chipc3

Dallas Mavericks @ Memphis Grizzlies - 1/14/2022

54 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

With Porzingis and WCS both out, will we see Boban tonight?

Boban brings me great joy every time he plays - unstoppable on offense, pathetically awful on defense

2 hours ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

With Porzingis and WCS both out, will we see Boban tonight?

Maybe we see Point Center Luka.

OR, if you don't wanna buy a ticket just go to Gibson's Donuts 2 hours before the game.  Luka will be there!

I feel the need to apologize to Pete and Brevin since I will be watching the ESPN broadcast, just to see how national broadcasters call it and what they talk about.  But, I will watch the pre-game show on Bally Sports.  

Has anyone here ever gone to the game and listened to the radio broadcast?

Sometimes during the game I think it would be cool to hear our announcers calling a game that i am at live…

55 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Maybe we see Point Center Luka.

OR, if you don't wanna buy a ticket just go to Gibson's Donuts 2 hours before the game.  Luka will be there!

🤣🤣🤣

i'm laughing but Luka still torches us every time we play him. I got good seats to the last time they were in town and the refs gifted them the game, but Luka was playing very well (he hit this very deep 3)

FVQxP6rAcWKbjayG_t5-bj3D-LfKHyoGMwXvzh5Ygw-XAeFi0YmmcvxrJYpBbPnaKi6rFUHhyyQzWphKS_603LW_CcSoVpGe1PBS73kpkm-T6Ajn2fKYzhdteojg8CrokgPYnJ9KolzpPPQCHOwrYcohfVCrIFYOjEXbvspNLrM3uLtC_SPwBAC20sIDivnpoLOVuN06JUrqaDu5YUTz3YyWKtXztTNyYJdwZ2416SCe1VxATaxZ3i8Mp8uNRRj0X02R1RkYgQmmgZkcoDV3hOKA0jZId4dIZABzBX-DPsrTjKNL5cmd2e0etmYac0hyNOI_25Zlbess0Y-0BrqCjiK5ZVFqiyV3tSx6L6U7EqGR9RTUXCzqwi6NFByUosP_o81GQNwVQdJ15xMKhLXMkvQPAgimrqSk0156n8DIBMu0YSi6Os8mwc92O4jZDeXWnGwwYxO9iPGi6osYLUWmuE34n9lIQsRr_9y6E5hyDcLNhBxPWc46MCUlAWOvW6GWPfmEHCLNpnsc9x7p4SZgpMtFReczrWGxE-vJ9IKsb7pf3fuZSCBVuYeFLXP99bd1WrZ5JzfuqJAytZvQQOdQ8twAjSfnt0gueiVX_AzMpHJ_aPR3RAG2_AgSgJq_U4JTqohho2g7dh5cysBwkwUtTY8WI9Fkr0d1Z8_hMGRZaCDUyU8AehftiUlZD7fx1V_Ex8Yl_F6lNzOWDmTQTiNLF54=w1738-h1303-no?authuser=0

5 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Sometimes during the game I think it would be cool to hear our announcers calling a game that i am at live…

I've thought about it, but how much of a delay is it going to have.  If you stream it from your phone, it will probably be delayed pretty bad 20 seconds or more.  That would be annoying listening to play by play that's two possessions behind.  If you did it, you would need an actual radio that may only be delayed 2-3 seconds.  

Just now, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

I've thought about it, but how much of a delay is it going to have.  If you stream it from your phone, it will probably be delayed pretty bad 20 seconds or more.  That would be annoying listening to play by play that's two possessions behind.  If you did it, you would need an actual radio that may only be delayed 2-3 seconds.  

That’s what I was wondering… I hear commercials about I heart radio that you can install it on your phone and pick up radio stations? 

Is that the same as listening to a radio?

5 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

That’s what I was wondering… I hear commercials about I heart radio that you can install it on your phone and pick up radio stations? 

Is that the same as listening to a radio?

It's just streaming the radio feed.  One time the Bally Sports feed (streaming) had no volume, well it just had background noise volume, but no announcers.  It was painful to watch with no noise, so I started streaming the 92.9 feed.  The Bally Sports streaming usually has a pretty decent delay, and the 92.9 radio feed had a pretty serious delay from that.  So in real life, probably 30 seconds or more.  I just paused the video stream and got it synced perfectly, but you can't pause a real life game.  

27 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

It's just streaming the radio feed.  One time the Bally Sports feed (streaming) had no volume, well it just had background noise volume, but no announcers.  It was painful to watch with no noise, so I started streaming the 92.9 feed.  The Bally Sports streaming usually has a pretty decent delay, and the 92.9 radio feed had a pretty serious delay from that.  So in real life, probably 30 seconds or more.  I just paused the video stream and got it synced perfectly, but you can't pause a real life game.  

Answered my question !

thanks

1 hour ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Picture of Toke at Grizzlies game tonight with his new headphones listening to the game.

baseball_headphones-768x430.png

I remember when radio headphones were kinda new and it wasn't at all unusual to see it at baseball and football games, especially baseball to hear stats and updates, and it was always the older folks wearing them (and Steve Bartman).  I don't know if I've ever seen it at an NBA game though.

I'd love it though if Toke showed up in front row with headphones and Grizz hat on and in a crucial moment, pulled a Bartman, costing the Grizzlies a big win.  

dal.png?w=60&h=60&transparent=truemem.png?w=60&h=60&transparent=trueDallas Mavericks at Memphis Grizzlies (-3, 216), 10 p.m. ET on ESPN

Moody: This game will be end up with less than 216 points. Memphis has gone over the point total 47% of the time this season. Dallas, on the other hand, has gone over the point total just 34% of the time. For me, the Mavericks defense stands out. They have ranked first in defensive rating over the last two weeks, according to Cleaning the Glass. Memphis is another top defensive team. Memphis has the third-ranked defense in the league during its 11-game winning streak, allowing just 105 points per 100 possessions.

Pick: Under 216 points

Marks: Ja Morant has been otherworldly this season, and is currently second in fan voting for the All-Star Game. Jaren Jackson Jr. has stepped up in a big way for the loss of Steven Adams, and is delivering on both ends of the court. If Adams is out again tonight, I like the over in blocks for Jackson, who has had 21 blocks over his last five games. The Mavericks will be without Kristaps Porzingis and Willie Cauley-Stein. They have struggled with their perimeter shooting (22% vs. the Knicks), and are only 25th overall from behind the arc.

Picks: Memphis -3

1 minute ago, The J Crew said:

You know he hasn't played since November, right?

Yeah but it’s quite striking. Not that it matters, Dallas’ defense has been good lately.

19 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Yeah but it’s quite striking. Not that it matters, Dallas’ defense has been good lately.

He's probably done with the Mavs. I think they'll see if he can help salary match in a trade. Only makes $4M. If not traded, they probably will do a buy out. 

The late tip off is throwing me off… I’m hyped !

Hurrup and throw it up !

already !!!

I’m heading back downtown in one hour !

let’s get to it !!!

5 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Does Eric Hasseltine still do the radio play-by-play?  I used to listen to him do the play call.  He was pretty good.

Just now, Memphis Maverick said:

I hope we stomp Chicago on Monday. 

No Caruso and looking like no Lavine now 😳