chipc3

Chicago Bulls @ Memphis Grizzlies -01/17/2022

52 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

I’ll have to hold my nose and hope that the Lakers win. That’s usually not allowed, but it is allowed this year since the Lakers can’t be too terrible because it would cause us to lose a first rounder. 

Difference between a pick in the 11-18 range and TWO future second rounders is HUGE!

1 hour ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Culver still shooting with 10+ seconds on the clock some possessions

Can we trade him for Gorgui Dieng or Taj Gibson or... anybody?

.Just Got Home Nice to see the Grizzlies won again, This Team has Me now THINKING we will win instead of I HOPE WE WIN   GREAT WIN vs A Very Good Team 

1 hour ago, bhoyal said:

When his contract expires, he'll end up (unfortunatey) in Seattle or Vegas by then, playing for an expansion team.

Konchar too.  Keep them as long as we can at 2 million bucks a year.

I think the highest contract Konchar might get in his career is something similar to what Melton has now I think he can be kept around as long as the FO wants him.

2 hours ago, bhoyal said:

VanGundy??  You're not watching the Pete & them broadcast???

And is Tillman in the doghouse?  He hasn't played a minute.

Too many guys ahead of him in the rotation 

2 hours ago, bhoyal said:

Yep.  There he is.

Why am I the only one watching the Bally broadcast?

Don't Mickey and Minnie have enough money already??

It was on TNT. Which I don't think is owned by Disney

10 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

I think the highest contract Konchar might get in his career is something similar to what Melton has now I think he can be kept around as long as the FO wants him.

He’s not going to get a $9 million a year deal. 

6 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

The good news about Konchar is that he is benefiting from the Dillon Brooks' absence the most. The sad thing about Konchar is that he will not play in the postseason. The only time when he played in the postseason/play-in was Game 5 against Utah when the game was decided (3 minutes total). That's the game where Utah had a 47 point first quarter. It also doesn't help with the addition of Ziaire Williams. We're going to need Ziaire's length in the postseason.

It's tough because Konchar has had a good season so far. But it's the nature of the business that Brooks will take his spot when he returns. Unfortunately, he has no trade value either. 

1 minute ago, GoGrizz! said:

The good news about Konchar is that he is benefiting from the Dillon Brooks' absence the most. The sad thing about Konchar is that he will not play in the postseason. The only time when he played in the postseason/play-in was Game 5 against Utah when the game was decided (3 minutes total). That's the game where Utah had a 47 point first quarter. It also doesn't help with the addition of Ziaire Williams. We're going to need Ziaire's length in the postseason.

It's tough because Konchar has had a good season so far. But it's the nature of the business that Brooks will take his spot when he returns. Unfortunately, he has no trade value either. 

What's it good for?  Length does not make you a good defender.  I know he had a couple decent games, and he looked decent on Curry last week, but Curry has been in a slump.  Konchar has been a better defender all season.  You would really rather have a rookie playing in the playoffs than a third year player who has a better defensive track record?  Really??

4 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

What's it good for?  Length does not make you a good defender.  I know he had a couple decent games, and he looked decent on Curry last week, but Curry has been in a slump.  Konchar has been a better defender all season.  You would really rather have a rookie playing in the playoffs than a third year player who has a better defensive track record?  Really??

It's called the nature of the business. It's called trading up to get Ziaire Williams. There's a reason why we got him.

You really think Konchar is better than Ziaire Williams? If that's the case than why is Williams starting over Konchar? Again, Konchar didn't play in the postseason last year, why's that? We drafted another SF that's going to have more opportunities to play. If Williams' length can redirect a shot, or deflect a pass, then that's a win. Williams is 6'9, Konchar is 6'5. 

Williams' length is going to match up with other small forward's we're going to see in the playoffs. Konchar is going to be shorter or equal to the other small forwards we're going to see in April. It's unfortunate that Konchar is having a good season, but he is basically going to be kicked out of playing in the playoffs due to Dillion Brooks' returning and playing 40 minutes, and Williams is going to get the nod over Konchar.

34 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

He’s not going to get a $9 million a year deal. 

I said the highest he would ever get that if he somehow elevates his game to a different level as a scorer

39 minutes ago, GoGrizz! said:

I think he will get minutes last year Konchar wasn’t much of a shooter or scorer period this year he’s taking and making shots there will be a role for him more than likely he might get ZW’s minute or at least a split depending on matchups

Not to mention Melton’s disappearing act come playoff time I’m sure Jitty will get some minutes.

