chipc3

Chicago Bulls @ Memphis Grizzlies -01/17/2022

2 hours ago, GoGrizz! said:

The good news about Konchar is that he is benefiting from the Dillon Brooks' absence the most. The sad thing about Konchar is that he will not play in the postseason. The only time when he played in the postseason/play-in was Game 5 against Utah when the game was decided (3 minutes total). That's the game where Utah had a 47 point first quarter. It also doesn't help with the addition of Ziaire Williams. We're going to need Ziaire's length in the postseason.

It's tough because Konchar has had a good season so far. But it's the nature of the business that Brooks will take his spot when he returns. Unfortunately, he has no trade value either. 

Honestly, the bolded is precisely whata front office that hits on a lot of young players with picks/free agents/trades has to manage - it's just a reality that we won't bring back the same roster for the next 5 years. Players develop, they command more money on their post-rookie contracts, and front offices have to decide how to manage the cap and who to keep. Luckily we don't have that issue as pressing right now, but there'll come a point where it'll be good having guys like Konchar who can become more vital to the rotation when someone like Brooks prices himself out of Memphis (just examples...we may decide to keep Brooks forever of coruse).

26 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

The playoffs isn’t a who is taller contest. Konchar is a better player than Williams right now.

I have no idea why Williams is starting.

Because the front office probably has a role into it. 

1 minute ago, ACGrizz said:

Honestly, the bolded is precisely whata front office that hits on a lot of young players with picks/free agents/trades has to manage - it's just a reality that we won't bring back the same roster for the next 5 years. Players develop, they command more money on their post-rookie contracts, and front offices have to decide how to manage the cap and who to keep. Luckily we don't have that issue as pressing right now, but there'll come a point where it'll be good having guys like Konchar who can become more vital to the rotation when someone like Brooks prices himself out of Memphis (just examples...we may decide to keep Brooks forever of coruse).

If Brooks prices himself out of Memphis, then we would probably need to trade him to get something out of him in return. Konchar is a good now. I don't know how it's going to continue when Brooks returns from the lineup. I believe our team is back to full strength whenever Brooks returns. Can't sit Ziaire because he needs to play and get his minutes and continue to develop as a player. I don't know if there is an opportunity for Konchar to be as productive as he is now. Some players get lost in rotations (ex: Tillman). Have to remind ourselves there's only one basketball. JA is going to get his numbers, Dillion is going to get his 15 shots, Bane is going to get his shots in. Konchar is probably the 9th best player on our roster. I have to put Williams ahead of him because of his opportunity. I didn't put Melton and Clarke ahead of John. But BC does some things that John can't do (vice versa). 

1 hour ago, bhoyal said:

Do you think they are going to fire-sale LeBron/A.D./Westbrooks later in the season if it looks hopeless?

A.D. is always hurt and Westbrook just stinks right now.  Most teams wouldn't trade a washing machine for them.

Ja/Bane/Dillon/LeBron/Jaren with Tyus/Konchar/ZW8/Clarke/Dwight Howard would be a fun team.  Just sayin'.

34 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Ja/Bane/Dillon/LeBron/Jaren with Tyus/Konchar/ZW8/Clarke/Dwight Howard would be a fun team.  Just sayin'.

That’s a demerit ? 

On 1/17/2022 at 7:29 PM, GoGrizz! said:

The good news about Konchar is that he is benefiting from the Dillon Brooks' absence the most. The sad thing about Konchar is that he will not play in the postseason. The only time when he played in the postseason/play-in was Game 5 against Utah when the game was decided (3 minutes total). That's the game where Utah had a 47 point first quarter. It also doesn't help with the addition of Ziaire Williams. We're going to need Ziaire's length in the postseason.

It's tough because Konchar has had a good season so far. But it's the nature of the business that Brooks will take his spot when he returns. Unfortunately, he has no trade value either. 

Konchar is and has always been the ideal 12th man. The reason you want a guy like Konchar on your team is that he doesn't complain or pout about limited minutes and he is ready to play when called on. 

Konchar's value is that he is there when others can't play for illness, injury or disciplinary reasons. 

4 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Konchar is and has always been the ideal 12th man. The reason you want a guy like Konchar on your team is that he doesn't complain or pout about limited minutes and he is ready to play when called on. 

Konchar's value is that he is there when others can't play for illness, injury or disciplinary reasons. 

When he grabbed 17 boards … that didn’t fall right into his hands … my view changed.

Konchar is sneaky good … like Manu Ginobli before he became Manu Ginobli.

He comes into the game and immediately gets active. Doing whatever needs to be done.Chasing through and around screens, constantly moving on offense, good at making the extra pass and not chucking or camping out in the corner hunting 3s.

Not saying that we can roll him out there to win a game for us ( he does help our odds) but i am comfortable that he won’t lose us one either.

And I believe exactly what you said about him not pouting or complaining as Dillon’s guys are always hyping him up when he makes plays.  

I know get hyped when I see him at the scorer’s table .

Just now, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

When he grabbed 17 boards … that didn’t fall right into his hands … my view changed.

Konchar is sneaky good … like Manu Ginobli before he became Manu Ginobli.

He comes into the game and immediately gets active. Doing whatever needs to be done.Chasing through and around screens, constantly moving on offense, good at making the extra pass and not chucking or camping out in the corner hunting 3s.

Not saying that we can roll him out there to win a game for us ( he does help our odds) but i am comfortable that he won’t lose us one either.

And I believe exactly what you said about him not pouting or complaining as Dillon’s guys are always hyping him up when he makes plays.  

I know get hyped when I see him at the scorer’s table .

