Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GF#1

2009 NBA Playoffs

the dallas denver series doesn't fit the bill....the nugs have home court advantage.....

i know the denver dallas series doesn't fit the bill. but i was thinking denver would be a good bet for game 3.

but i don't bet on sports..

Jazz beat Houston both home games to open round 1 last year and cruised to victory:

# GAME 1: JAZZ 93 @ ROCKETS 82 FINAL

# GAME 2: JAZZ 90 @ ROCKETS 84 FINAL

# GAME 3: ROCKETS 94 @ JAZZ 92 FINAL

# GAME 4: ROCKETS 82 @ JAZZ 86 FINAL

# GAME 5: JAZZ 69 @ ROCKETS 95 FINAL

# GAME 6: ROCKETS 91 @ JAZZ 113 FINAL

After last night's game an interesting question crossed my mind. How will people react if Derek Fisher gets suspended for Game 3 against Houston but not Kobe? What about Alston? Should he be suspended?

My bet is that Fisher is suspended but Alston and Kobe play. This is typical with the NBA's attitude of protecting their stars and their pet teams.

the dallas denver series doesn't fit the bill....the nugs have home court advantage.....

so far this year.....

portland had home court advantage...lost game 1...played awesome and won game 2

spurs had home court advantage....lost game 1 and won game 2

celtics had home court over magic.....lost game 1, played awesome and won game 2

lakers had home court over rockets.....and are on their way to winning game 2 and shooting 80% for the game while scoring like 150 points....kobe may go for 60....

and that is just off the top of my head.....it may have even happened more times this year....

can anyone find an example of the home team losing game 1 AND game 2?

Dallas vs Houston about 5 years ago. Houston won 2 in Dallas. Then Dallas won 2 in Houston. They split the next two. Then Dallas won by 40 in game 7.

well Kobe of course is not suspended. I dont know why they would frankly, as much as I despise Kobe.

These games tonight will be very good to watch!

After last night's game an interesting question crossed my mind. How will people react if Derek Fisher gets suspended for Game 3 against Houston but not Kobe? What about Alston? Should he be suspended?

My bet is that Fisher is suspended but Alston and Kobe play. This is typical with the NBA's attitude of protecting their stars and their pet teams.

why would kobe be suspended? RON RON went off the handle for bascially not reason, thats a play that happens 10 times every game while positioning for a rebound...this attitude is typical of fans who want to see over reaction from the league. IMO Fisher shouldnt miss a game either,

why would kobe be suspended? RON RON went off the handle for bascially not reason, thats a play that happens 10 times every game while positioning for a rebound...this attitude is typical of fans who want to see over reaction from the league. IMO Fisher shouldnt miss a game either,

If Artest had thrown that elbow at Kobe would he have been suspended?

Amare Stoudamire was suspended for stepping on the court in a playoff game. Kobe threw a viscious elbow that the league changed to a Flagrant 1 foul. That means somebody in New York felt it was more than something that happens 10 times every game. Kobe also has a history of throwing elbows at people's neck (remember Mike Miller).

Kobe would have been suspended if he wasn't a superstar. Two sets of rules in the NBA is a well-known reality and this is just another example.

IMO Fisher shouldnt miss a game either,

Well that's just crazy.

I wouldn't think he should either if this were the NFL and he were a running back blocking for the QB.

He'd get a pat on the butt for that takedown.

i have a feeling that LA now wins in 5 games......ugh

go nuggets?

lebron is probably the best hope to keep Kobe and Pau from winning a title......c'mon lebron

i have a feeling that LA now wins in 5 games......ugh

go nuggets?

lebron is probably the best hope to keep Kobe and Pau from winning a title......c'mon lebron

go nuggets for sure + i used to live in denver and vail....

it won't bother me to see pau win a title as much as it will both me to see kobe and the lakers' fans.

i still like pau gasol - he clearly isn't worth a max deal in a small market.

screw kobe.

screw the laker fans.

Well that's just crazy.

I wouldn't think he should either if this were the NFL and he were a running back blocking for the QB.

He'd get a pat on the butt for that takedown.

it wasnt that bad, scola saw it coming and helped him out by flopping...

scalabriene should be suspended for that super flop he put on howard during the game today. that would be by new rule: suspensions for blantant flops, the new rules put into place this year havent slowed it at all, its stupid, or like the idiot on the rockets tonight who jumped head first and sideways into sasha the machine. its gonna out of control, i was watching the game with some friends and they were laughing their ***** off at the NBA refs with all their stupid flagrant 1 and 2 calls, its so random....