1 minute ago, GoGrizz! said:

It's called the nature of the business. It's called trading up to get Ziaire Williams. There's a reason why we got him.

You really think Konchar is better than Ziaire Williams? If that's the case than why is Williams starting over Konchar? Again, Konchar didn't play in the postseason last year, why's that? We drafted another SF that's going to have more opportunities to play. If Williams' length can redirect a shot, or deflect a pass, then that's a win. Williams is 6'9, Konchar is 6'5. 

Williams' length is going to match up with other small forward's we're going to see in the playoffs. Konchar is going to be shorter or equal to the other small forwards we're going to see in April. It's unfortunate that Konchar is having a good season, but he is basically going to be kicked out of playing in the playoffs due to Dillion Brooks' returning and playing 40 minutes, and Williams is going to get the nod over Konchar.

At this stage it's a pretty obvious yes!  Konchar is better in nearly every statistical category at this point, and is a +30 in offensive to defensive rating.  That's best on the team.  He's over three times the rebounder Ziaire is.  He shoots a far better percentage all around.

Now does this mean that I expect Jitty to get more starts than Ziaire?  Of course not.  The FO is invested in ZW for the future and are trying to develop him.  But the playoffs is a different story.  That is always about winning now, and a player who is better now should always get the call in the playoffs.  Still, it doesn't mean that I don't think TJ will play Ziaire either.  I think player matchups will be important, and it also depends on how quickly ZW develops.

1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

At this stage it's a pretty obvious yes!  Konchar is better in nearly every statistical category at this point, and is a +30 in offensive to defensive rating.  That's best on the team.  He's over three times the rebounder Ziaire is.  He shoots a far better percentage all around.

Now does this mean that I expect Jitty to get more starts than Ziaire?  Of course not.  The FO is invested in ZW for the future and are trying to develop him.  But the playoffs is a different story.  That is always about winning now, and a player who is better now should always get the call in the playoffs.  Still, it doesn't mean that I don't think TJ will play Ziaire either.  I think player matchups will be important, and it also depends on how quickly ZW develops.

Agreed. 

2 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Difference between a pick in the 11-18 range and TWO future second rounders is HUGE!

Do you think they are going to fire-sale LeBron/A.D./Westbrooks later in the season if it looks hopeless?

A.D. is always hurt and Westbrook just stinks right now.  Most teams wouldn't trade a washing machine for them.

50 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Look, Konchar was a D-1 player for 4 years and put up big cumulative numbers in college.  He's 25 years old.

The last full season of hoops ZW8 played, LeBron's kid was his teammate.  He just turned 20.

One is a full grown man and the other is pretty much still a kid.  (who barring injury, has enormous potential)

We're seeing Konchar in the prime of his career right now.  We're seeing ZW8 barely out of high school.

2 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Look, Konchar was a D-1 player for 4 years and put up big cumulative numbers in college.  He's 25 years old.

The last full season of hoops ZW8 played, LeBron's kid was his teammate.  He just turned 20.

One is a full grown man and the other is pretty much still a kid.  (who barring injury, has enormous potential)

We're seeing Konchar in the prime of his career right now.  We're seeing ZW8 barely out of high school.

And your point is?  

2 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

And your point is?  

That it's not a fair comparison.   Apples and McRibs.   Ozark and Betty White.   Tarantino and Dan Quayle.   

56 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

I just hope that Ziaire turns into the player that the FO thinks he can be.  He's looked better lately.

He has looked better. But I also think he has looked more comfortable, too. Before he got injured/went to health and safety protocols, I didn't think he was comfortable playing the game. I don't think we're asking him to get a certain amount of points. We don't have to rely on him shooting the three, that are the DB's jobs. If he can make a "winning play" here and there, then that's a plus. He also has 35 games to continue to improve as a player.

I just have to remember that he's a 20 year person that moved away from California and moved across the country. I'm glad he's here, but I can understand if he's getting adjusted to the NBA, or feeling things like homesickness, and boredom (outside the game). I know it's tough for him.

5 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

That it's not a fair comparison.   Apples and McRibs.   Ozark and Betty White.   Tarantino and Dan Quayle.   

What's not fair?  We're talking about which player gets minutes in the playoffs.  Playoffs are not for development, especially if you have a shot at contending.  I'm just stating my opinion that the best performer should get the call.  Next year or the year after it may be a different story.

1 hour ago, GoGrizz! said:

The playoffs isn’t a who is taller contest. Konchar is a better player than Williams right now.

I have no idea why Williams is starting.