BigHunkALove

Memphis Grizzlies Trade Deadline 2021-22 and beyond

The more I see this team operate together so well (I believe this team has the highest ceiling of any grizz team we've had and I don't count out the possibility of a playoff run to the west finals - that said, anything could happen and we could just as easily lose to a team like the  Nuggets in the first round) the more I think we should stand pat this year. Rather than make a trade before the deadline this year, wait till the draft and trade our picks then. If we decide Kyle or Tyus are going to cost us too much, or teams come asking for Brandon or Melton, etc....make the trade then. We'll still have the same assets. I just don't see a trade that is available now that would help us that drastically in the present that won't be available this Summer. Give this team a chance to grow together and swing for it this Summer.

PJ Washington is available. He'd be a great replacement for Kyle next year as well. He's a really good 3 point shooter and a pretty good defender. They keep trying to make him play center, which isn't his best fit. He'd be really good as backup PF. If Jaren does move to center full time next year, letting Brandon and PJ take all the PF minutes would be awesome. No drop off really. 

27 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

PJ Washington is available. He'd be a great replacement for Kyle next year as well. He's a really good 3 point shooter and a pretty good defender. They keep trying to make him play center, which isn't his best fit. He'd be really good as backup PF. If Jaren does move to center full time next year, letting Brandon and PJ take all the PF minutes would be awesome. No drop off really. 

Do we have enough IG tots to lure him? 

2 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

Do we have enough IG tots to lure him? 

Dillon says he ain’t sharing 😎

1 hour ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Redish isn't good. That's why Hawks were trying to trade him. They have salary issues but they're basically flipping him for a mid first round pick. He's whatever.

They traded him because the were an Eastern Conference team last year and are now tanking with the same roster and don’t know why. They are making moves not to make get better but trying to reverse what has happened to them. 

1 hour ago, Rdk4121 said:

Yea but would we move Kyle to get PJ cause having him Kyle and BC on the roster all at the same time won’t work.

31 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Yea but would we move Kyle to get PJ cause having him Kyle and BC on the roster all at the same time won’t work.

Offseason move again. We could just try move Kyle in that deal. 

2 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Offseason move again. We could just try move Kyle in that deal. 

I’m assuming you mean a sign and trade only problem is PJ will be making 5 mil and Kyle will likely get a raise the contracts might not work in the off-season.

1 minute ago, Ndq0327 said:

I’m assuming you mean a sign and trade only problem is PJ will be making 5 mil and Kyle will likely get a raise the contracts might not work in the off-season.

Could just trade Tillie and draft compensation. Kyle doesn't really need to be involved. Alternatively if we do sign and trade Kyle we should have a trade exception that should be able to fit Washington's contract.  

22 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Could just trade Tillie and draft compensation. Kyle doesn't really need to be involved. Alternatively if we do sign and trade Kyle we should have a trade exception that should be able to fit Washington's contract.  

I suppose I just think deals like that won’t be around in the summer cause someone will trade for him now. This just isn’t a good year for trade speculation cause the team is playing so well as a team there are no real weak links 

3 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

I suppose I just think deals like that won’t be around in the summer cause someone will trade for him now. This just isn’t a good year for trade speculation cause the team is playing so well as a team there are no real weak links 

It's possible he gets moved now, but I don't think it is likely. They are obviously in a playoff race and they will need him. There problems starting kicking in once the offseason comes and they have to re-sign Miles Bridges, plus having Rozier and Hayward on big contracts. Oubre as well is on a decent contract, plus they have dead cap from Batum at 8 million, and are most likely going to want to re-sign Cody Martin.  

25 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

We need a trade. I just dont know if we will find it.

Why do you think we need a trade? 

We have won 11 straight. We are rollin with the guys here into the playoffs. 

Our next move is likely to be a consolidation move during draft time. 

27 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

We need a trade. I just dont know if we will find it.

Actually, no, I'm thinking this thread gonna get locked up.

The FO, in them we trust!

The only ones at the moment at risk are Culver, and Tillman. There's no real value deal out there for this

Just now, Teddy.B said:

Why do you think we need a trade? 

We have won 11 straight. We are rollin with the guys here into the playoffs. 

We miss some size and shooting. I still want Grant, but dont know if they would do it.

8 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

Maybe.

I call consolidation trades Big Foot. Often talked about, but rarely seen. 

Just now, The J Crew said:

Maybe.

I call consolidation trades Big Foot. Often talked about, but rarely seen. 

True, but they ain't likely to draft N keep three guys on draft night. 

Probably some trade for picks in later years. 

Moving Tillman for another rim protector would be ideal but then again Santi will be better next season 

19 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Actually, no, I'm thinking this thread gonna get locked up.

The FO, in them we trust!

The only ones at the moment at risk are Culver, and Tillman. There's no real value deal out there for this

Culver and the Utah pick can probably get us something.  Might be lots of sellers at the deadline.  We don’t need much — probably just a bit more depth after the 11th/12th men.

7 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Moving Tillman for another rim protector would be ideal but then again Santi will be better next season 

Santi doesn’t really project as an athletic rim protector/rim runner.  Or at least, not in time for the playoffs.  Shop Culver/Jazz pick for Best Athletic Big Man Available.  

18 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Santi doesn’t really project as an athletic rim protector/rim runner.  Or at least, not in time for the playoffs.  Shop Culver/Jazz pick for Best Athletic Big Man Available.  

Maybe Gorgui Dieng?  

I still like the trade of Kyle to the Bulls for that Portland pick. I think our front office is fine with building through the draft. PJ is solid but due an extension after next year. Having guys grow in our culture has been the key. Our reclamation projects haven’t worked thus far. Josh/Justice/Jarrett 

No need to trade. We have lot of picks coming and the young will keep improving. We are the second youngest team and TJ  and his team seems clearly great at developing player. I truly believe we can win a championship with this group.