chipc3

Minnesota Timberwolves @ Memphis Grizzlies - 1/13/22

3 minutes ago, King Dork said:

No lie, for a Thursday against the Timberwolves that’s probably above average in the league. If this team really gets rolling I expect our attendance numbers to go full Cleveland while Bron was there. 

We had higher attendance than Nuggets and Pelicans tonight. Nets beat us by just over 1k. Bucks expectedly had a sellout, hosting the Warriors. 

48 minutes ago, ThaGhostOfThaBeet said:

We had higher attendance than Nuggets and Pelicans tonight. Nets beat us by just over 1k. Bucks expectedly had a sellout, hosting the Warriors. 

Good to know my eyes don’t deceive me. I’ve been watching a lot of other teams home games this season, because I’m a fan of a few up and coming stars outside of the Grizzlies, and their crowds have looked comparable to the Grizzlies crowd. I know we have the cheapest tickets in the league but I think for most teams that overall number is much more important than the ticket price number. Except on sellouts. 

5 hours ago, Subliminal said:

Bro it’s time to get your eyes checked again 🤓

6 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

DAYUM IT WAS 17 REBOUNDS!

HE IS SUPERMAN!

I put the specs on to check 😂

5 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Look two seconds into this clip. PBev pushes Ja in the back. Then does the arm wrap thing on Ja's arm. Dangerous play. Bet the Grizz send this to the league.

Yeah not cool, but Ja handled it well.

To be fair, he did look for Ja at the end of the game, said a few words and then gave him a hug.

I've said it before - he is mad, as in a few loose screws. Unstable. Unpredictable.

You can see it in the eyes.

If y'all old enough, he got that Screaming Jay Hawkins look in his eyes.

6 hours ago, QMemphis said:

Lead and smaller guards Melton has him beat. 

Who guarded the other team's lead guards last two seasons?  Who does better against Curry?  I like Melton's D, but I'll take Brooks all day long.  Brooks has the strength to fight through screens, and he's like a dog on a bone.

Several takeaways:

- You can’t stop the Konch, you can only hope to contain him.

- Minny is a good team, Edwards is really good, they should be up there with us at the top of the West in a couple years... and yet, somehow their FO will mess it up.

- This group is TIGHT.

9 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Look two seconds into this clip. PBev pushes Ja in the back. Then does the arm wrap thing on Ja's arm. Dangerous play. Bet the Grizz send this to the league.

What did Ja say? I can’t really tell

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

Several takeaways:

- You can’t stop the Konch, you can only hope to contain him.

- Minny is a good team, Edwards is really good, they should be up there with us at the top of the West in a couple years... and yet, somehow their FO will mess it up.

- This group is TIGHT.

Re Konch, no doubt.

Re Minny, you and quite a few others said this in this game thread. Gotta say, I don't get it. Unless the argument is the aging Lakers, Clips, Blazers, CP3 era Suns, Conley/Inlges/Clarkson versions of the Gobert/Donavan Jazz just fade and someone has to take their places.

I think this version of the T'Wolves destiny is a .500 team. They owe Towns, DRuss and Beasley $81M next year. Still need a point guard, a 4 and a bench. Towns is very good, but maybe more of an AD, needs a lead guy? Is Anthony Edwards that lead guy? Maybe. 

16 hours ago, Joey Crawford said:

I just got home from lithotripsy surgery (kidney stone) and have a stint in my uter tube.    May not be contributing   __________ for three!.

Hope Jaren has a great game.   Go grizzlies !

Get some rest … (seriously…sounds tuff…I'm resisting the urge to google it. )

I am pretty sure we have some rookie posters that need some in game message board posting experience .

See? We too are next man up !

It was abnormally full in the Forum last night. Fans are taking notice.

My takeaways:

• Zaire's defense was ATROCIOUS. He played well against GS but he was a complete liability in this game
  • Kyle was having a really rough night as well
  • Defenses are really keying in on Ja, and he did a great job distributing instead of trying to force his way to the basket. It's an evolution of his game, but also makes it hard to play non-shooters with him on the floor. 
  • Melton is ice cold from the field but does so much else that he still deserves minutes

Konch saved us. Love how the team hyped him up after the big 3 and at the end of the game. This team is FUN. 

