruiking" means. Who knew? 

And you sure seem to have the red *** about most fans not using nba.com for their stats, lol.

1 hour ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

Looking at a single player, or a single game, it is a trash statistic.  But if you look at it over dozens of games and also combine multiple players, it can give you some insight

Gorgui Dieng had an excellent +/- while on the Grizzlies. Don’t think he should’ve been a rotation player. That stat is for the birds. 

31 minutes ago, King Dork said:

Gorgui Dieng had an excellent +/- while on the Grizzlies. Don’t think he should’ve been a rotation player. That stat is for the birds. 

I said it can give you some insight, but you have to consider all things.  If its mainly just garbage time or with limited minutes, then yeah, it doesn't mean squat.  It's not an absolute measurable like scoring, rebounds, or assists or even necessarily a direct measurement on that specific player.  You could put a 5-year old out with 4 All-Stars and he could possibly have a great +/- too.  

49 minutes ago, King Dork said:

The barometric pressure dropped today but the weather is still nice and no storm came.  Stupid stat is for the birds.

No Bane, Brooks, Tyus, or SlowMo and we were in a couple of possessions of the lead until ZW makes that foul and they allowed Giannis to travel for that basket. 

3 hours ago, King Dork said:

And Melton out here getting DNPCD’s when the rest of our wing players are healthy while Grayson starting for a championship contender. You GTFO

LMAO

What game did Melton get a DNP when he was healthy? GTFOH

Grizz are as much a contender as the Bucks fool. They are barely hanging onto the 4th seed in the East. And it was wonderful seeing Grayson close out the game ;) …NOT

24 minutes ago, f-dizzle said:

No Bane, Brooks, Tyus, or SlowMo and we were in a couple of possessions of the lead until ZW makes that foul and they allowed Giannis to travel for that basket. 

Yeah, if you don't have 4 of your top 8 contributors, its tough to win against a quality team

3 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

We lost a hard fought game to a great team minus 2 of our starters and the third and fourth best players on the roster. We also didn't have one of arguably the best back up pg we've ever had as a franchise and a key contributing player in Kyle. We were missing our best shooter, best defensive wing arguably,  maybe you put Melton in that spot, who knows, but we faired well considering the circumstances 

Tyus has been one of the best all-around point guards in the league this season.  The ability for us to have a Tyus/Ja back court (even for a few minutes here and there) is such an X factor.  

Ja looked like a sleeper MVP pick.  A day or so ago I actually moved Jaren into the top spot of my Most VALUABLE Player big board.  Am I going to rethink that?  NOPE!

26 minutes ago, f-dizzle said:

That kind of no-call travel by Giannis should get him some votes for the 1994 MVP Award — eat your heart out Patrick Ewing/Scottie Pippen!  lol

The Grizzlies had a better record than the Bucks but the won.  Win Loss record is for the birds.

My cholesterol is high but I never had a heart attack.  That cholesterol stat is for the birds.

5 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

Right… and even with all of that - had we hit our free throws… this would have been a win.

I am not one that freely tosses around the words moral victory, but with what you said, and I added - with 3 minutes or so remaining in the game - we were right there.

They gave us all they had last night… it was a fight until the end. They won. Tip our collective hats and on to the next one!