Suspending players for playoff games for anything other than a punch thrown is stupid IMO, i mean, imagine if the grizz were in the playoffs (its not that hard if you try) and we lost a series or something b/c one of our guys was suspended for the game for something like giving an elbow fighting for a rebound??? its just absurd....

Also, is what fisher did any worse than when people set blind screens at halfcourt on defenders?? they know what they are doing, they are sizing the person up the whole way, i guess they should be suspended too...

I agreed with the NBA suspending Fisher (a foolish and childish action) but not Bryant. Not because it was him, but for me what he did wasn't that big, fighting for a rebound in your zone and overprotecting it. It doesn't deserve a suspension.

its gonna out of control, i was watching the game with some friends and they were laughing their ***** off at the NBA refs with all their stupid flagrant 1 and 2 calls, its so random....

I do agree that it's gotten stupid.

Also, is what fisher did any worse than when people set blind screens at halfcourt on defenders?? they know what they are doing, they are sizing the person up the whole way, i guess they should be suspended too...

I don't see the comparison there. Scola's motion isn't what caused him to go down..as it would be if he were the person being hit by a blindscreen.

Denver will beat the Lakers, if the Lakers can get past Houston. I'm not so sure if Yao's injury won't help the Rockets. They looked better against the Lakers at times without Yao to me. Denver will be overly physical with the Lakers.

Denver will beat the Lakers, if the Lakers can get past Houston. I'm not so sure if Yao's injury won't help the Rockets. They looked better against the Lakers at times without Yao to me. Denver will be overly physical with the Lakers.

i hope your right........

cheering against the lakers is my main entertainment in the playoffs this year.....

wow. grizzly fans have hit an all time (though expected) low in integrity and ignorance. y'all really hate the lakers. the same lakers that gave us j west and 3 shots at the playoffs. the same lakers that knew we wanted a younger team and gave us the more grizzly-like gasol in exchange for the older, not as physical one.

your only joys come at routing for whoever the lakers play. thats almost cute. another disappointment awaits you all. if you thought 24 games was bad, wait til you see us knock off the rockets (shoulda played dorsey more rather than rely on 2 usually injured players), beat the nuggets (you cant possibly think with bynum improving that they can contend), and face whoever the east has for us to beat.

there is no stopping kobe. he is like denzel on man on fire. he'll stop at nothing to win that ring this year. his defense is incredible (he did block yao's shot last game) and there is NOOOOO one to stop him on offense.

don't hate the lakers who are really like a good talented smart version of the grizzlies. i said it once, and i'll say it again. embrace this laker team and try to be like em, fans included.

wow. grizzly fans have hit an all time (though expected) low in integrity and ignorance. y'all really hate the lakers. the same lakers that gave us j west and 3 shots at the playoffs. the same lakers that knew we wanted a younger team and gave us the more grizzly-like gasol in exchange for the older, not as physical one.

your only joys come at routing for whoever the lakers play. thats almost cute. another disappointment awaits you all. if you thought 24 games was bad, wait til you see us knock off the rockets (shoulda played dorsey more rather than rely on 2 usually injured players), beat the nuggets (you cant possibly think with bynum improving that they can contend), and face whoever the east has for us to beat.

there is no stopping kobe. he is like denzel on man on fire. he'll stop at nothing to win that ring this year. his defense is incredible (he did block yao's shot last game) and there is NOOOOO one to stop him on offense.

don't hate the lakers who are really like a good talented smart version of the grizzlies. i said it once, and i'll say it again. embrace this laker team and try to be like em, fans included.

Speaking for myself, I hate the Lakers because of their fans. The team is alright but, the fans are awful.

booo.gif

97iov9.jpg

I actually like many of the Lakers' players (Pau included). I hate the Lakers team because they are a media favorite and the NBA and the media is intently working to brainwash everyone into being fans of big market teams.

great game today.......really made my day.....

shane played great.....brooks played great (best PG in his draft?).....hayes played good....lowry played good......

the lakers will still win in 6 or 7, but every series so far has exposed them......

and ya, I hate the lakers and I hate their fans.....their fans might be the most annoying fans in sports.......and sasha, kobe and pau make one of the most annoying threesome in sports too.......

i've said this to many this series, but andrew bynum is horrible right now....hahahaha