chipc3

Chicago Bulls @ Memphis Grizzlies -01/17/2022

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Monday, Jan 17, 2:30 PM

Memphis Grizzlies vs Chicago Bulls

Television: NBALP | Fox Sports South | TNT

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: Martin Luther King Day Game 

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Starting 5

Ja Morant Desmond Bane Ziaire Williams Kyle Alexander Jaren Jackson
Ja Morant Desmond Bane Ziaire Williams Kyle Anderson Jaren Jackson Jr.

Bulls Starting 5

Lonzo Ball Zach LaVine DeMar DeRozen Derrick Jones Nicola Vucevic
1628366.png Zach Levine 201942.png Image result for derrick jomnes jr headshot Nicola Vucevic

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Stephen Adams, Santi Aldama, Dillon Brooks, Brandon Clarke, Jarrett Culver, Tyus Jones, John Konchar, De'Anthony Melton, Yves Pons, Tyrrell Terry, John Teske, Killian Tillie, Xavier Tillman,  

Chicago: Tony Bradley, Troy Brown, Alex Caruso, Tyler Cook, Ayo Donsumno, Devin Dotsen, Javonte Green, Alfonzo McKinnie, Marco Simonovic, Matt Thomas, Ethan Thompson, Coby White, Patrick Williams

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Bulls: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

This is one of my ‘side teams’… can’t hate on DeMar, Ball , Lavine… and Caruso ( this man would fit in nicely as a Grizz - straight hard hat … Konchar-ish)

they are putting in work out east… watching them and the Nets right now.

Nets are easy to loathe… KD whining… Harden flopping…Kyrie … well …basketball skill wise he’s solid OFF the court - just too weird for me.Now add in Flake Griffin and WHAM - INSTANT HATE!

Now… bring dem Bulls on down Beale and let’s get to it!

Daytime game on a National Holiday… East’s best vs Best in the West - welcome to the dark.

Go GRIZZ! 

15 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

This is one of my ‘side teams’… can’t hate on DeMar, Ball , Lavine… and Caruso ( this man would fit in nicely as a Grizz - straight hard hat … Konchar-ish)

Nets are easy to loathe… KD whining… Harden flopping…Kyrie … well …basketball skill wise he’s solid OFF the court - just too weird for me.Now add in Flake Griffin and WHAM - INSTANT HATE!

Daytime game on a National Holiday… East’s best vs Best in the West - welcome to the dark.

Go GRIZZ! 

I may be old fashioned, but I’m a one team kind of guy. No side pieces for me. But hey, do your thing. 😁

(Just givin you a hard time)

2 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

I may be old fashioned, but I’m a one team kind of guy. No side pieces for me. But hey, do your thing. 😁

(Just givin you a hard time)

Everybody has a ‘side -team’ (plus they are East)… not everyone will admit it…

😬

1 minute ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Everybody has a ‘side -team’ (plus they are East)… not everyone will admit it…

😬

I’m sure many do, but believe it or not, I don’t. Growing up the Spurs were my team because David Robinson was my favorite player. When he retired so did my allegiance to the Spurs and it’s been with the Grizzlies ever since. 

1 minute ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

I’m sure many do, but believe it or not, I don’t. Growing up the Spurs were my team because David Robinson was my favorite player. When he retired so did my allegiance to the Spurs and it’s been with the Grizzlies ever since. 

Fair… the SAN DIEGO Chargers were my team.

I LOATHE the los angeles chargers.

Now… I am team TITAN UP!

(going to a playoff game in Nashville soon!)

Just now, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Fair… the SAN DIEGO Chargers were my team.

I LOATHE the los angeles chargers.

Now… I am team TITAN UP!

I can imagine how a relocation can be devastating to a fan base. I can’t bear to think about if the Grizzlies were to relocate. 

5 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

I can imagine how a relocation can be devastating to a fan base. I can’t bear to think about if the Grizzlies were to relocate. 

🤫

we Memphians are BORN with a Nashville takes all of our nice things complex! 
💫🤣💫

people on this very board have had spirited ‘discussions’ about just that!

I am with Ja … they gone respect us now! He clearly communicated such in his postgame interview last night ->put some respect on the M ! 

1 hour ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Go GRIZZ! 

And … the Nets just … Netted? They now lead the Bulls by 22 at the end of the 3rd… welp. 

now…

Nets 130

Bulls 92 

4 minutes 30 seconds to go… that’s a wrap…

“Everyone” has a side team. Lmao bruh stop fronting 💨

Memphis or die. Side team, lol

4 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

And … the Nets just … Netted? They now lead the Bulls by 22 at the end of the 3rd… welp. 

now…

Nets 130

Bulls 92 

4 minutes 30 seconds to go… that’s a wrap…

Statement made.

We need to do the same in this game because as @smit-tay griz said, our recent performances for this occasion haven't been good

Chicago has been collapsing lately. I wonder what's gone wrong? Is it simply that the schedule got tougher? 

3 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Derrick Jones injured last night. Had started the last 6 games at PF. 

Jeez, if that’s for a bone bruise, how long would he be out for a hairline fracture?

24 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Bulls need to rally as a team from this and beat gs! Hope he’s ok and only needs two games of rest after this one

On 1/13/2022 at 11:15 AM, chipc3 said:

Chicago has been collapsing lately. I wonder what's gone wrong? Is it simply that the schedule got tougher? 

Yes. They did swept Denver, beat Brooklyn twice, and defeated Dallas.

However, their last 10 wins came against the following: Lakers, Rockets, Pacers (2X), Hawks (2X), Wizards (2X), Orlando, and Detroit. 

Bulls will go to Boston tomorrow, then Memphis. They also got Milwaukee next week. Don't get me wrong, our schedule in February (and there's a stretch in March) will be a breeze. But the Bulls just had their easy stretch. Bulls last 5 losses: Heat (2X), Cavaliers, Mavs, and Nets.

4 minutes ago, GoGrizz! said:

Yes. They did swept Denver, beat Brooklyn twice, and defeated Dallas.

However, their last 10 wins came against the following: Lakers, Rockets, Pacers (2X), Hawks (2X), Wizards (2X), Orlando, and Detroit. 

Bulls will go to Boston tomorrow, then Memphis. They also got Milwaukee next week. Don't get me wrong, our schedule in February (and there's a stretch in March) will be a breeze. But the Bulls just had their easy stretch. Bulls last 5 losses: Heat (2X), Cavaliers, Mavs, and Nets.

Paper tigers??

On 1/12/2022 at 10:43 PM, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Did you see the prices on Vivid Seats, etc??

And if the Bengals are the opponent, being within an easy drive?

On 1/13/2022 at 11:15 AM, chipc3 said:

A little concerned that the Grizzlies might follow suit.  The Bulls collapse (3 blowout Losses out of 4 games) came right after a 9-game winning streak and their schedule isn't letting up for another week.

In the Grizz favor is that the Grizzlies can now rest until Monday afternoon, while the banged up Bulls have another game in Boston today.

Make baskets, and move on.