Putting on my pajamas tonight to head to the Forum for the 3rd time this week. GO GRIZZ!

19 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

My takeaways:

• Zaire's defense was ATROCIOUS. He played well against GS but he was a complete liability in this game
  • Defenses are really keying in on Ja, and he did a great job distributing instead of trying to force his way to the basket. It's an evolution of his game, but also makes it hard to play non-shooters with him on the floor. 
  • Melton is ice cold from the field but does so much else that he still deserves minutes

Konch saved us. Love how the team hyped him up after the big 3 and at the end of the game. This team is FUN. 

Putting on my pajamas tonight to head to the Forum for the 3rd time this week. GO GRIZZ!

That's what's great about this team.  Some players may not have a good night, and some others step up and pick up the slack.  Against the Warriors, Tyus and Ziaire had great games.  Last night Konchar had a great game.  

23 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

My takeaways:

I agree with everything you said. ZW was getting exposed all night on defense, they didn't even play him in the 4th quarter at all because of it.

Kyle was just making tons of mistakes, and did not do a good job boxing out and allowed several second chance opportunities.

Ja did a great job reading the defense all night, if they collapsed in on him, he would either hit the roll man, find a cutter, or find a shooter. I think all 9 assists came in the half court for him. 

Melton's defense was actually very good and might go unnoticed. He really did a good job on Edwards in the 3rd quarter after his hot start. I believe he had 25 at half and only finished with 30. Konchar also did a better job on him in the second half. 

Great write up and go grizz!

12 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Late to the party, but others this morning joining in on what a dangerous play that was.

Re the referees, the one closest is looking at the ball, so don't blame him. But just like with the ball hitting the opponent player twice the other night before it went out of bounds, where are the other 2 refs when this happened?

4 hours ago, The J Crew said:

Re Konch, no doubt.

Re Minny, you and quite a few others said this in this game thread. Gotta say, I don't get it. Unless the argument is the aging Lakers, Clips, Blazers, CP3 era Suns, Conley/Inlges/Clarkson versions of the Gobert/Donavan Jazz just fade and someone has to take their places.

I think this version of the T'Wolves destiny is a .500 team. They owe Towns, DRuss and Beasley $81M next year. Still need a point guard, a 4 and a bench. Towns is very good, but maybe more of an AD, needs a lead guy? Is Anthony Edwards that lead guy? Maybe. 

Well, that’s kind of my point. I think Anthony Edwards can be that guy. KAT is extremely talented and should be a great #2 with the right leadership. The roster needs some tweaks but a competent FO could manage that in the time before Edwards gets his extension. But... Minny’s FO is a cluster****, so I expect Edwards will not progress as he should, they’ll make some lateral move in the trade market that’ll keep their cap bloated, and KAT will eventually force a trade or just leave.

Rinse and repeat.

5 hours ago, The J Crew said:

That's a team that might throw a ton of money at bringing back Ricky Rubio or Tyus Jones.  Maybe they go after John Wall.

If not, they should DEFINITELY think about drafting a point guard.  Then sign free agents to fill out the bench.

Edwards/KAT are fine as a 1/1a combo.  Russell might be more of a 6th man than a 3rd option though.

Tyrese Halliburton might be the perfect fit for that team.... although Wolves mostly have just picks/future picks/bad contracts to offer the Kings.

53 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Well, that’s kind of my point. I think Anthony Edwards can be that guy. KAT is extremely talented and should be a great #2 with the right leadership. The roster needs some tweaks but a competent FO could manage that in the time before Edwards gets his extension. But... Minny’s FO is a cluster****, so I expect Edwards will not progress as he should, they’ll make some lateral move in the trade market that’ll keep their cap bloated, and KAT will eventually force a trade or just leave.

Rinse and repeat.

Ok., no problem.  I just don't see them the same way. DRuss and KAT have 14 years total experience, and I think they have 1 playoff series between them. Re KAT, maybe I can't shake the Jimmy Butler incident where he took the 3rd stringers and scrimmaged KAT & Wiggins and the starters and beat them, called them soft. 

When I watch them, feels like KAT gets his shot, DRuss gets his, ANT gets his.