chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ L A Lakers - 1/9/2022

Just now, The J Crew said:

You just won't stop talking about Brandon Ingram for some reason. Is he banging your sister or something? 

He is a vastly overrated player making too much money who has never helped his team win. Clear now?  Jesus Christ. 

If he is, he's a bad mfer considering I don't have a sister, invisible cooch.  I'm not the person to bring him up, you actually said something about him before I did.  I just find it weird when people say player A has never contributed to winning. Most players don't when they're on bad teams.  Lots of posters said the same thing about Zach,  now he's on the best team in the east.  

2 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

I am up for trading Culver (upside is he has an expiring deal which could be attractive to some teams) for a legit veteran 7 foot center.

Dewayne Dedmon?   Olynyk? (if healthy)

3 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

I still want Grant. We need another wing with size that plays D and make 3s. 

Could you imagine if you rest Ja/Adams and  use a lineup of Bane/Melton/DB/Grant/Jaren? 

Also Grant has another year in the deal. We would be set for next year run. 

What does Detroit want for him?

Reddish might be another player worth looking into....  Or, maybe we can get Gorgui Dieng back for the playoff push.

I also like Yuta Watanabe/Chris Boucher from Toronto.

2 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

If he is, he's a bad mfer considering I don't have a sister, invisible cooch.  I'm not the person to bring him up, you actually said something about him before I did.  I just find it weird when people say player A has never contributed to winning. Most players don't when they're on bad teams.  Lots of posters said the same thing about Zach,  now he's on the best team in the east.  

So because Zach LaVine is on the team with the best record in the East, then Brandon Ingram must be worth $33M a year. Great logic.

19 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Culver was the only guard in the game when Ellington and them made it look like the Globetrotters vs the Washington Generals.

That was really disappointing for him to have played pretty decently for a few games and then unable to take care of the rock and set up some half court offense for the last couple of minutes of a game.  That hurts the big leap of faith we took in his being a decent role player.  He is now in danger of being returned to "trade for a washing machine" status.

Well Culver isn't a point guard at all. That's the main issue. The times where he's been at his best are the times where he gets to play SF and just has to defend and be a cutter. I still think he can be decent in that role, but they keep trying to force playmaking responsibilities on him. 

I assign the late reserve letdown to lack of minutes together.

I remember when, when we had to count the minutes until the main squad could return to makeup for the reserves.

Them days is gone, a head scratcher, a lets-ask-pa bout that.

To me is simple if Jaren averages 5 blocks a game like his been doing lately we will be unbeatable.

1 minute ago, costarica2 said:

To me is simple if Jaren averages 5 blocks a game like his been doing lately we will be unbeatable.

Basically.  

The last two games he's been phenomenal.  Blocking everything, getting steals, scoring at a high rate, and rebounding very well, too.

7 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

So because Zach LaVine is on the team with the best record in the East, then Brandon Ingram must be worth $33M a year. Great logic.

I never said anything about money, I asked one question and you move the goal post to try to prove your argument.  Imma go back to original response,  Rrrrrriiiiiigggghhhhhhtttttt🙄

We don’t need to trade for anyone at this point my faith is 100% with the FO when it comes to roster building 

18 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

I never said anything about money, I asked one question and you move the goal post to try to prove your argument.  Imma go back to original response,  Rrrrrriiiiiigggghhhhhhtttttt🙄

Do you always have this much trouble admitting a mistake? Lol. 

1 hour ago, bhoyal said:

I guess the oddsmakers screwed that one up but good.

The oddsmakers are not in the business of making accurate predictions. They're in the business of fleecing ignorant Lakers fans.

Great win but with im not convince to have a starting 5 with ZW/Ja as they are both terrible defenders. Tonight JJJ was playing like crazy so it doesn not matter ( And lakers are trash) but against good team, i'm afraid it wont be enough. You don't go far in Play off when conceiding 118 points...and we won't score 130 every night.

4 minutes ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Great win but with im not convince to have a starting 5 with ZW/Ja as they are both terrible defenders. Tonight JJJ was playing like crazy so it doesn not matter ( And lakers are trash) but against good team, i'm afraid it wont be enough. You don't go far in Play off when conceiding 118 points...and we won't score 130 every night.

They had won 4 in a row coming into this game, so they were playing well. I'm not worried about the points as they scored 17 straight points on our 3rd string. 

24 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

The oddsmakers are not in the business of making accurate predictions. They're in the business of fleecing ignorant Lakers fans.

I wish they'd slip me a note when they do this.

1 hour ago, toocoolkellz said:

Again,  Riiiiiiigggghhhhttttttt, not saying he first but he definitely could help us 

I got yo back out here .Ingram is that dude. I have been a fan.When we play out the cuteness that is our current bench - we will need some experienced young go getters for the long haul. Ingram is definitely one of those. Low maintenance / rah rah - strictly business. 

8 minutes ago, tangogriz said:

I wish they'd slip me a note when they do this.

right? Get us the signal ... wink / finger guns whatever!

I'm watching the game again right now ... LeBron was with the ish from the start of the second ... right when Bane started playing that sweet string music.

Then tried to flat out bully us...knowin full well we don't bluff - it's right there on the towels

round here - we bully the bullies 

-MacBo

It's strange - I respected Kobe

- but Lebron - not at all.

Melo too. I used to rock with Melo when he played in Denver with AI...he's been jab stepping iso ing and now he is just the old man shouting at clouds telling the darn kids to get off his lawn ... forever trying to talk tuff to the pups… seems like he forgot how close he was to being out of the league.

grown men start getting mad then instead of getting better … smh 

1 hour ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Ja and ZW are good for a few steals. You miss the Ja block/steal.

4 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I got yo back out here .Ingram is that dude. I have been a fan.When we play out the cuteness that is our current bench - we will need some experienced young go getters for the long haul. Ingram is definitely one of those. Low maintenance / rah rah - strictly business. 

Where's @Subliminal with the demerits for being a fan of other team's players on the Grizzlies forum?

3 hours ago, TRE2K3 said:

Ja and ZW are good for a few steals. You miss the Ja block/steal.

Impressive, but a highlight block doesn't make you a good defender.  I expect Ja to improve though, because he always challenges himself to be better.

7 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Difference in the two bench scrub units is that Lakers actually have Vets in theirs. 

And this is on the coaching staff. Hopefully a lesson will be learnt from this.

You don't put out Culver Aldama Tillman with the Rook, ask Culver to be a PG, which he isn't, how many times does this have to be tested?

And ask the Rook to be the lead offense? 

With that line up, against vets, no wonder it was a 21-0 run against. And no way I'm blaming Zaire, he did his job already.

Where was Tillie, who was a starter before this game?

Tillman -14

Culver -14

Aldama -14

And Tillman benefited in plus minus from having been out there earlier when they started to make their against the Lakers, so his plus minus was probably the worst.

Kinda spoiled a magical performance by the others