BigHunkALove

Memphis Grizzlies Trade Deadline 2021-22 and beyond

The Pacers fans seem ok with the following trade:

Melton, 1st 2022, Adams (to TOR or CHA for expirings to IND for Turner, Lamb

If Turner fits us, we resign him. Otherwise, we trade him in summer for a top-10 pick.

18 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

He used to eat well in Spain. I don’t blame him, I also gained 40lbs when I moved to the States. I... um... keep them as a token of remembrance.

See the source image

21 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Supposedly Mo Bamba is one of the players the Orlando Magic is shopping for a first round pick.

Big Mo could be an IDEAL backup rim protector/lob threat.  He can also step outside and hit 3's. Better rebounder than Jaren.  He's a free agent after this year, but the playoffs is the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Supposedly Mo Bamba is one of the players the Orlando Magic is shopping for a first round pick.

Big Mo could be an IDEAL backup rim protector/lob threat.  He can also step outside and hit 3's. Better rebounder than Jaren.  He's a free agent after this year, but the playoffs is the playoffs.

I will never want Bamba after he refused to workout for us during the draft. He's also just not that great. Adams and Jaren at center are a great duo, and I don't see a need to add anyone else. No need to give a first for a possible rental when we are just fine at pretty much every position. 

1 hour ago, Rdk4121 said:

I will never want Bamba after he refused to workout for us during the draft. He's also just not that great. Adams and Jaren at center are a great duo, and I don't see a need to add anyone else. No need to give a first for a possible rental when we are just fine at pretty much every position. 

I am not concerned about Mamba's Bamba's attitude before the draft. We've forgiven Adams for getting Z-Bo tossed in Game 7 of the playoffs so it's not like the city holds a grudge. 

I would strongly consider Mamba Bamba with the 3rd first round pick in the draft. He has potential and these coaches have shown the ability to get the most out of young players. Could you imagine combining Mo and JJJ with Williams as a front line? They could cover for a lot of Morant and Bane's defensive issues.  

I don't know what the FO thinks about this, and I would require Mo to be willing to sign a contract for a few years with very friendly terms for the team as well. 

6 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

No need to trade. We have lot of picks coming and the young will keep improving. We are the second youngest team and TJ  and his team seems clearly great at developing player. I truly believe we can win a championship with this group. 

I tend to agree, but there is a fine line between great and champion in the NBA. It takes a lot of learning and taking your lumps along the way. And you have to have a lot of luck. Take Toronto for instance, the year Kawhi was there; they were a great team, better than our Grizz team this year, but they'd have never won were it not for the Warriors injuries. Same is true for the Warriors the year they beat Cleveland the first time when they didn't have Kyrie or Kevin Love. A lot of things have to bounce your way. But, I do agree. This group, with some good fortune and the ability to learn from their mistakes, can definitely win a championship.

36 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Every time I think about this I wonder how good Yuta (as a 3) would have fit with this group…

he worked hard, and knew our systems from his time in Southaven and his callups with the Grizz…

28 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I am not concerned about Mamba's attitude before the draft. We've forgiven Adams for getting Z-Bo tossed in Game 7 of the playoffs so it's not like the city holds a grudge. 

I would strongly consider Mamba with the 3rd first round pick in the draft. He has potential and these coaches have shown the ability to get the most out of young players. Could you imagine combining Mo and JJJ with Williams as a front line? They could cover for a lot of Morant and Bane's defensive issues.  

I don't know what the FO thinks about this, and I would require Mo to be willing to sign a contract for a few years with very friendly terms for the team as well. 

Good ole Bo Mamba.  Or, Mo Bamba.

Yeah, he could be a "missing piece".

Kick the tires on Big Mo.  At best, we have our own Mobley/Jarrett Allen combo in Jaren/Bamba (but with BC/Adams as other high level big man pieces).

Then if we needed to free up some cash/roster space for Bo Mamba (or whatever his name is), we can shop Tillman/Aldama and the Lakers pick (to move up).

I might even do Culver/26/27 for Bamba/31/cash/future second round pick/trade exception.  Bamba is probably better than most bigs you can get out of this draft (Jabari is more of a 4/5 as is, I think, Chet Holmgren).

Then we can draft a wing (move up) using the Lakers pick and maybe one of Aldama/Tillman plus future second round picks/pick swaps.

I want Grant if we could swing it.

I could see us giving Detroit Kyle+Culver and a 1st for him if they can't find anything better at the end of the deadline. 

1 hour ago, Zappastache said:

I could see us giving Detroit Kyle+Culver and a 1st for him if they can't find anything better at the end of the deadline. 

I believe we will need multiple picks in this type of deal. Maybe a 1st swap or two 2nds to add to your package. 

1 hour ago, Zappastache said:

I think Grant is majorly overrated. But if this is all it takes to get him, I say do it. Unfortunately, every news outlet and podcast and reporter seem to think it is going to take at least 2 firsts (if not 3) and a young player to get Grant. If that is the price, I say no. Grant is a sub on this team unless the team moves Jaren to center full time.

