Jump to content
chipc3

Chicago Bulls @ Memphis Grizzlies -01/17/2022

Recommended Posts

On 1/19/2022 at 7:21 PM, GoGrizz! said:

If Ziaire can develop the remainder of the season, and be comfortable playing the game, then he is more of an offensive weapon. He can catch lobs from Ja and post up on players on an occasional basis. Then, he can shot the three ball at a pretty good rate. Konchar is the guy that can hit the three occasionally, but he doesn't have the post up game that Ziaire has. Konchar is going to be the "open guy" when the team is double teaming either Ja/JJJ/Bane. That's how I see it.

When did Ziaire ever post up?  That is one skill I can confidently say he does NOT possess.  I don't think I've ever seen him even try to post up at all this season.  He does not yet have enough strength to post up NBA players.  Maybe if he works on his strength and post moves someday he could.  He is young.

BTW, John Konchar is shooting 45% from three.  Ziaire is shooting 27%.  Jitty has made more three pointers than Ziaire has even though he has attempted 40 fewer tries.  You might want to rethink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did watch it.  How smart did you expect the franchise who refused to draft Randy Moss to be?

They are the football version of Portland drafting Sam Bowie instead of Jordan.

If people think Jeff Fisher is any better than the coaches that followed him, Fisher had 6 winning season in 16 years there and followed than up with 5 more losing season out of 5 with the Rams.

In the meanwhile the Nashville sports media can use the extra point thing as an excuse/scapegoat.  It was half the distance due to a penalty.  Can't get one yard when you need it?  (Happened more than once)  One yards = three feet.  The length of this desk.

And that former head of officiating on the broadcast watched the replay of the controversial (non-) interception in super slow motion frame by frame and said it was a trapped ball and an incomplete pass by NFL rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

I did watch it.  How smart did you expect the franchise who refused to draft Randy Moss to be?

They are the football version of Portland drafting Sam Bowie instead of Jordan.

If people think Jeff Fisher is any better than the coaches that followed him, Fisher had 6 winning season in 16 years there and followed than up with 5 more losing season out of 5 with the Rams.

In the meanwhile the Nashville sports media can use the extra point thing as an excuse/scapegoat.  It was half the distance due to a penalty.  Can't get one yard when you need it?  (Happened more than once)  One yards = three feet.  The length of this desk.

Not a Titans fan, huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Not a Titans fan, huh?

Not since they gave into Chris Johnson's demands to be paid more than Adrian Peterson or he would refuse to play.

And how did Johnson do after he won his extortion demand?  Career went straight in the toilet.

That and the refusal to draft Moss based on "character (non-) issues" but drafted PacMan Jones without hesitation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

I did watch it.  How smart did you expect the franchise who refused to draft Randy Moss to be?

They are the football version of Portland drafting Sam Bowie instead of Jordan.

If people think Jeff Fisher is any better than the coaches that followed him, Fisher had 6 winning season in 16 years there and followed than up with 5 more losing season out of 5 with the Rams.

In the meanwhile the Nashville sports media can use the extra point thing as an excuse/scapegoat.  It was half the distance due to a penalty.  Can't get one yard when you need it?  (Happened more than once)  One yards = three feet.  The length of this desk.

And that former head of officiating on the broadcast watched the replay of the controversial (non-) interception in super slow motion frame by frame and said it was a trapped ball and an incomplete pass by NFL rules.

I said that it would come back to haunt them. Didn’t say it was the sole reason for them losing. Impossible to know for sure if they would have won, had they had that XP, but it would have given them a much better chance. And, the margin of 3 points doesn’t negate the importance of being up. You should never give up points on the board for a chance to get more early in the game. That half the distance made it too attempting, but it’s not worth it. Doesn’t matter if your up 1 or 2, you’re still up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

I said that it would come back to haunt them. Didn’t say it was the sole reason for them losing. Impossible to know for sure if they would have won, had they had that XP, but it would have given them a much better chance. And, the margin of 3 points doesn’t negate the importance of being up. You should never give up points on the board for a chance to get more early in the game. That half the distance made it too attempting, but it’s not worth it. Doesn’t matter if your up 1 or 2, you’re still up. 

Except now that an extra point is more a mid-range FG than a chip shot.  

If they went for two and make it, the local Nashville sports media who kisses their @ss 365 days a year already, would have their lips turn from two-tone blue to two-tone brown.  I actually saw an ad during the morning news today still running as if the titans had won and were still in the playoffs.  It's absurd and they deserved to lose.

I'm no Aaron Rogers fan, but thought a rematch of the first super bowl (KC vs Green Bay) would be cool.  Now that won't happen.  The O-line guy for GB who didn't block the guy good who ended up blocking the punt should have held him better.  He gets called for holding and the kick doesn't get blocked and run in for the TD.  The punter was not in the end zone so it's not a safety but even if it was a safety, GB still has the lead.

So both top seeds choked.  Bigtime.  So much for the advantage of a week off.

They should do away with the byes and let two more teams in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

When did Ziaire ever post up?  That is one skill I can confidently say he does NOT possess.  I don't think I've ever seen him even try to post up at all this season.  He does not yet have enough strength to post up NBA players.  Maybe if he works on his strength and post moves someday he could.  He is young.

BTW, John Konchar is shooting 45% from three.  Ziaire is shooting 27%.  Jitty has made more three pointers than Ziaire has even though he has attempted 40 fewer tries.  You might want to rethink.

Ziaire potentially has the opportunity when he gets stronger. Time will tell that.

Konchar only has 5 games this season where he has scored 10+ points in a game. Ziaire only has 6 games where he has scored 10+ points. 5 of those 6 games have come in the month of January. In addition, Ziaire only played one game in December. So, to me, he is getting more comfortable playing the game. Take it for what's worth. Ziaire has played in 11 fewer games than Konchar and has 10 fewer points...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2022 at 11:12 AM, smit-tay griz said:

When did Ziaire ever post up?  That is one skill I can confidently say he does NOT possess.  I don't think I've ever seen him even try to post up at all this season.  He does not yet have enough strength to post up NBA players.  Maybe if he works on his strength and post moves someday he could.  He is young.

BTW, John Konchar is shooting 45% from three.  Ziaire is shooting 27%.  Jitty has made more three pointers than Ziaire has even though he has attempted 40 fewer tries.  You might want to rethink.

I believe it is more accurate to say posting up is one skill Ziaire hasn't shown yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×