chipc3

Golden State Warriors @ Memphis Grizzlies 1/11/22

Watched it again, a few takeaway points not previously mentioned

• Ja, particularly the last few games but best exemplified in this game. is not just going clearout iso as his go to. It was really impressive that he was actually looking to dish - Zairie being a major beneficiary.
  • The first lob to the kid for the jam was great, and delightful to see the joy in the kid's face, and Ja even started hugging him in mid-court getting back in transition. That's gotta give the kid confidence, he now one of the boys
  • the ball movement was great - one of the reasons we have a 10 game win streak. Everyone is moving the ball.
  • Good coaching job by Darko, made the adjustments when needed, the two being 1) not afraid to take out Des and roll with Tyus because Des didn't have it but Tyus was on; 2) gave the kid a ton of minutes, a tough assignment and the kid really came through
  • Steven Adams was really missed. And with Jaren off the court for basically the whole of the 3rd put us in trouble because we just dont have the big man 5 to cover without those 2. Brandon did well enough once they pulled themselves together after being 8 down but it basically relied on transition offense to get back in it.
  • Dillon was missed as an extra big body to put on Curry and Payton
  • we gotta close out qtrs better, we allowed big runs against us in the first, second and third qtr

10 hours ago, Jetfixer said:

I bet some of the Jaren defenders, might have been ZW critical, but that seems to be working out too.

I been going to bat for both of them, I'll hold off on the victory lap for now though.

I was also the only person on the board who said we should try to draft Bane, took a lot of flack over that one as well, something about short arms. I feel like I can go ahead and take my lap on that one now.

16 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

We beat them foolz with our Third string COACH~   

Technically we beat them with our backup coach. Jones was the 3rd string coach but he got replaced by Darko replaced him when he got out of Covid protocol. 

But it does raise the question of how important coaches are doesn't it??? 
See the source image

16 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Remember we had the discussion about you taking 46 wins?

A bet on the over of that looks real worthwhile

I had 48 wins.  A massive underbid it appears.

23 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I had 48 wins.  A massive underbid it appears.

Back in the summer of 2018, I had us beating the Bucks for the title in 2022.

#GoGrizz

#VoteJa

#VoteTyusToo

#DontForgetAboutJaren

9 hours ago, costarica2 said:

This game would have been a blowout but Jaren fouls keep them in it.

Possibly, but another way of looking at it is if Desmond was hitting shots in this game like he has been in the games leading up to this, it would have been a blowout, regardless of Jaren's foul situation.

There's others you can say the same thing about

In the end it doesn't matter, the game was won, it was a great victory with two of our starting 5 not playing, against one of the favorites for the title

9 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

We beat them foolz with our Third string COACH~   

Was not expecting this one! 

Glad to have found it though!

💫🤣💫

21 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Possibly, but another way of looking at it is if Desmond was hitting shots in this game like he has been in the games leading up to this, it would have been a blowout, regardless of Jaren's foul situation.

There's others you can say the same thing about

In the end it doesn't matter, the game was won, it was a great victory with two of our starting 5 not playing, against one of the favorites for the title

This discussion reminds me of an old south expression: "If...Dog...Rabbit." 

It is short for "if the dog hadn't stopped to take a pee, he'd caught the rabbit." 

"If" is one of the all-time classic words in sports discussions. The truth is we don't know what could have happened if things were different. If Dillon and Adams had played things would have been different but no one knows what affect they would have had any more than people know what affect Draymond would have had.

All we know for sure is when Jaren was on the court the Grizzlies outscored the Warriors by nearly a point a minute. When he was off the court the Warriors outscored the Grizzlies. You can draw whatever conclusions you want from that information. 

26 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

It is short for "if the dog hadn't stopped to take a pee, he'd caught the rabbit." 

In Spain we say "If my grandma had wheels, she'd be a motorcycle". Don't ask.

Just now, fanboyslim said:

In Spain we say "If my grandma had wheels, she'd be a motorcycle". Don't ask.

See the source image

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

"If" is one of the all-time classic words in sports discussions. The truth is we don't know what could have happened if things were different. If Dillon and Adams had played things would have been different but no one knows what affect they would have had any more than people know what affect Draymond would have had.

All we know for sure is when Jaren was on the court the Grizzlies outscored the Warriors by nearly a point a minute. When he was off the court the Warriors outscored the Grizzlies. You can draw whatever conclusions you want from that information. 

Agreed

The comment wasn't an apologist one for Jaren, it was about pretty much encapsulated by what you just said.

4 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Could have had LaMelo Ball with that #2 pick. 

I was nauseous when they got the 2nd pick! No shade towards Wiseman but thank heavens they didn’t get a franchise player 

1 minute ago, toocoolkellz said:

I don't think Ja would appreciate that

Why?  The whole point is that everyone boos them... the Kings fans were just doing a bad job of it haha

1 minute ago, BnaBreaker said:

Why?  The whole point is that everyone boos them... the Kings fans were just doing a bad job of it haha

The way he didn't dap up them kids, he probably hates seeing them get any kind of jumbotron love. I honestly feel the same 

2 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Next time the Warriors or Fakers come to town, we need to steal this bit that the Kings do:

I would like if would pop some loosers in the image to make it pretty clear for them

2 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

I don't think those bandwagoners find the situation very humiliating, what with the taking pictures and waving at the camera.

I don’t even think they care if they win. They’re just there to see.

13 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I don’t even think they care if they win. They’re just there to see.

This,  it seems the same at our games.  Towards the end they end up cheering for us anyways