Law of Large Numbers Toke. Please don't get overly excited because Konchar was ignored by an opponent and he punished them in a single game. He is a very limited player and if a team puts even token coverage on him he can be stopped quite effectively. His main strength is that people take him for granted. 

He is the Grizzlies Crash Davis. He's got brains but everyone else on the team has talent. He's a great 12th man because he can actually play but as we saw in the games since his breakout he can be contained pretty easily too. 

Just now, chipc3 said:

Law of Large Numbers Toke. Please don't get overly excited because Konchar was ignored by an opponent and he punished them in a single game. He is a very limited player and if a team puts even token coverage on him he can be stopped quite effectively. His main strength is that people take him for granted. 

He is the Grizzlies Crash Davis. He's got brains but everyone else on the team has talent. He's a great 12th man because he can actually play but as we saw in the games since his breakout he can be contained pretty easily too. 

It has been a long standing tradition of this board - scrub lovin is not new.

I reserve the right to go hard for any blue bear based solely on exactly one outstanding unforeseen performance.

And… Konchar is nobody’s scrub. He’s a very solid energy guy that adds to building a winning culture.

Just now, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

It has been a long standing tradition of this board - scrub lovin is not new.

I reserve the right to go hard for any blue bear based solely on exactly one outstanding unforeseen performance.

And… Konchar is nobody’s scrub. He’s a very solid energy guy that adds to building a winning culture.

Did I say he was a scrub? I called him Crash Davis who was the lead character in a movie for goodness sake. 

Image result for crash davis bull durham

If he had the natural talent of any of the starters he'd be a superstar but Jitty doesn't have that. He has brains and he understands the game. He outthinks his opponent. He makes smart plays not physically amazing plays. He outworks not outskills his opponent.

You can't help but love him (unless you're GTF who seemed to really dislike him a month or so ago) but let's not overthink who he is either. He is what he is and that is a physically limited player with a mind for the game. 

IMO Konchar is proving this year that he’s deserving of a regular rotation spot on a winning team, not just a 12th man.  Especially with his extended stretch of high % shooting being added to all the things he’s always done  

How that plays out in the playoffs if the team is 100% healthy remains to be seen.  IMO it is unlikely Zaire will become a more effective player overall than Konchar this season, but we’ll see how it goes.  We definitely need both right now.  

8 hours ago, chipc3 said:

If he had the natural talent of any of the starters he'd be a superstar but Jitty doesn't have that. He has brains and he understands the game. He outthinks his opponent. He makes smart plays not physically amazing plays. He outworks not outskills his opponent.

You can't help but love him (unless you're GTF who seemed to really dislike him a month or so ago) but let's not overthink who he is either. He is what he is and that is a physically limited player with a mind for the game. 

Manu. Ginobli.

8 hours ago, grizzknob said:

IMO Konchar is proving this year that he’s deserving of a regular rotation spot on a winning team, not just a 12th man.  Especially with his extended stretch of high % shooting being added to all the things he’s always done  

How that plays out in the playoffs if the team is 100% healthy remains to be seen.  IMO it is unlikely Zaire will become a more effective player overall than Konchar this season, but we’ll see how it goes.  We definitely need both right now.  

If Ziaire can develop the remainder of the season, and be comfortable playing the game, then he is more of an offensive weapon. He can catch lobs from Ja and post up on players on an occasional basis. Then, he can shot the three ball at a pretty good rate. Konchar is the guy that can hit the three occasionally, but he doesn't have the post up game that Ziaire has. Konchar is going to be the "open guy" when the team is double teaming either Ja/JJJ/Bane. That's how I see it.

Bulls beat the Cavs tonight.

They have found something with Ayo Dosunmo. 18 points, 8 assists, 3 boards, 2 steals.

I think someone tweeted that he made the ESPN top 10 rookie list for the first time this week.

16 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Bulls beat the Cavs tonight.

They have found something with Ayo Dosunmo. 18 points, 8 assists, 3 boards, 2 steals.

I think someone tweeted that he made the ESPN top 10 rookie list for the first time this week.

Dosunmo is going to be a great player.

Just now, GoGrizz! said:

Dosunmo is going to be a great player.

Hate it when someone else hits on the 38th pick. Only we can hit on 2nd rounders. 

5 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Ayo is good. Good defender too. Bulls had a great offseason. 

Yeah they did, good all around player. He did a good job on Ja 

On 1/12/2022 at 10:43 PM, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Now… I am team TITAN UP!

(going to a playoff game in Nashville soon!)

Did you go?  Titans lost and Preds won.  Typical.

Hope you made it to the hockey game.

Nashville_Predators_NHL-SCA.png?v=159655

3 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Did you go?  Titans lost and Preds won.  Typical.

Hope you made it to the hockey game.

Nashville_Predators_NHL-SCA.png?v=159655

That decision to go for 2 in the first half came back to haunt them. 

2 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

That decision to go for 2 in the first half came back to haunt them. 

They lost by three.   If they had made that conversion, they still lose  If they kicked the extra point, they still lose.

And the upper bowl was full of Bengals fans.  So much for their plan to not let tickets to be transferred.

The titans won some games this season that they didn't deserve to win.  What goes around...

10 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

They lost by three.   If they had made that conversion, they still lose  If they kicked the extra point, they still lose.

And the upper bowl was full of Bengals fans.  So much for their plan to not let tickets to be transferred.

The titans won some games this season that they didn't deserve to win.  What goes around...

Apparently you didn’t watch the game. It was tied and Titans had the ball trying to drive to get in FG range. Bengals intercepted it with 20 seconds left. If Titans were up one, they aren’t passing, they are running the clock out.