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I am not concerned about Mamba's Bamba's attitude before the draft. We've forgiven Adams for getting Z-Bo tossed in Game 7 of the playoffs so it's not like the city holds a grudge. 

I would strongly consider Mamba Bamba with the 3rd first round pick in the draft. He has potential and these coaches have shown the ability to get the most out of young players. Could you imagine combining Mo and JJJ with Williams as a front line? They could cover for a lot of Morant and Bane's defensive issues.  

Thank you this whole I don’t want Bamba cause he didn’t wanna workout here narrative is so childish. This is a totally different franchise from the one Wallace and company ran. If they could get Bamba on a good contract he’d be a pretty good center to pair with Jaren or cone off the bench as Jaren’s backup of the future.

3 hours ago, Zappastache said:

Why

4 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Thank you this whole I don’t want Bamba cause he didn’t wanna workout here narrative is so childish. This is a totally different franchise from the one Wallace and company ran. If they could get Bamba on a good contract he’d be a pretty good center to pair with Jaren or cone off the bench as Jaren’s backup of the future.

Had nothing to do with Chris Wallace. Bamba didn't want to get drafted to a team with Marc Gasol as the starting center. Which made perfect sense.

Agree this whole work out or not thing is silly. Jaren didn't work out here either. Steph didn't work out in Golden State, and told them he didn't want the Warriors to draft him.

Marvin Bagley visited the Kings, told them he wanted to play in Sacramento.

Most agents don't let their top of the lottery guys do competitive workouts anymore. Seen as more to lose than gain. 

7 minutes ago, The J Crew said:

Had nothing to do with Chris Wallace. Bamba didn't want to get drafted to a team with Marc Gasol as the starting center. Which made perfect sense.

Agree this whole work out or not thing is silly. Jaren didn't work out here either. Steph didn't work out in Golden State, and told them he didn't want the Warriors to draft him.

Marvin Bagley visited the Kings, told them he wanted to play in Sacramento.

Most agents don't let their top of the lottery guys do competitive workouts anymore. Seen as more to lose than gain. 

I understood why a lot of guys didn’t want to workout for the Grizz during that time they were still trying to hold on to the whole core 4 thing and the style of play was not appealing to younger players. I highly doubt there would be many guys not interested in working out for the Grizz now

17 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

I understood why a lot of guys didn’t want to workout for the Grizz during that time they were still trying to hold on to the whole core 4 thing and the style of play was not appealing to younger players. I highly doubt there would be many guys not interested in working out for the Grizz now

I disagree. Probably moot anyway, since we are very unlikely to have a top pick anytime soon.

Top picks want to play immediately. If we had a top 4 pick in June, no top point guard would want to be drafted to a team that had Ja Morant. He would want to run his own team. 

So you really think Bamba didn’t want to come here cause we had Marc eventho Orlando had Vuc who was younger and better than Marc? There was no clear path to playing time in Orlando but there weren’t any statements coming out about him not being interested in the magic. 

I definitely think it has more to do with the identity of the franchise back then. It was unappealing in multiple ways I highly doubt a 30 something Marc was scaring guys away 

2 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

So you really think Bamba didn’t want to come here cause we had Marc eventho Orlando had Vuc who was younger and better than Marc? There was no clear path to playing time in Orlando but there weren’t any statements coming out about him not being interested in the magic. 

I definitely think it has more to do with the identity of the franchise back then. It was unappealing in multiple ways I highly doubt a 30 something Marc was scaring guys away 

The identity of the franchise was we went to 7 straight playoffs. Unappealing how exactly? Don't buy into this crap that of a few on here who can never say anything positive about Wallace or Hollinger. Of course maybe you're one of the ones promoting the crap. 

And who said Bamba wanted to go to Orlando either? I'm sure the Magic weren't his first choice. But Mo Bamba didn't get to choose where he was drafted. Orlando probably ignored, as they should have, Bamba's draft preferences. 

We still need a three-point sniper and a stretch 4/5 off the bench. Bamba and Bagley can be had for cheap. I’d try for Buddy Hield. We gotta get rid of Kyle and Culver’s contracts. We shouldn’t just stand pat. 

23 minutes ago, f-dizzle said:

We still need a three-point sniper and a stretch 4/5 off the bench. Bamba and Bagley can be had for cheap. I’d try for Buddy Hield. We gotta get rid of Kyle and Culver’s contracts. We shouldn’t just stand pat. 

Kyle + Culver/Melton + 2022 UTAH 1st for Harrison Barnes works, and adds firepower on the 3/4 spot for this and next year.

1 hour ago, Pumuki said:

Kyle + Culver/Melton + 2022 UTAH 1st for Harrison Barnes works, and adds firepower on the 3/4 spot for this and next year.

I'd do that one in a heartbeat. Barnes has been legit this year.